If Carlsberg Did Football Fans...

David

Seems to me people are more annoyed at their own inability to express themselves, than annoyed with those around them who can. (Even if their opinion is a load of negative shite). A sort of impotence issues if you will.

Like has been said eddie - no problem either side of the hig divide in expressing of opinions where I was sitting.

It's gonna end ugly.

Stop trying to make a point that isn't there

Just got home from the Aberdeen game, and have to say that I'm seriously getting sick & tired with the moaning-faced c*nts that sit in the east stand.

I've heard the much-used "greatest fans in the world" slogan that Celtic fans like to throw around when talking about themselves, but I'm really starting to wonder if we should be branding certain sections of our support as the exact opposite.

In fact, the use of the word support perhaps shouldn't apply to these people. If we look up the term in the dictionary it reads as follows;

Now, entry number five is what should apply at Motherwell games, but going by recent reactions to the likes of Tim Clancy, Chris Humphrey, Stephen Craigan & Michael Higdon I think the last thing these people can call themselves is supporters.

It's no secret that the last few games haven't been our best. The above-mentioned players haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders (especially Higdon & Craigan). This is where the paying punter in the crowd comes into his own, right? When the players aren't on top of their game we step in and offer support (there's that word again) and encouragement to get them back on track?

Do we f*ck. If a player has the sheer audacity to play a couple of stinkers we get right on their cases.

Take today, for example. The ball gets played to Higdon after 4 minutes and he chests it down, turns and misplaces a pass. Uproar from the "fans" in the middle of the east stand.

The tone was set for the rest of the match right there & then.

It also appears that the team have the sheer cheek to retain possession when we have the ball. If there isn't a pass on going forward they do the unthinkable and play the ball backwards, looking to reset and move forward again.

A fucking disgrace!

Get it lumped forward so we can all moan like fuck when Higdon either doesn't jump for it or mis-controls it after taking it down!

One incident at around the 75th minute summed things up for me when Hately played the ball down the flank looking for Daley, only for the pass to get intercepted. The middle section of the east rose and fired the kind of abuse that should be reserved for a near-side throw in by Kyle Lafferty or Scott Brown.

Hately turned to the crowd with a look on his face like "what the fuck?!? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting us?!?!"

If it wasn't for the boys up the far end of the stand I think the team would be hard pressed to get any support from the east.

If this is how we react when we're sitting 3rd in the table, four points clear of Hearts and two behind Celtic I'd hate to see us if we were fighting relegation.

Fucking disgraceful.

Absolutely spot on mate.

I would be first to accept Higdon is not setting the heather on fire but the abuse he gets is unbelievable. The number of times he flicks the ball on and knocks it back only to find there is no team mate trying to get on the end of it is unreal. The guy isnt that mobile but he does give a physical presence that SHOULD allow others to get into the game. Looks like he is the new Mark Fitzpatrick!

We are third on the league and we know we can play much better surely thats a good thing?

Unfortunatley it is a part of football, no matter if you are East Stirling or Barcelona, fans will find something or someone to moan about and abuse. Some of the shouts heard today were fucking ridiculous, to be sitting 3rd in the table and off to one of the best starts to a season for a long time you think we would be happy and appreciative of our current position compared to other clubs in the SPL who have a significantly larger budget and squad than ours. No not us, fucking embarrasing.

How many folk shouting the abuse do you think would say it right to his face? Absolutely none.

He's a big chap. Shitebags.

I couldn't go today but I usually sit on the half way line in the East, right amongst the moaning fuckers. It really isn't a new phenomenon.

I came on to have a wee look at what the performance was like, you'd think we got leathered by seven with old Paw Broon scoring an overhead kick from the centre circle in the last minute the way everyone is going on.

• Like 1

How many folk shouting the abuse do you think would say it right to his face? Absolutely none.

He's a big chap. Shitebags.

I couldn't go today but I usually sit on the half way line in the East, right amongst the moaning fuckers. It really isn't a new phenomenon.

I came on to have a wee look at what the performance was like, you'd think we got leathered by seven with old Paw Broon scoring an overhead kick from the centre circle in the last minute the way everyone is going on.

