Faddy

Stef

Celtic AGM today.

Lawell having dig at other half of OF ( whats new there ??) and big scoop in the Rancid about Scottish internationist signing for the Bhoys and Lawell saying they will do everything to weed out the Pro IRA faction in their support. ( Aye right.)

Oops he now says it's only the away support and it doesn't happen at the Tattiebowl which means they can't do anything about it.

Any publicity is good publicity to them.

Even Lennon only said he wants Faddy to go to Lennoxtown and see how he gets on. Big differnce from signing for his boyhood Heroes.

Mon the Dossers.

Cruciate injuries and a couple of bouts of surgery are a fuckin hoot. For a footballer I'd say that's pretty pish.

Pish yes... hell no. A kick in the baws is also pish, many things are but I just feel the phrase "hell and back" is a bit ridiculous in the context of a footballer with an injury.

Pish yes... hell no. A kick in the baws is also pish, many things are but I just feel the phrase "hell and back" is a bit ridiculous in the context of a footballer with an injury.

Fuck sake - so in a very short career a year out and a couple of career saving operations when your contract is out for renewal is described by someone as hell and back for a footballer. of course there are worse things in life but it's hardly something to take exception to.

In context I dont think it was an OTT statement - if the guy has genuinely thought that his career could be in doubt (which it still is)

In context I dont think it was an OTT statement - if the guy has genuinely thought that his career could be in doubt (which it still is)

Pretty much everything bottom feeding agents say is OTT, and this was no exception.

• Like 1

I know his dad is a massive Celtic fan, and would love his boy to play for the club, but I think the story is a piece of Celtic propaganda.

Celtic have been woeful this season and still lie in third place, despite spending millions over the last two seasons. To sign a proven international, with iconic status in Scotland, on a free transfer, just as things are getting really difficult for Lennon is a perfect piece of PR spin for Celtic.

If he does sign it will be until the end of the season and he'll be off again!

No really because the Celtic fans I've heard from think he isnae that good and don't want him, so if it was a PR exercise it hasn't worked.

Would be pretty gutted if Faddy signed for either of the Ugly Sisters. It's not often you see a genuine Scottish talent that has not been tainted by at least one of the Old Firm and all the pish that comes with playing with them. I think that's why most Scotland fans hold him in such high esteem and if he were to go to Celtic he would be become just another player who ended up towing the Old Firm line.

Don't lower yourself to their level James, you can do better.

Couldn't care less about Faddy no matter what he does in his career, he reached nowhere near legendary status at Fir Park because he wasn't here long enough. The people on here that wank about him are quite embarrassing at times especially the guy that said he couldn't go to Motherwell vs Celtic games if he was playing. Grow a set of balls and support Motherwell and not McFadden.

• Like 1

Moyes is interested in re-signing the Scotland international McFadden, who is a free agent after the end of an injury-plagued spell at Birmingham City, but admits his prospects are receding as the midfielder considers a move to Celtic. "We have been talking to James and the people behind him for the last few weeks," he said. "It could happen but I would say it's probably going against that now."

So he's had offers from Birmingham, Wolves, Everton & Celtic. So the Celtic one definitely isn't the only one on the table. He always seemed the ambitious type so I'm very suprised he's thinking of rejecting two Premiership teams to return to the SPL.

I don't think the old scum green would make him an automatic choice for the first team he would spent most of the time on the bench and selling tops to the masses

I'm not saying for a minute that he'll go there and be an automatic 1st pick, but he has more chance of regular 1st team selection at Parkhead than he does down south.

personally I'd rather see him down south.

Everton fans not too impressed. Can't really blame them, seem to get into the team, then be injured, and never really showed what he could do. Although he did score one of the best goals of the season - which featured as SkySports advert the following season...

Everton fans not too impressed. Can't really blame them, seem to get into the team, then be injured, and never really showed what he could do. Although he did score one of the best goals of the season - which featured as SkySports advert the following season...

Everton fan that I know, said he'd be delighted to have him back, one of the most talented players they have had in the past 20 years he reckons.

Provided he fit he shown a degree of versatility and arguably solid work ethic un time at Birmingham. With ability to do something a little special from time to time. Decent player for everton to have around.

Just hope injuriies are behind him and he can show his best and get back in Scotland set up.

It's unusual for a player with his type of injuries to ever reach the same level again. However, he does have the advantage that he never had to rely on speed for his success, so if he stays clear of more problems, I don't see why he couldn't do a job for a team like Everton.

Having watched them yesterday, they are crying out for a player with a bit of craft and imagination.