Inverness Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

gdalli10

Which is why I'll always be against a 10 team SPL.

From what I heard & read Jeffers was pretty much annonymous against Inverness. I hope this isn't him returning to form dry.gif

Why single out Jeffers? He was no worse nor better than most others in the team? :evilgrin:

If we can afford to play some decent stuff then when are we going to start playing it?

Played some decent stuff in a good few games. We have been inconsistent but in 15 games now I'd say we've played decent or better in 7 games. Dundee in the cup, Hibs win, cup semi loss, one nil loss to killie were decent but lost, wins over Aberdeen and Accies albeit took foot of gas against Accies and again against Celtic easily the outstanding performance.

Granted you could say we've been worse in the remaining 8 games but there still includes in amongst that progressing in the cup to Stranraer, and picking up points against Inverness and Accies.

Now clearly if that is what we get over the next season or two you could argue that we'd be at best mediocre but seeing as he's taken over a small squad in difficult circumstances I don't see why the guy doesn't earn a break at least until a good couple of months into next season.

I'm as sceptical as the next person about his managerial credentials but so far he's done alright and if we win on sunday then this season is more than just a qualified success regardless of remaining fixtures where no doubt we'll be probably frustrating inconsistent.

I just wish people would get a grip and get out and support the team, call me happy clappy if you like I'm far from it but we're not in the relegation mire and their no evidence yet that McCall is a numpty. The phrophets of doom may well be proven right in the long run and lets face it the odds are in their favour given how skint we appear to be but you'd think we'd plummeted like a stone the way some people go on!

As soon as the players stop taking pelters for one misplaced pass.

This is a kind of chicken and egg comment? What comes first? The pelters or the misplaced pass?

Football fans are the same up and down the country. The more misplaced passes the more pelters. Give a crowd something to be positive about and they will be positive.

This is a kind of chicken and egg comment? What comes first? The pelters or the misplaced pass?

Football fans are the same up and down the country. The more misplaced passes the more pelters. Give a crowd something to be positive about and they will be positive.

In this country anyway. Might just be the games/grounds I have been at but I have found the fans in the EPL, Championship, and League 1 a lot more forgiving than those who follow teams in the SPL.

If you're Ross Forbes it is the pelters.

Give a player some encouragement and he might do something positive.♠

I agree up to a point, but if you look at all the negativity around this place when we started the year with a decent wee run in Europe (playing to our seeding) are sitting in the top 6, and heading to a SC Quarter at the weekend, then I think it's easy to show we are less tolerant than many other team's fans. There were people calling for McCall to get the boot before he even sat in the manager's chair.

In the 40 years or so I have been watching this shower, this is definitely one of our more sucessful seasons.

Our defending on Saturday was atrocious. I'm willing to give them that as an off day because we normally are OK at the back. But again the blatant failing is our inability to have a cutting edge. We spent 80% of the game on Saturday passing the ball sideways. Lasley and Jennings are our ball winners but their ability at being creative is limited. As Inverness missed out the midfield time and time again on Saturday they were wasted jerseys. Billy Dodds said on Sunday night Motherwell are best when playing a pressing game - Aye fair enough Billy but its hard to play a pressing game when the other team have no desire to hold the ball.

We need an ability to create more and until that happens every game is a toil.