Announcement Within The Next 48 Hours...

Onthefringes

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is there loads of pictures of stadia on this thread??

A read the article in the sun and it was them that mentioned the whole ravenscraig thing. No quotes and now we have a thread on "atmospheres", "arenas", "legoland". All pish threads that have sprouted up here time after time with no outcome.

Next time you all buy a sun, get a permy marker, and put big lines through all the bits that don't have quote marks around them. Then read it. Don't do it on page 4 though coz it'll seep through the tits of the wee skank on the back.

If anyone can enlighten me it'd be appreciated but as far as i'm aware we cannot sell Fir Park for housing!! Fir Park was Given to Motherwell over 100 yrs ago by the Duke of Hamilton to be used as a recreational area only (motherwell not owning the land outright)!! By law, which i presume hasn't changed the land is solely for recreation purposes!! Similar to what Cathkin Park is, Third Lanarks old ground (For which Tesco tried to buy the ground years back but ended up not buying due to not being able to build on it!!

i think if we move it will not be with any money from the sale of fir park!! And i doubt Boyle will wish to use his own money to build his 6000 seater dream shoe box!!

The club owns the ground. In theory, the ground could be used for any purpose subject to planning consent. In reality it would have to be rezoned for housing or employment purposes, probably the former, as land values would be considerably higher. Although retailing is where the real money is, consent may be harder to secure. The Local Plan will contain policies on this.

From the comments made by Derek Weir about John Boyle continuing to personally support the club to a massive extent and that this cant go on forever it looks to me that this guy is not being brought in to bring extra income into the club rather he is there to bring exra income in to replace what JB has being putting in.So if this guy being put on the board is a success the main beneficiary will be JB and not the club at least short term.Should be of benefit to club in that they wont have to rely on JBs or any ones else cash in the future but thats about it,dont really see this appointment meaning us being able to afford an extra couple of players being added to the squad, just an extra few quid staying in JBs pocket.

From the comments made by Derek Weir about John Boyle continuing to personally support the club to a massive extent and that this cant go on forever it looks to me that this guy is not being brought in to bring extra income into the club rather he is there to bring exra income in to replace what JB has being putting in.So if this guy being put on the board is a success the main beneficiary will be JB and not the club at least short term.Should be of benefit to club in that they wont have to rely on JBs or any ones else cash in the future but thats about it,dont really see this appointment meaning us being able to afford an extra couple of players being added to the squad, just an extra few quid staying in JBs pocket.

I think the main point is being self-sufficient. I'll take that :ph34r:

If you count the element of bankrolling that JB continues to support.

this doesn't appear in the accounts though, the last accounts show us paying him £142k on a loan that he gave us years ago.

he might be helping us out with cash flow from time to time but the accounts don't show that he's supporting the club from his own pocket.

this doesn't appear in the accounts though, the last accounts show us paying him £142k on a loan that he gave us years ago.

he might be helping us out with cash flow from time to time but the accounts don't show that he's supporting the club from his own pocket.

Derek Weir added: “As a fan, I regard the opportunity to work with the club as a privilege. As Directors we are only ever part of a longer story. Motherwell has played a very positive role in the history of the game and it is our role to ensure that continues.

It is not always obvious to the fans but John Boyle has personally supported the club to a massive extent and continues to do so. That cannot continue forever, nor should it. Our income must exceed our costs if we are to secure the club for the future.

Loans (visible), paying of certain wages (invisible) - other costs? who knows.

if we say that in a press release then I'm pretty sure there's some serious bailing out going on