Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

Really poor performance disguised by an early set piece goal. No ball retention whatsoever. Give any team enough of the ball and they'll find a way through. Really obvious how much we miss Jennings when he's not there. United deserve to be in the lead frankly and unless we change something they'll get the win here. Still when you're playing two full backs in midfield, you're giving yourself problems there right away...

Honestly that is a pile of bullshit mate.

What a day, what an atmosphere, just a shame we couldn't hold out for the win. Tremendous stuff. Goodwillie took more abuse than I think I've ever seen any footballer take.

Bottom line is that DDee Ut have a decent squad with strong physique and are IMHO a fair bit better than us right now.

What will make the difference is that all our players need to bring their A game. That means NO fannying about around our box by Hately for example, or Murphy playing as he is capable of and Sutton playing like he did against Celtic and not on other numerous occasions.

If we let them bully us on and off the ball, it will be a long afternoon.

If the Celtic Motherwell turn up, the least we will get is a draw. If the ICT or St Mirren Motherwell turn up then it will be a comfortable afternoon for the home side.

I will go for 2-2 and 8 clubs in the semi final draw on Monday :evilgrin:

Show Off! dry.gif

some game, just on the bus home and pretty happy with it in the most part. when I saw the lineup I was thinking we were looking far too defensive, with 6 defenders starting but hamnell and gunning were great going forward and work well together. Lasley and Jeffers similar. Thought hately and Murphy on the other side were poor though. In the end some slack stuff let them back in despite us having loads of decent chances.

Hopefully we can pump them at fir park but doubt the replay can match today, that second goal was beautiful!

Probably sound like a broken record but the ref was howling today and those c***s played him especially swanson and goodwillie (who took the masses of abuse pretty well, deserved it though). Kenneth would have had a field day. Peter Houston is a total wank though, every time I see him I'm reminded. The guys a class 1 baldy twat.

Yes a cracking game and good to see a Motherwell team with fire in their bellies. Jeffers best game by far in a Motherwell shirt and several other top performers including Sutton.Lasley and Randolph. But no real failures and just a wee shade dissapointed we switched off after our 2nd goal but hey musn't grumble. Roll on the replay whenever it is. :cheers:

happy wae that the day.thought we played well the build up to the second goal was amazing.jeffers lookd really good.hopefull we can progress,jennings will b back for replay,which will give us bit more dig in the middle.am away fir a beer.:drinks:

Cracking good cup tie. Draw probably fair result. They have better players than us but this was more like 'Well teams of years gone past that despite being up against better players, pulled as a team and hassled, harried and chased and denied better players time and space to play knocking them off their stride.

Can't really understand the complaints about the ref. I thought he handled the game really well - managed to recognise the cheats in the Utd team and dealt with them straight off. Only complaint, why did he or his linesman fail to spot the a foul against Gunning when he was clearly tripped in the build-up to their first goal?