Inverness Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

gdalli10

Blackman is the perfect example of what we can achieve when there's no sentiment in football. Thank you Chris but we can do better when money(wages) are freed up. You will always be a legend but time to move on.Just my view however unpopular

:whistling:

maybes a freudian slip there gilmour

Well that was a waste of time and money, don't know where to start with that today there were so many things just not right.

Hard to argue with the starting line up although with hindsight (isn't it wonderful) we maybe should have started with Humphrey and Murphy wide as we looked to be more effective when we changed to this.

Having said that when we played with a narrow formation they played wide and were better than us, when we played wide they went through the middle and were better than us. Our players looked like a bunch of strangers playing together for the first time.

ICT just like St Mirren were hungrier for the points and it showed we were out fought all over the pitch.

330 mile round trip and little change from £100 for that shite today, I want my money back.

Oh and there are some fucking trumpets in our away support I had to move three times to get away from them.

Were you there? How do you know they weren't motivated? Serious question. They can be pumped up to fuck but it won't make a difference. Caley outplayed us today.

Caley in no way outplayed us today. Their first goal was a touch of class, numbers 2+3 were HORRENDOUS defending and our back line were so shaky in the second half it really should have been 5-0. We had the majority of the ball but did fuck all with it.

McCall can take credit for his tactical decisions in the Celtic win + the cup semi performance, but he can take a hammering here cause he made a rip roaring c**t of it today. Wrong team completely, no width at all, no pace and constant high balls to Jeffers + Sutton. Caleys strengths are their power and organisation and we played right into their hands today. Humph ripped their left back apart in the last game up here, he should have started today. If we played with Murph and Humph wide and used their pace and Jeffers movement to stretch Caley we could have won today, we allowed Caleys slow,plundering defenders the easiest game of their season cause we did nothing but lump high balls to our strikers and fuck all else. Today was Hateleys worst game in a Well shirt I felt, he was fucking awful. Jeffers looked lost, Sutts got molested by Tokeley for 90 mins and our defence, for the 2nd half at least, looked like a pub team defence. We had a great chance to all but book our top 6 place today, we made an arse of it and really need to have a look in the mirror as our season could be over after the next 2 games if we (players + especially manager) dont buck our ideas up

• Like 1

Well that was a waste of time and money, don't know where to start with that today there were so many things just not right.

Hard to argue with the starting line up although with hindsight (isn't it wonderful) we maybe should have started with Humphrey and Murphy wide as we looked to be more effective when we changed to this.

Having said that when we played with a narrow formation they played wide and were better than us, when we played wide they went through the middle and were better than us. Our players looked like a bunch of strangers playing together for the first time.

ICT just like St Mirren were hungrier for the points and it showed we were out fought all over the pitch.

330 mile round trip and little change from £100 for that shite today, I want my money back.

Oh and there are some fucking trumpets in our away support I had to move three times to get away from them.

had to laugh at the guy (no idea who it was,just heard the voice) who shouted "your pish" at Murphy? cause he failed to control a knee high pass,turn + beat his man in 1 swift movement. Some truly shite pater going on.

Not sure about Caley outfighting us, they didnt need to fight at all. We tried to play Arsenal style football,they sat in formation so we passed the ball across + across,then lost it the second we tried to play it forward cause we had nothing

I reckon that result today is curtains for our top six chances - especially when looking at the next fixtures we have until the split :wallbash:

You may be right, but perversely we perhaps should be more worried were our remaining games against ICT, St Mirren, Hamilton etc

At least we are playing teams that should have a go which seems to suit us.

Today was a major disappointment and whilst we have no right to expect us to win, I think we are all entitled to wonder why we did not appear to be up for the fight once again. Jury out on McCall but he sould be putting a firework up some backsides. Fans can accept when a team gives their all and lose, but not the cack served up today and against St Mirren.

As for the comment regarding Foran. What the F#ck......... I am/was a big fan of his, but to suggest we should look at him at all differently, all because he was doing his job for the team that pays his wages is quite frankly ludicrous - that is putting it politely :nod:

Is anyone really that surprised that we lost today? The writing was on the cards after how we played so well at Hampden then got humped at Ibrox. Played well at the sheep then got beat by St Mirren. Played well against Celtic then humped by ICT. Don't think anyone should be surprised really. And why is it when we lose it's always something nil? Apart from penalties & set pieces have we scored any goals recently from open play? I don't count Suttons first against Celtic coz that was just laughable defending that 9 times out of 10 the defender would have easily cleared. As one of the only people who had actually seen Jeffers play recently i said he wasn't the answer & so it's proved. I don't know what the answer is but it seems McCall doesn't know that answer either difference is he gets paid to find solutions to what is a glaringly obvious we simply have no one that can score a goal from open play.

