Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

We'll Get humped. Apologes for my pesimism but we will. Last time we won at Parkhead was 1-0 against a weaker Celtic squad than what they have and with the strongest team we've ever had since I could remember.

4-1 Celtic. #CraiganOG to make a return aswell as Murphy having a stinker and higdon scoring a late, fluke, consolation goal..

Just the way I can see it panning out.

Either that, or We'll win by one or draw in an exciting 0-0 draw.

So your prediction is that we'll either win, lose or draw?

i like those odds.

and the celtic team we beat in 2008 won the league, beat milan and made it to the last 16 of the champions league where they led twice against barca. definitely better than the current jokers.

i like those odds.

and the celtic team we beat in 2008 won the league, beat milan and made it to the last 16 of the champions league where they led twice against barca. definitely better than the current jokers.

Not to mention we had 10 men for alot of the game (was 0-0 at the time if my memory is not playing tricks)....

As for the game, 2-1 us! Higdon and Law. Hooper (if he is still here - if not Samaras)

Not to mention we had 10 men for alot of the game (was 0-0 at the time if my memory is not playing tricks)....

As for the game, 2-1 us! Higdon and Law. Hooper (if he is still here - if not Samaras)

We scored in the 38th minute, I think and Malcolm was sent of in the 55th...... I think.

i like those odds.

you forgot to mention MJC said we had no chance of winning and would probably get humiliated, so all being well he'll be along and predict the same.

Given the fact the Celtic stewards are killjoys bastards, is it maybe wise for the singing lads and perhaps even MFC to contact Celtic beforehand, let them know about the drum and the atmosphere at the last few away games? Surely the club will help where possible, especially given McCall drawing attention to how good the drum is.

Would be a real kick in the baws for it to be confiscated and 'lost' by some jobsworth.

Given the fact the Celtic stewards are killjoys bastards, is it maybe wise for the singing lads and perhaps even MFC to contact Celtic beforehand, let them know about the drum and the atmosphere at the last few away games? Surely the club will help where possible, especially given McCall drawing attention to how good the drum is.

Would be a real kick in the baws for it to be confiscated and 'lost' by some jobsworth.

To be fair Motherwell have been really good and brought up at the pre-op's meetings so far this season that we will be bringing a drum, flags etc. and most clubs have been OK with it. Lets hope Celtic are much the same but it's more the stewards inside the ground who will prove to be the problem. As someone mentioned before a lot of the guys boycott Celtic Park due to people being thrown out and arrested for next to nothing in the past so I think some of the singers will be waiting to hear the results from the pre-op's meeting before making a decision about going.

If only we were foreign and could take numbers like this to Celtic Park:

The yellow coats didnt ask them to sit down or refuse their banners for whatever reason :rolleyes:

We'll Get humped. Apologes for my pesimism but we will. Last time we won at Parkhead was 1-0 against a weaker Celtic squad than what they have and with the strongest team we've ever had since I could remember.

4-1 Celtic. #CraiganOG to make a return aswell as Murphy having a stinker and higdon scoring a late, fluke, consolation goal..

Just the way I can see it panning out.

Either that, or We'll win by one or draw in an exciting 0-0 draw.

Jesus wept, you never cease to amaze me. :doh:

Why should we change anything, keep it the same, we are second in the SPL, let them adapt to us. Confidence will get us through this one, and if it doesnt ah well Next! Looking at the teams this season thus far, i have not seen any team which will dominate for 90 Mins, Motherwell great shout for top 3 spot!

Defending against them isn't really an option. The only question such tactics raise is how long it'll take them to score.

I'd rather we played our usualy game, which of course means keeping it tight at the back as well, but our strength lies in our attack and midfield this season, which works perfectly as their defence is terrible.

We should play our usual game and try to take something from the match. If we lose, then at least we gave it a bash.

Points against the Old Firm, especially on their own patch, are always a bonus rather than to be expected.

Parkhead

115 x 75yrds

Fir Park

110 x 75yrds

Al B must have googled it and got Parhead dimensions in metres which puts it at 105 x 68m

Apparently we lost a few yards at Fir Park with all the work that was done on the pitch last year (at least that is what one of the commentators said). Of course, ultimately, it also depends on where you paint the lines. I remember Souness bringing them in a few yards at Ibrox when Rangers played a Euro tie against a team with good wingers.