Jump to content

SteelmaninOZ

Celtic v Motherwell 14/05/2022

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Watching highlights, never watched game live.  I am sorry, folk can go on about bigger budgets but half the goals conceded are embarrassing. No names mentioned but players in that team need to be punted

I only watched first half, all 3 goals very preventable...first 2 lost possession,  3rd jake carrol ( again) loses man ....how many goals has he been liable for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Great Balls of Shire said:

I only watched first half, all 3 goals very preventable...first 2 lost possession,  3rd jake carrol ( again) loses man ....how many goals has he been liable for?

Trouble is you get away with those mistakes against a lot of teams but against OF it can kill you as we painfully know.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I only watched first half, all 3 goals very preventable...first 2 lost possession,  3rd jake carrol ( again) loses man ....how many goals has he been liable for?

Lost count,. Been saying it for ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Trouble is you get away with those mistakes against a lot of teams but against OF it can kill you as we painfully know.   

Pretty much my view. We have to be realistic when comparing the two playing budgets and what that means on the field.

Yesterday's result, whilst disappointing, was in no way surprising.   The result and performance wasn't helped by our absentee list.

I thought I'd look back at Celtic's stats for home league games this season. Outwith Sevco, only 3 teams (excluding us) have scored at Parkhead. In terms of goal difference, we're about halfway out of the 10 clubs.  That said, some have only played once at Parkhead.

Undoubtedly, and in general, our defence needs addressed in the close  season and that means not just personnel but also tactics.  Defence is not limited  to the 4 or 5 at the back of course.  I don't doubt that the constant pressure on our defence wasn't helped by a powderpuff strikeforce.  Our specific tactics for Ibrox and Parkhead also need to be examined. Whilst not advocating all out attack, we do need to stop defending so deeply. In my view thats asking for trouble.  

Yesterday panned out pretty much how I thought. Dundee United were always going  to pick up a point in  Dingwall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Pretty much my view. We have to be realistic when comparing the two playing budgets and what that means on the field.

Yesterday's result, whilst disappointing, was in no way surprising.   The result and performance wasn't helped by our absentee list.

I thought I'd look back at Celtic's stats for home league games this season. Outwith Sevco, only 3 teams (excluding us) have scored at Parkhead. In terms of goal difference, we're about halfway out of the 10 clubs.  That said, some have only played once at Parkhead.

Undoubtedly, and in general, our defence needs addressed in the close  season and that means not just personnel but also tactics.  Defence is not limited  to the 4 or 5 at the back of course.  I don't doubt that the constant pressure on our defence wasn't helped by a powderpuff strikeforce.  Our specific tactics for Ibrox and Parkhead also need to be examined. Whilst not advocating all out attack, we do need to stop defending so deeply. In my view thats asking for trouble.  

Yesterday panned out pretty much how I thought. Dundee United were always going  to pick up a point in  Dingwall.

agree, but as someone else said big or small budget,  you can't give up possession so easily ...as I said switched off at ht, so thats just first half.

The first one , the boy miskicks the volley, it happens,  big Vic might connect with that another 9 times out of 10.

Our goals against is awful , hopefully ga is going to address this during close season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Pretty much my view. We have to be realistic when comparing the two playing budgets and what that means on the field.

Yesterday's result, whilst disappointing, was in no way surprising.   The result and performance wasn't helped by our absentee list.

I thought I'd look back at Celtic's stats for home league games this season. Outwith Sevco, only 3 teams (excluding us) have scored at Parkhead. In terms of goal difference, we're about halfway out of the 10 clubs.  That said, some have only played once at Parkhead.

Undoubtedly, and in general, our defence needs addressed in the close  season and that means not just personnel but also tactics.  Defence is not limited  to the 4 or 5 at the back of course.  I don't doubt that the constant pressure on our defence wasn't helped by a powderpuff strikeforce.  Our specific tactics for Ibrox and Parkhead also need to be examined. Whilst not advocating all out attack, we do need to stop defending so deeply. In my view thats asking for trouble.  

Yesterday panned out pretty much how I thought. Dundee United were always going  to pick up a point in  Dingwall.

We got 2 draws at Ibrox this year...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×