Yesterdays Chants

CoF

264 members have voted

1. 1. General feeling...

• It's fitba, anything goes. Git it up him etc.
    • Unecessary, bad taste, over the top etc.

Sorry to start another thread on this but I'm looking for conformation to show some pals of mine that yesterdays chants have been generally condemned by the 'well support. I'm not talking about the alleged 'fneineaein' ones because it appears that's a figment of media wishful thinking. Rammies and petty name calling should maybe be kept in the other thread.

Show of hands please. -_-

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Aberdeen (McGhee and its fans) trying to take the moral high ground on this one absolutely hilarious. EVERY club has a group of fans will who sing offensive chants just to wind up a player, manager etc. I would rather that they were smart, witty and original rather than this paedo crap. Unfortunatley it is all part of football the world over, doesn't mean that I like but it is the way it is. Suck it up McGhee and stop being such a pussie.

As I've posted elsewhere IMO he will be loving it anyway, it gives him the opportunity to use the media to switch focus away from how unremarkable and disappointing his start to management at Aberdeen has been and switch it onto other events, and what happens he wins.

I find Aberdeen (McGhee and its fans) trying to take the moral high ground on this one absolutely hilarious. EVERY club has a group of fans will who sing offensive chants just to wind up a player, manager etc.

Yep. Aberdeen fans sing about Neil Simpson almost ending Ian Durrant's career when they go to Ibrox.

git it up him, and whats the media all about saying, we where singing hes a phenian b****** :) ? didnt hear that :(

absolutely ............... I'm not in favour of what was sung, but it certainly was nothing along those lines.

Is that really being reported by the media ?????

I wasn't at the game but I think calling him a peado is a wee bit over the top although I do agree that the arrogant bastard deserves every bit of abuse he gets. Although by these chants we have given him the chance to gain the moral high ground and become a victim in some peoples eyes.

not jumping on any band wagon here, before anyone starts, but personally I wouldn't have been singing the paedo chants.

I fully understand the resentment towards McGhee, and I would be right in there in giving him pelters from the East stand, but maybe its because I've got kids, that I think the peado chant was too far.

as I say not jumping on any bandwagon, because I'll be the first to admit to giving Richard Gough the same abuse when I was a teenager ( many moons ago lol) and we all know what we called him. Not proud of the fact, just admitting to it.

just my tuppence worth mind

"You're just a fat Tony Mowbray" - shows a wee bit of thought and quite funny.

"You're a paedo" - sounds like a bunch of wee laddies that have just learned a new 'bad' word. Pretty juvenile and likely only funny on your 12th pint.

The fact that it was obviously going to make all the papers today makes it even more pointless. Now we have another label for the lazy journos to attach to our club.

Wasn,t there but if the chants were as poor in taste as reported then I am disappointed. For those who say anything goes, well that,s just pish and we are going as low as the old scum,but hey ho cannae please everybody. MM is public enemy no.1 but can anyone say we are really missing him?

Whilst he should be congratulated and remembered positively for many things, I think he deserved stick for the way he conducted himself in his second season, however as I've said elsewhere I think our guys went too far in trying to be as controversial as possible.

As it stands McGhee looks squeaky clean and wronged - as our punishment doesn't fit his crime. Over the weekend in the papers McGhee can still justifiably peddle the shite "i should be a hero, I haven't done anything to deserve this" etc etc.

A bit more thought and still keeping to the 'controversial' - Maybe "Mark McGhee Prostitute" would have worked - maybe then the scottish footballing public and more importantly mark McGhee would know EXACTLY why we've changed our view on him.

As it stands McGhee wins. He's the wronged party - we're the cocks.

Totally agree Steve.

Really disappointed with the element of our support which chose to sink to a new low in chants at a football match. Would be interesting to know how JG felt about that chanting after the praise for the fans at Perth.

Embarrassing, OTT and for the first time in my life I'm ashamed to be associated with that type of "support".

We've all had a bit of fun with the ribbing/chastising of Muttley since he left (I'm as guilty as the next man) but I think it's time we all moved on and focus on life under JG - Muttley is just another ex-manager along with Malpas, Butcher, Black, Davies etc etc.

Stuart.