We Are Going To Finish 3rd This Season

pingu

Ok if you are that confident go and stick 50quid on it take a pic of the slip and post it up, then at end of season you will have major bragging rights and a fuckload of cash.

No way we will finish third

We are currently 10/1 with Bet365. If I had money to spare, I'd stick it on, but I don't.

• 4 months later...

without the old firm

1. motherwell played 14 points 33

2. st johnstone played 15 points 22

3. dundee united 14 points 21

4.. st mirren played 15 points 20

5 = kilmarnock played 14 points 18

5 = aberdeen played 14 points 18

5 = hearts played 15 points 18

8 = dunfermline played 15 points 15

8 = inverness played 15 points 15

10 hibs played 13 points 13

It's probability that takes care of that. No jinxes required.

We know that in all probability our good away run must come to an end at some point. BUT the good news is, that same probability would suggest that our poor home form must come to en end at some point. Let's hope there is a good long overlap !!

This is soooooooooooooo scary how well we have done and what a great position we are in. if the team can hold it together through the end of December we will be in a position no one could have predicted at the start of the season.

However I think that I would pick hearts as being the most likely challenger for

3rd place but with all their troubles they hae gone by the wayside by the end of December, especially if they don't beat us.

if we can win tomorrow it should be a great day since, this weekend, there are 2 games that will benefit us regardless of how they end

St Johnstone V Celtic

Kilmarnock V Dundee Utd.

Then next week if we can get a result at Tynecastle another couple of benefical fixtures

St Mirren V Rangers

Celtic v Kilmarnock

Then Dec 28th we play Dunfermline with 3 more beneficial fixtures.

Celtic v rangers

St Johnstone V Kilmarnock

ST Mirren V Dundee Utd. dec 28th

• 3 weeks later...

We have four home games this month, one of them a cup tie, and two away games (one of which we've lost already).

If we are serious about finishing third (or fourth even) we need to start winning at home. A minimum of seven points from our games should be the target.

We'll see how it pans out but as I said after the Hearts game. The teams we have lost to in the league thus far this season sit in 1st place, 2nd place, 4th place and 5th place. No lower than that.

Not the time for panic just yet I think.

• Like 1

We'll see how it pans out but as I said after the Hearts game. The teams we have lost to in the league thus far this season sit in 1st place, 2nd place, 4th place and 5th place. No lower than that.

Not the time for panic just yet I think.

Exactly. Still plenty football to be played. At the start of the season I thought we might struggle to get top six. I think I predicted a 7th placed finish. The fact we are clear in third place in January......tremendous.

I think we will finish somewhere between 3rd and 6th. Probably like many. Whilst 5th or 6th would be a healthy enough return, I think the season so far has left many with the idea that anything less than European football next season would be a disappointment. I kind of agree with this......although you could say chickens were being counted and we have all got a wee bit carried away on occasion.

Still plenty time and if I had to put a large sum of money on a finishing place now I'd say fourth.......and that's still European fitba!