Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Anything out these fixtures are a bonus.

Exactly.

Any realistic 'Well fan will know that we're unlikely to take anything, and would more than likely appreciate a positive performance, even if it results in a loss.

If we go at them I think we'll maybe manage to scrape a draw. If we try and defend we'll get thumped 3-0 or so.

Even if, as we all fear, we come away with 0 points today we are currently sitting with a GD of +4. If we come away with anything but a + in front of our GD today I think that is when I'll be pretty gutted. We have done pretty well at the back this season and I'd hate to see all the good work undone within 90 minutes.

Defensive today..... Wingers will be ditched, pack the midfield, clearly going for the draw....
Leading to players having to change their style of play and making errors which inevitably will cost us. We have started the season well playing attacking football its not as if we're facing good players like Messi and Co. !

If that is the case I fully agree with that. Clancy to RB and Hately i to midfield with Jenno + Las, with Murphy on the right and Law on the left and Higdon on his own. This nearly worked for us in the semi last year against Rangers at Hampden (all be it with a few differnt players) and is the way forward for us against the fources of darkness in Glasgow IMO.

Leading to players having to change their style of play and making errors which inevitably will cost us. We have started the season well playing attacking football its not as if we're facing good players like Messi and Co. !

Bang on mate! cant see the point of trying to hold out, (If its not broke dont fix it) Hope i am wrong.

Why does McCall even bother giving the players shorts to wear against the Old Firm? Just tell them to go out bend over and take what they get!!

Negative side packing the midfield and hoping for the best!! Why would you want to go and pay to watch this!! These 2 teams are slightly better than us so go out with an attacking team and show them no respect and tear the fuck into them!!