Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

It is not Motherwell's fault what so ever.

*ring ring*

"Hi Leed United, Motherwell here, we want Mike Grella on loan, that awrite?"

"yeh sure don't see any problems"

"cheers lads"

Thats how I imagine this was conducted, at some point somebody at Leeds should have realised no since this is a cross border transfer some daft fifa rule comes into play, before letting their player come up here and have to go all the way back, no doubt missing a days training etc.

Transfers in England seem to contradict this rule all the time, since "emergency loans don't count" so why was anybody wrong to assume this wasn't the case.

regardless of how the conversations went, questions asked etc should we not have ensured that he was able to play for us before we told the world that he would be?

We are at fault, not Leeds, not the SFA, us.

It is not Motherwell's fault what so ever.

*ring ring*

"Hi Leed United, Motherwell here, we want Mike Grella on loan, that awrite?"

"yeh sure don't see any problems"

"cheers lads"

Thats how I imagine this was conducted, at some point somebody at Leeds should have realised no since this is a cross border transfer some daft fifa rule comes into play, before letting their player come up here and have to go all the way back, no doubt missing a days training etc.

Transfers in England seem to contradict this rule all the time, since "emergency loans don't count" so why was anybody wrong to assume this wasn't the case.

The rule doesnt exist in England, so why would they check anything? They aren't gonna know the laws in another country. If a club in Sweden came to us asking if they could borrow one of our players...would we then check their rules? Of course not...we'd assume they wouldn't have asked for the player if it wasn't possible from their end.

The rule doesnt exist in England, so why would they check anything? They aren't gonna know the laws in another country. If a club in Sweden came to us asking if they could borrow one of our players...would we then check their rules? Of course not...we'd assume they wouldn't have asked for the player if it wasn't possible from their end.

Its a Fifa rule, not just scotland

I'm sure Martyn Corrigan played for us, Dundee and Killie in one season, so the rule doesn't exist here but seems to come into play with an international transfer. So we've know our rules and the English rules and then a daft FIFA rule that nobody's sure about has came into play.

Its a Fifa rule, not just scotland

In England, emergency loans don't count. Im assuming they Leeds would have thought that as we'd got to the point of asking for a specific player, we'd have checked it out and that they didn't count up here either.

We've made an arse of it...no-one else.

Loving the mock outrage, it's such a easy thing to check, it's a joke, blah, blah, blah.....

Now correct me if I'm wrong, did anyone of us notice the rule-breach???

Ha what total and utter pish!

Do we sign players? No

Do we work for a professional football club? No

Do we spend small fortunes on scouts and other staff to find these players? No

Its not our job to make sure the contracts are water tight.

I think someone did notice it earlier in the thread, but that doesn't really matter because none of us are paid to notice these sort of things.

Our club gets more embarrassing by the minute. A lot of people on here were crying out for more communication from the club, but maybe it would be better if the club just didn't say anything, ever.

Loving the mock outrage, it's such a easy thing to check, it's a joke, blah, blah, blah.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but are any of us football administrators, managers or anybody else who should be interested in these things?

Come onto fuck Probes even you can see (through yer NHS specs) that this is a riddy!!

These new signings have no impact on next season's budget. We lost four players, and so far we have replaced them with two short-term replacements.

Most of these young guys are out on loan getting regular games away from the east stand, and when they're ready they'll get their chance in the first team. The plan hasn't changed for them since the start of the season, and it shouldn't. Losing a couple of players doesn't make them more ready. Relying on the youngsters to suddenly step up halfway through the season is a huge risk to take and could shatter their confidence. For every McFadden, Hammel and Clarkson there's a Fagan or a Ramsay.

I liked Dougie Ramsay. Was i the only one? I still, to this day, am surprised he never made it with us long term. Though I was quite young at the time so maybe not such a critic back then!!

OUT - Why sell Reynolds for £100K and look actively for a left sided central defender, who are hard to acquire.(acquire quote from S.McC)

Would the league placing potentially take care of £100K?

Well theres add ons to the £100K. This could be something like a 10-20% sell on clause so could be worth a lot more in the long term.

I cannot believe this grella situation by the way. Still think we should let bob go to partick though

Ha what total and utter pish!

Do we sign players? No

Do we work for a professional football club? No

Do we spend small fortunes on scouts and other staff to find these players? No

Its not our job to make sure the contracts are water tight.

Ahh Johnstone you do make me laugh chief good show! :lol:

Are some of these reactions not a bit over the top? Red tape has stopped us from signing a player that barely anyone had ever heard of. We are not the first team that this has happened too and certainly won't be the last.

On top of this, the transfer window is open until the end of the month. No money has been spent on the Grella deal so I would assume that there is still the capacity to bring someone else in?

Nobody noticed because it's such an obscure wee rule, it's not wrong to assume that what looks like a pretty simple transfer, even for people involved in football. If our rules mean emergency loans don't count, and English rules say the same, it's not unreasonable that nobody pulled out the "Big Book of FIFA Transfer Rules" to double check.

FFS people, it was a technicality and it happens. Feel sorry for the lad cos he had seen this as a good move - and so did we - he wants to play football and we need his skills. This was a good deal for everyone involved and its a disgrace that because there are so many shite over complicated rules in place in modern day football - this situation can arise.

Just pisses me off that he will now rot for the rest of the season in the background at Leeds. Can understand the rule (almost) but surely it should only apply to deals done outside the transfer window. ie if he agrees to a loan during a transfer window then it goes thru but no loan deal allowed if outside the window unless its a proven emergency loan!! :lol::wallbash:

+1

Are some of these reactions not a bit over the top? Red tape has stopped us from signing a player that barely anyone had ever heard of. We are not the first team that this has happened too and certainly won't be the last.

On top of this, the transfer window is open until the end of the month. No money has been spent on the Grella deal so I would assume that there is still the capacity to bring someone else in?

It was more of a red wall than red tape!

Its such an amateur mistake im amazed even Motherwell messed up on that.

How do you know we didn't pay a small fee for Grella's loan? it happens