January Transfer Window

TAM

Did he not have a shocker of a red-card incident in his Clyde days?

Just the tip of the iceberg I believe.

Seemed a sound guy to talk to though.

He was the guy that done the Accies player, Ross Jamieson (I think that is his name) and finished his career.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think big Ports is great and would love him to stay but we need to be realistic.

The guy could play at a higher level and we can't match the wages from even the bottom end of the championship. We cannot afford to turn down a decent offer as without transfer cash MM will have no room to bring players in.

We do have another goalscorer who could already come in for Ports. We know Ports and Suttom cannot play together but surely Sutton was brought in by MM knowing that the chances were that Ports would move on come now. He must have been brought in as Ports replacement and has therefore had time to settle into the club with no immediate pressure to match Ports goals from last season.

SO - I would say a huge thanks to Porter and take the cash, give Sutton a run in the team and look to strengthen elsewhere. If my theory is correct MM should be applauded for such planning!

He was the guy that done the Accies player, Ross Jamieson (I think that is his name) and finished his career.

Rubbish, he never "done" him, was a complete accident on his part. Having watched him playing for Lanark United he might have been a bit of a hothead but he was always hard working enough and never set out to hurt a player.

Who the fuck is Dougie Imrie - I have never even heard of the guy.

If he plays for Inverness then he can feck off as they are shite.

We should be trying to get players from England or get quality players from the lwoer leagues.

Dundee Utd are not where they are now by signing SPL has beens. They sourced young talent from lower league Scottish clubs who have been excellent - Robertson, Swanson and Dillon. They have also got in top drawer English and Forgien players.

We should do the same and not look at signing Cowie or Imrie!

We should be trying to get players from England or get quality players from the lwoer leagues.

Dundee Utd are not where they are now by signing SPL has beens. They sourced young talent from lower league Scottish clubs who have been excellent - Robertson, Swanson and Dillon. They have also got in top drawer English and Forgien players.

We were shite the season we finished bottom and survived due to Falkirk's inability to raise a proper stadium fit for SPL purpose, but Faddy was in that team. So, just cos we were shite, we have to automatically suggest that Faddy was shite? Football doesn't work like that, good players play for shit teams. It's the pish that surrounds that quality that brings them down, it takes a really good player to still stand out and catch the eye, when your team are constantly getting gubbed. Yes, ICT are pish, doesn't mean that everyone that plays for them are equally as poor.

Neither Cowie nor Imrie are "SPL has beens".

Both are well short of there prime.

Both were picked up in the same way Robertson, Swanson, Dixon were for United.

Cowie excelled for Ross County before moving on to ICT.

Whereas Imrie was excellent for Clyde before moving up to ICT.

So, there is absolutely no difference in the careers of Cowie/Imrie compared to Robertson/Dixon.

And I am sure most on here would be happy to sign either of United's "1st Division Players".

ICT happened to be the only team willing to gamble on these players, they have since proved themselves at SPL level, so why not sign either of them up?

Certainly an improvement on McGarry anyway..

What a level headed assesment of the situation. :whistling:

Dougie Imrie is shite. Anyone who wants to have him signed is wantin' their head checked.

If that were the calibre of player we signed in the summer then we'd be in division 1 the following season.

It seems the only people who mention his name are his 'mates' from the Lanark/Carluke area.

I'd take Cowie though.

Nothing to do with the hamilton incident, i dont really know much about that. Went to school with dougie and lee imrie, both complete sackpunts although Dougie is by far the biggest dicks. One of the people i hate the most from school and would absolutely despise seeing him wearing the claret and amber, he swans about lanark as if he is beckham :)

No one that knows Imrie out of football will have a good word to say about him. I'd be really shocked if you did find someone.

It's on the evening times website that Inverness caley are looking at midfielder Gary Harkins from Partick. Not sure if there is any truth in it but if there is I would like to see us challening for his signature. He has been Partick's top performer this season and Aberdeen had a bid for 50k turned down a while back. Report says Partick estimate his value at around 100k.

It's on the evening times website that Inverness caley are looking at midfielder Gary Harkins from Partick. Not sure if there is any truth in it but if there is I would like to see us challening for his signature. He has been Partick's top performer this season and Aberdeen had a bid for 50k turned down a while back. Report says Partick estimate his value at around 100k.

Well that puts us out the picture then.

A central midfielder that scores 7 or 8 goals a season? At Motherwell? Come on don't be silly!

Unless I'm forgetting someone that last midfielder we had like that was Ged Brannan.

In a radio interview last night, MMcG said that if we sign 3 or 4 players, then 3 or 4 existing players will have to go, as our level of finances means we can only run with a squad of about 20.

I wonder who is most at risk of being moved on? Boab, McGarry, Dairylea and Fizzy? Have to say I'd be sad to see the latter two go.