Inverness Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

gdalli10

Massively disappointing this. Not just losing, but losing to a main rival for a Top Six place. Not doing much for the goal difference either.

Shite.

the key to this game was scoring first. They scored, and then resorted to their usual everyone behind ball, and counter attack. As we chase the game we are more than likely to lose one or two more. Was always going to be a hard game irrespective of Inverness' recent form. Looking at results this is a bad day at office again. No doubt the doom and gloom posters will be along shortly.......... Just need to get into the top six the hard way.

Christ sake,

He's got an eye for a player, everyone he's brought in has above average pass marks (well before today).

He managed a win over the OF, something none of the past few have managed.

Out of his 14-15 games there is today, Rangers and Dundee Utd. as particularly poor, Killie we were dominant and should have had a win, St. Mirren and St. Johnstone should have been a point each from what I saw and understand. Aberdeen and Celtic were great results.

He won't be going anywhere when we still have 27 months of compensation to pay if we get rid of him.

Today's shocking performance along with the other results not going our way (Killie 2-0 up at Tynecastle) and all the talk of consistency during the week looks like its fell on deaf ears.

Christ sake,

He's got an eye for a player, everyone he's brought in has above average pass marks (well before today).

Out of his 14-15 games there is today, Rangers and Dundee Utd. as particularly poor, Killie we were dominant and should have had a win, St. Mirren and St. Johnstone should have been a point each from what I saw and understand. Aberdeen and Celtic were great results.

He won't be going anywhere when we still have 27 months of compensation to pay if we get rid of him.

Today's shocking performance along with the other results not going our way (Killie 2-0 up at Tynecastle) and all the talk of consistency during the week looks like its fell on deaf ears.

Ain't that right.

Sutton for MOTM :whistling: Win aginst Celtic was down to them being very very poor, we have found our level simples.

Creit where credit's due. We played very well last week and deserved our win.

From the sounds of it we've not managed to play anywhere near as well today. We tend to be much better when a team comes at us and lets us counter. Today, we're playing at team that we knew would try and get in front, then soak up pressure and hit us on the counter. They've done that.

Our main weakness in my opinion is that we run out of ideas when teams shut up shop. We just don't seem to be able to find a way through.

Inverness are as good a side as us,. Thats the bottom line. Outwith the old firm any team bar Hamilton can beat anyone on their day. It only takes one or two of our key players not to perform and we struggle. Their is no magic wand to make players consistantly good. If they were consistant they would not be at our club. They scored an early peach of a goal, we chased game, got caught again and again. The only thing consistant, was that todays result is just typical Motherwell, and has been for as long as i remember. Up and Down. Does not take away the frustrations or disappointment, but things could be worse, we could be in Accies position. Hopefully, the players have been saving themselves for the cup game.

see hibs got an equaliser, why helps a little.

Crap drive back down the A9 for many with a 9pm arrival back in the shire, a Saturday to put behind you very quickly.

Best tactics to play us: Put most of your players behind the ball and as Fat Tony points out, we have no ideas, inventiveness, edge or ability.

I feel like we are being sussed out tactically too easily and when you look at it, it's almost unsurprising, given the way we play that it was Celtic we beat and St Mirren and Inverness who have beaten us.

I haven't seen us enough this season, but from the St Mirren and Celtic games in particular, we like possession but lack creativity. Against Celtic our possession led to a win because they didnt sit back, so our lack of creativity didnt matter because we were given space to create. St Mirren and Inverness have just left us to it, soaked it up, and picked us off easily.

Solution? Don't ask me!

Christ sake,

An eye for what players, can guarantee he never saw Gunning before he signed ,and Jones and Jeffers have done nothing and will do nothing of note .And you dont get points for what you should have or could have done .And yes it was great to beat Celtic last week but that result is sandwiched between our two worst results of the season i.m.o 0-1 to st mirren and 3-0 to inverness today. Rant over .Most wont agree but that's my opinion for what its worth.

Well another absolutely pitiful result to add to St.Mirren, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, Rangers at Ibrox under McCall. I said it before last week's superb, enjoyable but in all honesty crack papering win over Celtic that McCall is not the man for this job and I stand by that.

Oh aye, and I wonder if those Motherwell supporters who like to cheer Richie Foran when he plays against us are happy tonight seeing as he's scored against us?...

Shite day all round.

As I said before the Celtic game, I'm quite happy to sacrifice consistency in exchange for some big results (Old Firm, Scottish Cup etc).

It appears you can't have both at our level.

Don't agree with that Lobey. Consistency it has to be, how many times do we beat the OF?

