Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick

postiejim

Keep Fitzpatrick, as many have said before me, for the role he has i.e. useful squad player, we aint going to get much better for much cheaper.

meechan, innes, halsman and carswell are all cheaper and deserve a chance to see if they can be better. it could also be gow's wage + fitzy's wage = 2 good players.

i remember butcher giving shaun fagan a new contract in 06 and the same patter getting banded about why we should keep him. he barely kicked a ball for us and since he's left he's flopped at clyde, galway and east fife.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Blackman goes we have to give Casagolda a chance to see what he can do before his one year deal runs out. He could be the dogs baws or he could be just baws but unless he gets a chance we will never know. I for one would hate if he leaves in the summer for nothing without being given a chance then moves elsewhere & turns out to be the goal machine some people think he is.

Hugh Keevins reporting that Blackman on way to Aberdeen. What can you say to that?

If He does go it will be a certainty that he will score a couple against us when we play them up there in a few weeks, thats the way our luck goes. Wonder what the pre match odds on him as first goal scorer are, Jenno will know :rolleyes:

Hugh Keevins reporting that Blackman on way to Aberdeen. What can you say to that?

Really is the most disliked "journalist" aint he? Seems to report any story which is negative towards us with glee. Git.

Really is the most disliked "journalist" aint he? Seems to report any story which is negative towards us with glee. Git.

Indeed. Only saving grace he is wrong more often than he is right. If he doesn't come back here I'd rather he went to the Championship just to sicken Broon.

Keevins is a whinging little :wank: who will make up stories to suit himself, but if it is true why worry the goal machine that is Casagolda will do the Business :rolleyes:

I dont know where all the negative comments about sutton are coming from. Hes an excellent player for us, one of the few that offers a bit of muscle in our team as well as 110% effort.

110% Effort??? Are we talking about the same player? He never seems interested in chasing a ball down if it requires a bit of effort IMO

110% Effort??? Are we talking about the same player? He never seems interested in chasing a ball down if it requires a bit of effort IMO

To be fair to him against Hamilton when he came off the bench he was by far our best player, at least he looked like he cared

The whole Keevens thing, was this not the man who said we gave Ian McCall a job then we gave it to Gannon

For some reason he hates Motherwell maybe when he was younger he was turned down on nights out by a few guys and it's scarred him for life

I trust McCall will assess all the players he has available and make his own judgement on who he wants and who he doesn't. My hope is that he puts his own mark on the team be it players out/in, different players getting starts or new formations.

I'd get rid of Gow, Fizzy and Blackman - all replaceable.

I honestly believe that every club in the Premiership has at least one potential young striker available for loan, of a similar or better standard to Blackman. Players that we've never seen or heard about.

You just need the right contacts to find them and hopefully Mr McCall has them.

Someone told me (can't remember who) that he heard Walter Smith state that he would help McCall any way he could in his new managerial role. Would rather any loan deals came from England but could see one or two coming from Ibrox in the next year or so.

Yeah I think we are! The one that plays for motherwell? As someone posted hes a bit slow but I'd still disagree the above. Even then how many kicks and shoves will he take and balls he wins from the front? And his scoring record is 1 in 3, what crap striker, at any level has that sort of record? (And dont play the kris boyd card, haha!)