Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

DARREN Randolph is set to sign for Motherwell on Thursday.

The Charlton keeper, who excelled towards the end of last season, will move to the Europa League qualifiers on a free transfer.

The Addicks will not be entitled to compensation for the 23-year-old because he is moving away from England.

Motherwell manager Craig Brown will install Randolph as his side’s number one once the deal is completed.

Nah, Klimpl can beat it. I bought a Slovakian flag and everything for the swine!

Good news about the goalie if it comes to pass.

Bad about Giles but I had resigned myself to it anyhoo. I think if he puts his mind to it he could be quite a player.

If Randy's quality, and when was Randy not, then we could be replacing almost like for like. Whilst I'd love to see Ruddy back, should we replace him with a keeper of quality, then nothing is lost. Just to get Lukas or something similar and as you were almost.

From STV...........

Hard sell. Craig Brown tells 'Well fans, no Reynolds sale-no new faces. Simples.

Motherwell boss Craig Brown says losing star player mark Reynolds would be a blow.

But the ‘Well boss is also enough of a realist to recognises that he has to offload the ever present defender, who has a year left on his contract, if any new faces are to be brought in ahead of Mothwerwell's Europa League qualifiers in just two weeks time.

“We would lose a terrific player but it would give us funds to strengthen the team, “ admitted Brown.

"Mark Reynolds deserves the best move he can get and the club is supportive of his move because it would benefit the club financially but also because it would benefit Mark and he has been such a good servant here".

And the former Scotland manager even has a preference for which club he’d like to see Reynolds join.

Rangers had abid for the player turned down in 2008. Newcastle United, MIddlesbrough, PSV and Nottingham Forest have all been linked with the defender, but as yet there have been no official enquiries for the player.

But ‘Well gaffer Brown says he hopes Forest manager Billy Davies makes him an offer he can’t refuse.

Brown said:"Billy and I are very friendly and he hasn't discussed Mark with me, " said brown about reports linking Reynolds witha switch to the City ground.

"I sent him a text message yesterday to see what was happening and whether he was interested. I think he gets back from his holiday tomorrow.

"It's just so I can say to the player that there is an interest in him. Mark deserves that, there is no finer guy.

"I think Nottingham would be excellent for him. I know their two centre-backs and I think he's at least as good or better than them, that's my considered and humble opinion. He would strengthen Nottingham Forest in my opinion but I'm not picking Billy's team for him as Billy would tell you.

"We are good friends and he knows what I think of Mark Reynolds and we have very seldom differed on the opinion of a player. We still agree on the quality of a football player."

Desperation by Brown?? Not a good sign that he has had to go public and probably means we as a club will accept peanuts for Reynolds. Whilst, we may well have promoted youth players into the 1st team squad, it would appear yet again that our squad (as in experienced pro's) is being down sized again, as there is no mention of replacing Coke or O'Brien.

Whilst, we all understand that finances are extremely tight in scotland, the constant down sizing, will only convince many fans not to renew season tickets or pay at the gate. Our attendances are edging downwards.

We could do with a boost going into the Europa games.

Desperation by Brown?? Not a good sign that he has had to go public and probably means we as a club will accept peanuts for Reynolds. Whilst, we may well have promoted youth players into the 1st team squad, it would appear yet again that our squad (as in experienced pro's) is being down sized again, as there is no mention of replacing Coke or O'Brien.

Whilst, we all understand that finances are extremely tight in scotland, the constant down sizing, will only convince many fans not to renew season tickets or pay at the gate. Our attendances are edging downwards.

We could do with a boost going into the Europa games.

Having watched the interview on STV and viewed the BBC one online, he doesn't come across as desperate as the quotes suggest.

WTF!?! What are you drinkin! One of, if not, our best players is a liability! Away and curl one!

Yep looked great in the last few games (what was it 16 goals conceded after the split). Not to mention numerous mistakes during the season (Rangers at home for example).

Yeah great player.

Looks like no more new faces then cos i can't see anyone paying money for Mark Reynolds cos the guys a liability.
If you read the report, Craig Brown doesn't actually say there will be no new faces if we don't sell Reynolds.

Yep looked great in the last few games (what was it 16 goals conceded after the split). Not to mention numerous mistakes during the season (Rangers at home for example).

Yeah great player.

But he still is the best defender we have and will have for a good few years.Is it just me or were there another 3 defenders at least in defence in the last few games aswell.Dont see you giving them abuse.And is a footballer not allowed to make a mistake?

What worries me is that if we appear to be scrimping and downsizing now, what happens if and when we do not finish in the top 6 and qualify for Europe. I sure as hell hope we have been budgeting for 10th and no European place, then anything extra is a bonus. We have had to spunk the best part of £500k on the pitch the last 2 seasons. If the same happens again then we either need to move or get a competent groundsman.

Hopefully we can get through at least 2 rounds in Europa and get a decent draw v glamour oppo. If that happens then we could be looking at up to £1m in extra revenue from home gates, telly money and UEFA. Worst case scenario is 5000 for 1st home game and no more. Still £70k+ more than if we were not in Europe from home crowd + £90k from Uefa.

Worries me that we have so far lost 4 of our best players from last season and not replaced them (officially) as yet.... we need a boost before we play Breidablik....

Come on Craigie Brown..........how about getting a few world cup players in on loan :lol:

I don't think we are as short or as bad as some people think. Regardless of the Europa League THE most important thing is SPL placings and domestic cup runs. We lost Ruddy but look like we will be signing Darren Randolph. Fraser looks like he is out of the door but we have signed Hollis as back up. O'Brien is gone and admittedly we need to replace him. It is now looking though like the club is looking to Humphrey to step up and take his place. Wasn't overly impressed last year but willing to give him a chance. Coke is gone but with a good few under 19s getting promoted to the first team I'm hoping at least one steps up to push for a regular place in the team.

Lasley, Jennings, Forbes, Hateley also in midfield with the potential of the latter and Saunders filling in at RB. Still have pretty reliable experienced players like Craigan and Hammell at the back.

Brown has said we will sign a striker. We still have decent forwards in Sutton and Murphy and I hope to see a wee bit more from McHugh this year. If Reynolds does go (and although I rate him I hope he does) we have the lad Hutchinson who, if stays clear of injury, has great potential......plus a bit of cash to reinvest in the squad in either securing our own players or putting to loan deals.

We could be in a far worse position i.e. this time last year or Killie right now.