Well another absolutely pitiful result to add to St.Mirren, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, Rangers at Ibrox under McCall. I said it before last week's superb, enjoyable but in all honesty crack papering win over Celtic that McCall is not the man for this job and I stand by that.

Oh aye, and I wonder if those Motherwell supporters who like to cheer Richie Foran when he plays against us are happy tonight seeing as he's scored against us?...

Shite day all round.

Well said mate.

Creit where credit's due. We played very well last week and deserved our win.

From the sounds of it we've not managed to play anywhere near as well today. We tend to be much better when a team comes at us and lets us counter. Today, we're playing at team that we knew would try and get in front, then soak up pressure and hit us on the counter. They've done that.

Our main weakness in my opinion is that we run out of ideas when teams shut up shop. We just don't seem to be able to find a way through.

Comeon did we really win the game cos we were magnificent or because Celtic failed to turn up? I enjoyed the win as much as anyone else but lets not get carried away. Sutton had 1 good game out of how many? hes found his level and i want to aspire to more than that. Blackman for one shows we CAN GET BETTER ok down to the manager so time for McCall to prove his worth though im undecided on him at the moment. But we have to want better surely, when our strikers are so impotent against teams around them.

McCall is not the man for this job and I stand by that.

I don't think it's right to make that sort of judgement at this stage. He's had 2 months in the job and was thrown in during the January transfer window. Jones has looked promising when playing, just unfortunately has been injured lately. Jeffers has shown some good flashes of being a player and should be given a chance to see what he can do. McCall's made some good tactical moves in some of our games (Aberdeen, Celtic) and unfortunately got it wrong in others. He's also had to contend with the player simply not turning up in a few games as well (St Mirren) and seeing us do everything right bar the right bounce to stick the ball in the net (Killie).

It's still early days, he's got a small squad with a lot of young players so it's going to be a bit touch and go at times, at least until he gets a chance to strengthen in the summer.

As for the Foran comment, that's just ridiculous. A lot of Motherwell supporters are fond of Foran as he was an honest (mostly) hard-working player who wore his heart on his sleeve and often speaks well of his time at Motherwell (including in today's pre-match on the BBC). That doesn't mean they want him to do well to the detriment of Motherwell and to suggest so is just utter tosh.

Not the best today, but McCall can't be blamed; the players were honking.

Oh and we have some right tards in our support.

So who motivates the players?

Easy for them to get motivated against OF but lacking sorely in other matches, jury still out on McCall but i will give him time not a lot but i will as previous managers have had a good start so he deserves it, but highly sceptical.

So who motivates the players?

Easy for them to get motivated against OF but lacking sorely in other matches, jury still out on McCall but i will give him time not a lot but i will as previous managers have had a good start so he deserves it, but highly sceptical.

Were you there? How do you know they weren't motivated? Serious question. They can be pumped up to fuck but it won't make a difference. Caley outplayed us today.

Comeon did we really win the game cos we were magnificent or because Celtic failed to turn up? I enjoyed the win as much as anyone else but lets not get carried away. Sutton had 1 good game out of how many? hes found his level and i want to aspire to more than that. Blackman for one shows we CAN GET BETTER ok down to the manager so time for McCall to prove his worth though im undecided on him at the moment. But we have to want better surely, when our strikers are so impotent against teams around them.

A bit of both to be honest. Celtic played poorly, which gave us the chance but it was our players who took it. Look at Sutton's goalscoring record over the past few seasons. How many clubs would be begging for a player who can consistently hit double figures in the SPL year in year out? I'm not saying he's destined for bigger and better things but used correctly, John Sutton is an excellent asset. One of the strongest parts of his game is to win the ball and hold it up for others. You can't really blame him for the lack of support around him!

As for Blackman. Granted he performed well for a few months but was also anonymous for most of December and has hardly kicked a ball while at Aberdeen. Is that the higher level you're talking about? Jutkiewicz, fair enough but we have to accept that we are Motherwell FC and are not going to get players of that level every season.

A bit of both to be honest. Celtic played poorly, which gave us the chance but it was our players who took it. Look at Sutton's goalscoring record over the past few seasons. How many clubs would be begging for a player who can consistently hit double figures in the SPL year in year out? I'm not saying he's destined for bigger and better things but used correctly, John Sutton is an excellent asset. One of the strongest parts of his game is to win the ball and hold it up for others. You can't really blame him for the lack of support around him!

As for Blackman. Granted he performed well for a few months but was also anonymous for most of December and has hardly kicked a ball while at Aberdeen. Is that the higher level you're talking about? Jutkiewicz, fair enough but we have to accept that we are Motherwell FC and are not going to get players of that level every season.

Very low double figures so lets not sensationalise.

So who is clamouring for Sutton's signature lets not forget his last 3 were frees?