Wasn't there but young teams are inconsistent so not a huge surprise. Unless we can bring in some good experienced pros then things aren't going to change a great deal.

Second point, it shouldn't really be down to the manager to motivate the team. Players should be self motivated and I think we have too many players at the club at the moment who are not mentally strong enough to do that.

Again it may be related to the inexperience of our team with so many young players.

I don't blame McCall for keeping with the side that beat Celtic but hopefully Craigan returns for the next match. He is still the best defender at the club.

• Like 1

Wasn't there but young teams are inconsistent so not a huge surprise. Unless we can bring in some good experienced pros then things aren't going to change a great deal.

Second point, it shouldn't really be down to the manager to motivate the team. Players should be self motivated and I think we have too many players at the club at the moment who are not mentally strong enough to do that.

Again it may be related to the inexperience of our team with so many young players.

I don't blame McCall for keeping with the side that beat Celtic but hopefully Craigan returns for the next match. He is still the best defender at the club.

On the first point, Craigan, Lasley, Hammell, Jennings, Jeffers, Sutton are all players with years of experience between them and that is more than half the team. On the second, It is the managers job to motivate the team. It is probably the managers main, most important job. If the manager does not have responsibility for motivating the team what does he do? Craig Brown had a successful first half to the season with the same bunch of players minus Gow, who most thought was rubbish, Reynolds and Blackman.

Wasn`t there today either, opted for the Newcastle-Everton game, mightily glad a did!

Why the fuck are we so inconsistant?! :wallbash:

Great opportunity to get a bit of breathing space in the top half, n much like the St Mirren game, we balls it up.

Wheather its the tactics, team selection or the players just not performing, the blame is on everyone.

Feel for the fans who travelled up.

However, bring on Utd!!

The game was partly lost off the pitch were Stuart McCall got it badly wrong and on the pitch where we played very poorly. We were set up to counteract a free flowing and expansive ICTside. The problem became apparent very on...they weren't going to play that way.

Their physical robust style didn't suit us and they were quite prepared to sit back, close us down and hit fast on the break. We had loads of possession but it was mostly in our half and comprised back passes and passes across the pitch with absolutely no penetration. Changes should have been made after 30 minutes when it was quite plain that our game plan was totally inappropriate. Forbes and Hately should have made way for Humphrey and Saunders. I lost of count of the number of times that Jamie Murphy ran with the ball across the pitch not up and down it. Jamie looks burnt out and would benefit from a 3/4 week rest. Ross Forbes is not suited to playing this kind of game, where he isn't given time or space.

The first goal was always going to be crucial, and despite what the BBC may have said, it was dreadful defending that gave them it. No cover whatsoever in the left of our penalty box.

Second half was worse than the first with all 3 full backs and the midfield having a complete nightmare. In Keith Lasley's defence he was playing out of position. All too often our only attacking option comprised long aerial balls to Ross Tokely who dominatd John Sutton by a variety of means, not all of which were legal.

Once again we proved that we haven't a clue to play against sides who defend in depth like St Mirren, Hamilton and ICT.

A waste of time and money today but roll on Tanandice.

Well that was a load of crap. Do the players actually review the matches? As there appears to be no learning and implementing a Plan B.

As soon as the BBC described the ICT midfield as "congested" I could have made for the exit knowing that the current Motherwell team have not got the nous to defeat opponents using this tactic.

Well that was a load of crap. Do the players actually review the matches? As there appears to be no learning and implementing a Plan B.

As soon as the BBC described the ICT midfield as "congested" I could have made for the exit knowing that the current Motherwell team have not got the nous to defeat opponents using this tactic.

It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen, our players seemed to be moving as a group dare I say it like sheep being herded by a dog.

For me Caley seemed to just want the result more.

We did lots of pretty passing across the middle of the park in nice wee triangles with the apex being towards our goal and then when we tried to go forward we had nothing.

What is worrying isn't the defeats themselves ,Motherwell don't have any right to be beating Inverness or StMirren ,but its the manner of them. 90 mins and hardly a decent attempt on goal seems to becoming the rule rather than the exception in a lot of our games. A lots been made about our striking problems but the problem isn't so much missing chances its surly down to our inability to create goalscoring opportunities. The games in which we have played well recently Killie ,Aberdeen and Celtic were open games these teams didn't get everyone behind the ball and hit on the break they played football and in doing so allowed us to play. But with Hamilton ,St Mirren and to a certain extent Inverness yesterday it was more of a cautious approach getting men behind the ball stopping us playing and were clueless in that type of scenario ,totally devoid of ideas or a plan B.