Cillian Sheradin

Grievesie

What's this fascination with irish boys from celtic? May as well put in a bid for mcgeady and o'dea - makes me sick.

O'brien and sheridan - Its 2 too many for my liking.

That's a fucking disgrace tbh

EDIT: Just saw it was a piss take lol

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest with ourselves here, the guy might not be good enough to start regularly for the tic, but we're a small squad with few resources to buy in class players, so in my eyes three decent strikers and a "might be good" are better than three decents strikers and no-c**t else. As a replacement for Porter I think he'll be ok. I mean if a Derby fan asked me what I thought of Ports I would've said "he looks shit, can't run, can't jump and has no control or decent first touch, but he still bangs the goals in for us and thats all that counts".

So what, according to some nugget Jungle Jims he might look pants, but if he does a turn for us who gives a shit what they think?! I hope he silences the handfull of dickhead biggots that go to Fir Park 'cause their giro can't get them into Ibrox.

And anyone else think the Kraut boys gonny think "WHAT THE F..." when the wellboys start chanting "SS Hooligans!"?

I think he could do us a turn. Not sure if this has been posted cause i've not read all the pages but he's scored 5 goals in 6 games for celtic, so he's got a no bad scoring record.

Hope he does give us his best.

Liked that rocco quinn too, would have liked him and if we got caddis on loan that would have been a great deal, he looks like he's gonna be a player.

Sheridan always seems a willing runner and hard worker.

I think his problem is the fact he is so gangly looking that he seems a bit awkward on the ball and when he's running. Really good to have as cover at least.

That's exactly how I see Clarkson and Murphy when they run. Both look awkward and uncomfortable but it's part of their game that they use really well.

Mon the Cillian!

>>> McGhee confirms Sheridan capture

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has exclusively told setanta.com the main reason for signing Irish striker Cillian Sheridan from Celtic on loan until the end of the season.

McGhee was able to fund the move by using wages freed up from the transfer of Chris Porter and reckons Sheridan is the perfect addition to his squad.

"We think he [sheridan] is a player who has the potential to replace Chris Porter," McGhee told setanta.com. "He is similar in a lot of his attributes and we obviously hope he does well.

"We feel as if we're on our way up the table as we were unbeaten in January and we drew three games that we feel we could just as easily have won.

"Maybe with another few percent and a little bit of a change with Sheridan coming might be the thing for us to find that extra couple of percent.

"He doesn't give us an extra dimension to our strike-force as we are bringing him in because he fits the way we want to play.

"Rather than the system fitting the player, it's about the player fitting the system and that makes it a lot easier for us."

"He doesn't give us an extra dimension to our strike-force as we are bringing him in because he fits the way we want to play. "
And there is a good answer to people who ask "Why don't we rush out and sign up player X on loan when everybody else is doing it?" It's not just about the player, it's about whether they can play in our system.

Lets be honest with ourselves here, the guy might not be good enough to start regularly for the tic, but we're a small squad with few resources to buy in class players, so in my eyes three decent strikers and a "might be good" are better than three decents strikers and no-c**t else. As a replacement for Porter I think he'll be ok. I mean if a Derby fan asked me what I thought of Ports I would've said "he looks shit, can't run, can't jump and has no control or decent first touch, but he still bangs the goals in for us and thats all that counts".

So what, according to some nugget Jungle Jims he might look pants, but if he does a turn for us who gives a shit what they think?! I hope he silences the handfull of dickhead biggots that go to Fir Park 'cause their giro can't get them into Ibrox.

And anyone else think the Kraut boys gonny think "WHAT THE F..." when the wellboys start chanting "SS Hooligans!"?

:lol: WTF pal.

:huh: WTF pal.

There sem to be a few in the well crowd every week who think its ok to shout sectarian abuse, sometimes even directed towards our own players. And I know of people who don't support Motherwell but can't afford to go to Ibrox or Parkhead, so bring their idiocy to Fir Park instead.

And the SS? Never do World War II at school? :lol:

Will be interested to see what he brings to the team. Can't say I am overjoyed at the signing but he will get a chance to prove me wrong.

Hopefully last night will provide a wee boost for Sutton and he will return to the goalscoring form of his early weeks at FP.

Celtic 2-1 Dundee

Celtic: Boruc, Caddis, Loovens, McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Scott Brown, Crosas (Robson 64), McGeady, Vennegoor of Hesselink (Samaras 70), McDonald.

Subs Not Used: Mark Brown, Caldwell, Mizuno.

Booked: Scott Brown.

Goals: Scott Brown 37, McGeady 44.

Dundee: Douglas, Paton, Lauchlan, McKeown, Malone, Shinnie (Antoine-Curier 78), Cowan (Benedictus 90), Posniak (McHale 68), O'Brien, Daquin, McMenamin.

Subs Not Used: Roy, Williams.

Goal: McMenamin 14.

An Irish internationlist and one of the stars of the German U-19 team? Would you prefer we signed someone from the Locos tonight?

Exactly!!

These signings are exactly what we needed. A Striker and a Left sided player. Both with a bit of pedigree to add to our team (CS-Played and Scored for the champions/ROI, SA-Very highly rated player of German U-19 team that reached a UEFA final!!).

People REALLY need to get a grip. These guys are young and will be despearate to do a job, their current situation means if they do well we might even get them.

Decent aquisitions for us, clearly.

Does anyone know if Sheriden is cup tied?

That will be No then. Good, he can do a job for us in League and Scottish

Only if Septic allow him to be cup-tied... Can't do a job in the league against them either, when his presence against the statue like defence could make the difference. Big Sutty, BANG! should be match fit by then.

Station Sound = SS

Keep your suggestions coming...

Shit Stabbers?