Personally I think this is a good idea. It gives those who want it, an opportunity to buy some memorabilia and the club a chance to raise some income. Many fans, including myself have banged on about the need for MFC to increase turnover. Any new income helps to improve the quality/quantity of players in our squad, keep gate prices/season tickets at a "reasonable level", or simply help out with the club's running costs.
I suspect that the income raised from this venture will be pretty modest but what harm can it do? I don't understand anyone who is opposed to it, although they are entitled to their view. I would be dead set against it if fans were being forced to attend but we're not. If anyone doesn't like the idea or is offended by it then they have the option of not going along.
Perhaps those who are opposed to it could come up with a better idea to raise cash?