Jump to content

fizoxy

Legends
  • Posts

    3,547
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    39

Everything posted by fizoxy

  1. We all love giving players stick, and part of it is sucking it up when they get one over on us. Tearing out seats isn’t the correct response. The last thing I want to see is the sterile atmosphere you get in the USA in sports like baseball where any hint of showboating is vilified. Antagonists like Imrie keep the game interesting. If players want to act like dicks or dance like twats, that’s fine by me, makes it sweeter in the occasions we win.
  2. Sounds like it could be a controversial one, nothing like signing a player that splits opinion.
  3. That chip against hibs is in here, pretty sure he did it to them twice. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. I’m going to go with Frear because of the difference he made to our whole game, and taking into consideration he has been out of the team for large spells. He didn’t stop all game and also contributed defensively. It certainly sounds like the manager is looking to change the tactical approach (he talked about two wingers in a 442 or 433) so Frear has a chance to really kick on. Aldred is up there for player of the season so far, and I think someone needs to have an excellent second half of the season to overtake him.
  5. Haven’t heard anything seems like a stretch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. If we’re going to sign a left back I’d rather it was someone with a bit more experience, otherwise I’d prefer we got livingstone up to speed over developing someone else’s player.
  7. The interesting thing about us having players make cameos on the match commentary is you get to hear how much they rate certain players. One common thread this season has been how much the team appreciates the work of Rose and McHugh. Rose seems like a great guy, and after yesterday I think we can all agree that he’s a model pro too. He was far from being the complete player, but we rarely get that luxury. I think he’ll do well in a league that isn’t as quick as ours.
  8. Performance was way better than recent displays, not to say that it was great, with us limiting Accies to counter attacks. The defense walked the second half, giving them nothing, and I thought Campbell had one of his better games of late. We kept the ball on the deck and tried to play (didn’t always come off, but was way more effective than the hoof ball). Frear was brilliant for the whole game, really put a shift in and gave us that width we’ve been craving. His corners actually looked like troubling their defense. The challenge on Tait was a bad one, and watching the stream it looked like he got snapped, he must just be really flexible [emoji1] God knows what happened to ATS but maybe he isn’t built for football. Sammon and Johnson worked hard enough, but neither were able to generate a shot between them. They not did a good job of taking the ball in and holding it up and feeding the wide men though. Tom Aldred has been nothing but solid and consistent since we signed him, I love him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. “See that Connor Sammon, he just cost you your big move son, hashtag workrate” Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Accies looking quicker and more direct up front, and Hartley is having a hard time. Thought we played some better stuff and have tried to keep it on the deck more, without creating much, but we could do with frear being more direct and taking on the man earlier. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Imagine if we won AND Sammon scored? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. You can’t? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Really liked bowman, but like most of us was surprised when he hung around last season after Robbo clearly didn’t fancy him, but he put in the work and made a great pairing with moult, and was a decent partner to main for a portion of last season. Great work rate, and will be remembered for being part of some great moments, and I wish him all the best, but one of the worst attacking headers of the ball I’ve seen, along with main. Also, Sammon is nowhere near as bad as folk on here make out. He’s not good either, just not the abomination of a striker he’s described as. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Really don’t see that for multiple reasons, would love to be proved wrong, but I think this will be the thing I’m right about today. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. This game gives me the fear. Assuming that none of the injured guys are back (which they shouldn’t be), I could see us going with: Gillespie Tait Aldred maguire ATS Grimshaw Campbell Turnbull frear Sammon johnson My worry is that with Tait’s performance as a makeshift center back we’ll shoehorn him into a back 3, put ATS and grimshaw on the wings, and add gorrin to the middle. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. If the commentators would just cut out the ref stuff they’d be fine. You’re going to get claret and amber tinted version of events, but it’s the constant “c’mon ref” nonsense that puts me off. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Anyone have any ideas of out of favor players in Scotland we could possibly be interested in? I’m guessing the kind of moves we’ll be making will be for guys that are being moved on to free up a wage, which means we’re probably going to see players who haven’t been playing regularly. The other possibility would be a loan or two, which seems more likely to me, which would come with the same issue. I’d be very surprised if we pulled off a Marvin Johnson type deal, I.e. bringing in a player on a modest fee. There’s also the obligatory comeback chat, but I think in this case there’s more chance of getting hammel and las to lace up their boots again than bringing someone back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Game plan went out the window after ten minutes, which you can’t really legislate for. It would have been interesting to see how the change of set up would have played out. I thought Tait did really well as a makeshift center back, especially against the nous of Boyd and an in form Greg Stewart. Grimshaw also provided a few Cadden-esque out balls. Gorrin improved a little in the second half, but I don’t see him getting regular starts, he’s way off the pace. We kept them down to shots from distance, but couldn’t really create anything ourselves. Aldred has a decent chance from a corner, and when things are going for you Bigi’s volley finds someone at the back post. Main and Johnson getting themselves booked for off the ball stuff / dissent is just idiotic. That was the last thing we needed. Don’t know what sort of team we’ll put out on Saturday, I’d assume maguire and Aldred in the middle, unless Hartley can come back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Three freak injuries and main looks out of sorts after his head knock. Real shame considering we had tried to set up differently and that was all thrown out of the window ten minutes in. Then they score from a cross. You couldn’t make it up. It’s going to be a hard second half. If we come out feeling sorry for ourselves we’ll get humped. If we come out and get in their faces and press them like they’ve been pressing us, we might also get humped but at least it will be better to watch. Someone needs to give Gorrin a slap to wake him up, he looks lost. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Turnbull is out sick, so the midfield kind of picks itself. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Looks like we have a 4-4-2, with Tait back on the right, and I assume Campbell in right mid. Or it’s a 4-3-3. Either way it seems to tick the boxes for what most of us were crying out for (no 3-5-2, tait on the right, some width up front). Will be interesting. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. Turnbull out with a virus. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. In Robinson’s interview today he said we’re a good bit down the line with a couple of signings, highlighting that we need pace and width, so it will be interesting to see what central midfielder we sign [emoji1] Also said that a couple will probably go out. I wonder if we will see some more of the reserves move out on loan for the second half of the season too.
  24. Mbulu / Aldred / Dunne seems to be a decent combination, as per the post above I think the pace either side makes the difference. I think Hartley probably fits in the middle of the back 3 when he plays, as he looks suspect on the sides. McHugh is going to be in the lineup every week, and where most of us feel he is best suited at the back, his midfield performances have been good of late. Ideally I’d like to see Tait back on the right, which means ATS on the left, but he did con that penalty out of the ref the last time we played killie, so maybe he can do is a turn. We’d probably need Livingstone on the bench for when ATS gets injured though. In the middle, Turnbull and McHugh is a given, leaving the last spot to grimshaw, Campbell or Gorrin. Id just have Campbell in there and back him to turn it around. If we’re going to be shite i want to at least have the max number of players I like on the pitch. Up front will probably be main and Johnson, because they happen to be the least worst of our options. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...