Big Hutchie

DEWELL

The defence looked solid enough against Dunfermline with Clancy fitting in well ,we've no old firm games on the horizon so i think we will be ok against the diddy teams. Big problem is if we get an other injury ,I'm i right in thinking were allowed to make an emergency loan signing if injuries limit our squad.

How did Clancy shape up in the air Jim? He's wouldn't be the biggest central defender in the world.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere.

Well ace Hutch facing weeks out of action

• 3210519736.JPG
  • Shaun injury a blow to Well

Bert Mitchell

Share blank.gif13 Sep 2011

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall has revealed that the club's outstanding young stopper Shaun Hutchinson could be out for over a month with ankle ligament damage.

The 20-year-old was subbed after 29 minutes of Saturday's 4-0 defeat by Celtic at Parkhead after twisting the joint.

Although a scan has revealed there was no fracture to the bone, the level of bruising sustained means Hutchinson will not be available for the Steelemen for some time to come.

McCall said: "We will not know exactly how long he will be on the sidelines until the bruising has gone down and that could be the middle of the week.

"Obviously it is a major blow for us. Shaun has been superb for the club and his partnership with Stephen Craigan has been a big part in how well we have started the season.

"But having seen the mess Shaun's ankle was in after he took his boot off, I knew it was going to be a bad one and really it remains to be seen just how bad it will be."

After suffering the blow of witnessing their young defender ruled out of action indefinitely, there was at least some positive news for Well fans with the announcement that Jamaican winger Omar Daley, 30, has complete his move to Fir Park.

As he looked forward to Saturday's visit of St Johnstone, McCall vowed that there is no way the 4-0 humbling at the hands of the Hoops will be allowed to undermine his men.

The Fir Park gaffer said: "I think you have to hold your hands up and just admit how good the opposition were on occasion. The Celtic game was one of these occasions.

"I had a chat with Neil Lennon after the game and he said that was the best his side had played this season and I couldn't argue with that."

McCall added: "The quality of their goals was top class yet despite that at 2-0 down, we'd had eight corners and we were pressing for the next goal – then Ki steps up and smashes one home from 30 yards, not for the first time against us.

"But we know how tough it is against the Old Firm sides at their place. So what you have to do is adopt a mindset that copes with that.

"We have already shown ourselves capable of that by bouncing back from the defeat at the hands of Rangers and we will do so again after this defeat by Celtic.

"We have played seven SPL games this season and lost two to Rangers and Celtic. But outside of them we have won four games and drawn one and that is very positive. Particularly when you consider we have won at Dunfermline, St Mirren and drawn at Kilmarnock.

"So we will move on and our focus is already on playing St Johnstone on Saturday.

"If you look at where we are in the table then it has still been a good start for us and we want to finish the first quarter as strongly as we can."

http://www.eveningti...tion-1.1123395?

It might just be me being a bitter, paranoid well fan but from the highlightds on sunday night did it look a bit like stokes left the boot in? I remember thinking that when watching the tv highlights but its not showing it on the online highlights.

Real shame for Hutchie, doesnt seem to be getting much luck in the injury dept - just hope theres some silver lining from this.