Yassin Moutouatkil

Busta Nut

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given up, the fact the people don't understand his role is plain stupid. On two occasions Jennings didn't cover for Yassin, they both led to attacking opportunities. McGeadys goal was a combination of things, Yassin should have just hoofed the ball, Jennings should have calmly passed the ball away, Hammell should have marked his man. Many were at fault.

THe same people who moan about us being overly defensive and playing from the back too often are those criticising Yassin for being attack minded. The same folk probably slated Paul Quinn and now wish he was still here.

Your answer is in the post you were replying to. If he were indeed world class would you not expect a better return in terms of his crossing. Yass has as good a record as that and folks are calling him rubbige

Apologies if my original post was slightly misleading. What I meant is that you can forgive Wayne Bridge's poor crossing ability bacause he is so good at his defensive duties. You cant say the same about Yass.

I for one would rather have a solid right back who hardly ventured forward than someone constantly roaming all over the park costing us goals every week.

So it is acceptable for a world class wide defender (according to you) to not be able to cross for the life of himself, but it is shocking that a Motherwell wide defender can't... :wallbash:

MFC, is spot on by the way.

No that's not what I meant. See above. Cheers

Apologies if my original post was slightly misleading. What I meant is that you can forgive Wayne Bridge's poor crossing ability bacause he is such a good defender. You cant say the same about Yass.

I would say his poor crossing ability ranks him far from world class. I can forgive Yass' poor crossing ability cos he's also far from world class otherwise he wouldn't be here.

I would say his poor crossing ability ranks him far from world class. I can forgive Yass' poor crossing ability cos he's also far from world class otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Aye but that's my point, he's also shite at defending so what exactly does he bring to the team?

I would also argue that there are plenty world class full backs who have poor stats when it comes to productive crosses.

Aye but that's my point, he's also shite at defending so what exactly does he bring to the team?

I would also argue that there are plenty world class full backs who have poor stats when it comes to productive crosses.

And my point is unrealistic expectations of our players from many fans. I don't expectanything from our players, I take what I get but I'm prepared to trust the managers opinion of a player more than I am yours.

The point you seem to be making is that world class defenders earn themselves an undeserved reputation these days. If their crossing is shite, they cannae be world class can they? Maybe very good but I'd expect more from a supposed world class player.

And my point is unrealistic expectations of our players from many fans. I don't expectanything from our players, I take what I get but I'm prepared to trust the managers opinion of a player more than I am yours.

The point you seem to be making is that world class defenders earn themselves an undeserved reputation these days. If their crossing is shite, they cannae be world class can they? Maybe very good but I'd expect more from a supposed world class player.

Fair enough, but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect you right back to be able to defend. If he's good going forward and crossing a ball then that's a bonus imo. A right back, world class or not, first and foremost has to be able to defend. That's all I'm asking for!

That's not the point I was making. My fault I didn't put it across very well!

I've given up, the fact the people don't understand his role is plain stupid. On two occasions Jennings didn't cover for Yassin, they both led to attacking opportunities. McGeadys goal was a combination of things, Yassin should have just hoofed the ball, Jennings should have calmly passed the ball away, Hammell should have marked his man. Many were at fault.

THe same people who moan about us being overly defensive and playing from the back too often are those criticising Yassin for being attack minded. The same folk probably slated Paul Quinn and now wish he was still here.

+2

Shocker I know but definitely +2

Charlton Boss speaks. Much like we already know, Yass's Agen is bullshi**ng them too....

MOTHERWELL have told Charlton they would like to extend Yassin Moutaouakil’s loan deal in January.

The defender joined the Scottish side in August on a temporary basis, but the terms of that deal end next month and Addicks boss Phil Parkinson has revealed Motherwell are keen to keep hold of the player for a bit longer.

“Motherwell have mentioned to us they would like to extend it,” he said.

“There are one or two other clubs who his agent tells us are interested, so we are really just waiting for developments on that.

“He hasn’t told us who those clubs are and we haven’t had the calls ourselves, but as you know agents work in the background and we've given the agent permission to try and find Yassin a club.”

Im personally so pleased at the moment with the direction we are going in bar playing Moutakil.

Here are some of the reasons why

He is not hear for the long haul

He lets EVERY ball into the box apart from slide challenges where he should be winning the ball in the first place. Causing our defence more issues.

He runs with his head down

He cant cross.

Get Saunders at right back where he can improve his game, as a long term player. Lets play Hutchison when fit in centre or Craigan.

Im personally so pleased at the moment with the direction we are going in bar playing Moutakil.

Here are some of the reasons why

He is not hear for the long haul

He lets EVERY ball into the box apart from slide challenges where he should be winning the ball in the first place. Causing our defence more issues.

He runs with his head down

He cant cross.

Get Saunders at right back where he can improve his game, as a long term player. Lets play Hutchison when fit in centre or Craigan.

Is he deaf as well? ^_^