• Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

What did Calderwood say/do to make him so reviled ? :lol:

Here you go traffic

Colin Calderwood talking about the minutes applause/silence at the English games yesterday. Nottm Forest chose not to have a tribute.

"I didn't particularly want one. The fact it was a boy from Scotland, does that make it any different to a boy from Colombia? There was nothing from the football league to us, although i heard some talk of it just before kick off. Sometimes i don't think it's appropriate for every tragedy that happens. Sometimes it has to be a bit closer to home

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as i said at the time where was our silence for antonio puerta? i don't want the guy as our manager but he should be allowed an opinion.

His opinion is worth nothing. Don't forget that Forest played Motherwell at Fir Park only five months before Phil's passing. Surely that should have given them more of a reason to participate.

"I'm just there as a frontman until a new man comes in. When you've been at a club for 13 years, albeit over two spells, I'm more than happy to help out as much as I can."

What a legend Craigan is. The last paragraph sums up his attitude to the game. Top man!

and as i said at the time where was our silence for antonio puerta? i don't want the guy as our manager but he should be allowed an opinion.

Difference being there was a silence at every ground in England. There was certainly one at Old Trafford and I think the game might have been on live tv.

His opinion is worth nothing. Don't forget that Forest played Motherwell at Fir Park only five months before Phil's passing. Surely that should have given them more of a reason to participate.

i would say that about a lot of opinions but as this website continues to prove on a day to day basis everyone is entitled to one.

i still don't think his comments are any reason to demonise him though it should rule him out managing here (as well as being shite). i would have been happy to have had a minutes silence for puerta who had played in glasgow five months earlier but others on here you could guarantee would said it was OTT.

Interesting, the Beeb article mentions Mio too - Luc and Mio wouldn't be too bad.

That said, something worrying tells me it will be Sanchez. It's odd, I'm not going to jump on him before he's even got the gig, but it's not exactly too inspiring...whatever happened to close seasons where we got genuinely excited about things?

Ach, forget it, just give it to Dindeleux.

The certainly did do all right. We beat FHW 2-0 (that's ALWAYS a great result), lost 1-2 at Airdire in the diddy cup (a late Las oggy), beat Saint Johstone 3-2 in Perth (remember the mental celebrations to Stevie Nicholas's last-minute winner????) and we were absolutely robbed thanks to a late, late, late Maloney dive to steal a penalty winner at home to Shellic.

Football isn't rational to the supporters, it's emotional and if there is one name that gets the Motherwell supports emotions raging it's Colin Calderwood.

I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. People should be allowed to have an opinion on whether minutes' silences are an appropriate way to respect the dead. I don't have a strong opinion myself, but will respect others' right to have one. Phil O'Donnell's legacy should be to celebrate all that is good about football, not demonise someone like Calderwood who happened to express an unpopular opinion. Why can't supporters be rational, are we idiots or savages or something? :whistling:

I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. People should be allowed to have an opinion on whether minutes' silences are an appropriate way to respect the dead. I don't have a strong opinion myself, but will respect others' right to have one. Phil O'Donnell's legacy should be to celebrate all that is good about football, not demonise someone like Calderwood who happened to express an unpopular opinion. Why can't supporters be rational, are we idiots or savages or something? :whistling:

That is one of the worst posts i have ever read on this forum.

EDIT.....

This is the worst post i have ever read on this forum.

you are a muppet!!!!!!!!!!

End of!!!!!!!!!

Of course fans aren't rational and this is another example of a double standard. If someone dares to take a contrary opinion about Phil then they are demonised. If it's a player in a different country that dies tragically we get threads like this.

You can imagine the moral outrage if jokes like that were being made on the Uncle Phil threads.

Personally, I hope when I pop my clogs, nobody takes it too seriously and feels free to slag me off to the same extent as when I was alive.

I had typed up a fairly lengthy post to reply to that (not weeyins post, I'm far too slow at the typing by the looks of it) but reading it back it seemed pointless trying to justify my dislike of that fuckwit. Far be it for me to speak on behalf of others but I'm not the only one who would resent his appointment as Motherwell manager.

As far as I'm concerned, he can go and take a running fuck to himself. He can let his mouth run away with itself when he was Billy Big-boots in charge of Notts Forest but all of a sudden he's looking to get back into management and sees the 'Well job vacant? Tough shit bawbag, you made your bed and you can lie in it. Watch out who you step on on the way up, you might see them on the way back down and all that.