Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

will be the truck load that sealed the deal for them to move.

I've no doubt that they were promised more to spend than they would have got at Motherwell (might not come to pass, I recall McGhee being promised the same) but that doesn't mean they'll have the £1million minimum that we'd be asking for Murphy. And even if their budget was £1million, they've a few areas needing strengthening...

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no doubt that they were promised more to spend than they would have got at Motherwell (might not come to pass, I recall McGhee being promised the same) but that doesn't mean they'll have the £1million minimum that we'd be asking for Murphy. And even if their budget was £1million, they've a few areas needing strengthening...

true. but whens murphys contract up?..

Aberdeen can't afford £50,000 for a player never mind a million. Remember not so long ago they couldn't go 20 grand for Jim O'Brien? Brown, yer a mug and welcome to the club that's tighter than a crab's arse at 50 fathoms.

see in the bbc website interview with brown...............

he mentions that he had to have a chat with a few players after lunch, then him and Archie would talk about it.....

my point is.....does anyone think it was "right lads, we've been offered the chance of this job.....we'd be interested in taking you there in 3 weeks, would u be interested?"

a few of them say yes, Brown goes back to the Sheep and says, look we've had a chat and we want these players in.......if you can provide, we'll come. If you cant, then we are better staying where we are

Milne, IMO, then said he would provide

Cynical? Possible?

see in the bbc website interview with brown...............

he mentions that he had to have a chat with a few players after lunch, then him and Archie would talk about it.....

my point is.....does anyone think it was "right lads, we've been offered the chance of this job.....we'd be interested in taking you there in 3 weeks, would u be interested?"

a few of them say yes, Brown goes back to the Sheep and says, look we've had a chat and we want these players in.......if you can provide, we'll come. If you cant, then we are better staying where we are

Milne, IMO, then said he would provide

Cynical? Possible?

no chance.

gow will hopefully follow him up there but i can't see anyone else heading north. blackman is a worry but he's settled here so i don't see why blackburn would send him elsewhere in the spl.

Craig Brown should recall that it was Motherwell who gave him a tremendous opportunity to become manager of a SPL team and take him out of obscurity. To do what he has done today proves he has little integrity and NO loyalty.

Craig Brown should recall that it was Motherwell who gave him a tremendous opportunity to become manager of a SPL team and take him out of obscurity. To do what he has done today proves he has little integrity and NO loyalty.

and is that not the same as Scott McDonald?? but whats important to them? Motherwell fans liking them? or more money in their sky rockets?

a few of them say yes

Let's hope so. And now that he's gone, they do a Broonie and "change their minds"... :thumbup:

It's a real shame they have left in this fashion. Really thought they were building something special, before calling it a day. Always thought VERY highly of broon. Gutted to see another management team head to Aberdeen, I don't know what the lure is there. After all there finances are just as tight as any other club in the SPL and they are in deep trouble. End of the day Im sure JB will pick another rabbit from the hat and we will have another good management team in place. Craig wasn't ever going to be a long term at the club anyhow so good luck to him - He is going to need it. I'm looking forward to the 18th of december now.

Trust Steelmen Online to go into panic mode because Brown & Knox are off to Aberdeen! :)

So he's going to "take" players with him, is he? This isn't a guy going from one office job to another, and nicking a load of Post-It notes and a stapler. How exactly is he going to achieve this mass raid of Fir Park?

The only three players he stands a chance of "taking" are Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick. Two of whom we would have accepted if they left anyway, and one of whom has barely played this season.

Murphy? Reynolds? Aye, very good. Has the appointment of Craigie Two Face at Pittodrie coincidentally coincided with a discovery by the Aberdeen Board of hidden treasure of the coast of the North Sea? Aberdeen cannot afford either Murphy or Reynolds, and I doubt very highly if either - given they both undoubtedly harbour ambitions of playing in England or for the Old Firm - would be interested.

Aberdeen will sign David McNamee and Alan Gow, and will open talks with Blackburn in a bid to get Blackman on loan for the rest of the season. It's hardly the end of the world, and yet some posts on here would have you believe that Brown & Knox going to Aberdeen is going to result in the utter decimation of our playing squad.

The only three players he stands a chance of "taking" are Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick. Two of whom we would have accepted if they left anyway, and one of whom has barely played this season.

How and why would we accept Blackman leaving :)

I can only imagine that Stuart Milne in order to tempt Brown has promised him a wad of cash in January. Say what you want about Aberdeen finances, but Milne is loaded and probably sick of the abuse coming his way in Aberdeen.

As for players leaving us for Aberdeen, I am sure that will happen, but not to the extent that it has me worrying. I certainly hope we retain Blackman and hope that for him Aberdeen is waaayy too far north to consider. I wonder if they will offer Reynolds a pre contract.....

Players tend to be closer to other players than Managers anyway.

I haven't read the statetment on the Official Site yet (unable to load it) but I'm not concerned at Brown and Knox leaving. A gentlemans agreement was always a peculiar way of doing things and who knows what the details actually were. Without knowing the full facts of that I won't criticise either club or manager for the parting of the ways. What I am very disappointed in however is Craig Brown's public comments. He always appeared to be an avuncular figure - a lovable old gentleman but I was never fooled by that exterior - he's a shrewd operator. He has let the fans and the club down badly with his recent interviews and I'm sure the club isn't too happy about it either. To say what he did (praising the club & fans) prompting the club to put a message on the Official Site and then do a complete U turn is a very poor show. He'll leave us with a bitter taste in the mouth.

All that said, he is 70 years old and was only ever going to be a short term stop gap to steady the ship. That being the case, presumably the club has been preparing for this day. If it hasn't then serious questions do need to be asked. I'm fairly sure though that the club will handle matters well.

I really can't believe the way Brown has acted through all of this. I genuinely thought, like many, that he wasn't the type to walk away at the offer of another job. Sadly, it seems I completely misjudged his motives for getting back into football and he's really given MFC a boot in the stones.

I hope his behaviour comes back to bite him in the arse. I never like seeing any team relegated but I could certainly make an exception for Aberdeen now. Their conduct has been woeful. An absolute arsehole of a club and if there's any justice, Brown will only have about 10 bob to spend in Jan.

Well done MFC on putting out a strong statement condemning the behaviour of all involved.

I hope his behaviour comes back to bite him in the arse. I never like seeing any team relegated but I could certainly make an exception for Aberdeen now. Their conduct has been woeful. An absolute arsehole of a club and if there's any justice, Brown will only have about 10 bob to spend in Jan.

Well done MFC on putting out a strong statement condemning the behaviour of all involved.

Totally agree i have lost all respect for the two of them, but onwards and upwards, i would not be surprised to see McGhee and Leitch back :) but no doubt we will be linked with all the usual out of work suspects.

I hope it all goes horribly wrong for the two faced auld B*st*rd up there, we can get it right up them by winning up there next week. Mon the well