It isnt just the middle sections of the East stand, there are retards all along the full length of that stand, had words with a couple of zoomers sitting in front of me on Tuesday night in the 2nd last section towards the South stand and then moved up to the last section at the Cooper end in the 2nd half and listened to similar vitriol from those around me there as well. The Cooper is the same and the Main Stand also....we've got a load of clueless mongs in our support but I'd bet that every Club in Scotland will have their fair share as well. The problem we have is that the East is so close to the pitch that the players will hear what is being shouted, we should be using that to our advantage by getting behind our players and hurling as much abuse at the OPPOSITION players as we can.

I'll freely admit I was loudly abusing McCall today (not the players) because I believe he got it wrong today. Wrong team selection, wrong substitutions (in terms of who was taken off) and the fact that a brilliant individual goal (from a guy who should have started) got us the three points doesn't change that opinion.

Generally (but not always) I leave the players alone in terms of abuse. Because generally they give 100% of their ability. If I think the manager has picked the wrong players, it's not the players' fault.

But before slating anyone who shouts abuse at the football as "lesser supporters", bear in mind that to be motivated enough to moan, you have to care. A lot of abuse is born of frustration. These people do care about the team. Even if they exoress it differently than you choose to..

• Like 1

Just got home from the Aberdeen game, and have to say that I'm seriously getting sick & tired with the moaning-faced c*nts that sit in the east stand.

I've heard the much-used "greatest fans in the world" slogan that Celtic fans like to throw around when talking about themselves, but I'm really starting to wonder if we should be branding certain sections of our support as the exact opposite.

In fact, the use of the word support perhaps shouldn't apply to these people. If we look up the term in the dictionary it reads as follows;

Now, entry number five is what should apply at Motherwell games, but going by recent reactions to the likes of Tim Clancy, Chris Humphrey, Stephen Craigan & Michael Higdon I think the last thing these people can call themselves is supporters.

It's no secret that the last few games haven't been our best. The above-mentioned players haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders (especially Higdon & Craigan). This is where the paying punter in the crowd comes into his own, right? When the players aren't on top of their game we step in and offer support (there's that word again) and encouragement to get them back on track?

Do we f*ck. If a player has the sheer audacity to play a couple of stinkers we get right on their cases.

Take today, for example. The ball gets played to Higdon after 4 minutes and he chests it down, turns and misplaces a pass. Uproar from the "fans" in the middle of the east stand.

The tone was set for the rest of the match right there & then.

It also appears that the team have the sheer cheek to retain possession when we have the ball. If there isn't a pass on going forward they do the unthinkable and play the ball backwards, looking to reset and move forward again.

A fucking disgrace!

Get it lumped forward so we can all moan like fuck when Higdon either doesn't jump for it or mis-controls it after taking it down!

One incident at around the 75th minute summed things up for me when Hately played the ball down the flank looking for Daley, only for the pass to get intercepted. The middle section of the east rose and fired the kind of abuse that should be reserved for a near-side throw in by Kyle Lafferty or Scott Brown.

Hately turned to the crowd with a look on his face like "what the fuck?!? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting us?!?!"

If it wasn't for the boys up the far end of the stand I think the team would be hard pressed to get any support from the east.

If this is how we react when we're sitting 3rd in the table, four points clear of Hearts and two behind Celtic I'd hate to see us if we were fighting relegation.

Fucking disgraceful.

Hear, hear...

We all know its furstrating being 'Well fans, but some of the knickerwetting and abuse that was going on around Fir park today was obscene.

I don't think I've enjoyed a single home match yet this campaign because of this kind of nonsence. The away games I've been at have all been great... Shame that.

Never ever seen a player improve their performance by shouting how sh*** they are at them. We really need to get behind the team, not on top of them.

The manager is fair game, but I'm fairly sure ours has broad shoulders!

The boos were because Jamie was being subbed as they did stop as he was 3/4 of the way to the sideline, then clapped off.

So far I have yet to see Higdon do much at all.

Every week the defenders often smaller than him just bully him until he starts fouling them, then he seems to give up, Anyone else noticed the amount a moaning he does to the rest of the team.

The thing which really does my heid in , is the fact Murphy is moved about because of Higdon is the main striker and he is taking up a place in the starting eleven. I think the front pairing of Murphy & McHugh would be a good strike force.