If Carlsberg Did Football Fans...

David

at any level of football there are players and managers who believe that they never do anything wrong. look at mr levein with the 4-6-0 or own manager after the cup final, some people have zero self awareness.

If that's what they believe, then they'll already have been booed enough times in their career without it having made any difference, so hearing a few more isn't going to change their minds.

what did the malpas out 'campaign' achieve? let me see.... 3rd place, great football, 3 euro qualifications and a cup final. if the fans had been happy clappy for malpas we'd probably be the 1st division just now. part of being a fan is giving the club a boot in the arse when standards slip.

Thank fuck the club didnae take any notice of the TomTom Out campaign then! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

it makes it pretty clear to the player in question that his performance isn't up to scratch. at any level of football there are players and managers who believe that they never do anything wrong. look at mr levein with the 4-6-0 or own manager after the cup final, some people have zero self awareness.

it also hopefully speeds the situation to the 'ship up or ship out stage' significantly shortening the doing the same thing over and over expecting different results stage. thumbs up for shaun fagan didn't work out well did it?

what did the malpas out 'campaign' achieve? let me see.... 3rd place, great football, 3 euro qualifications and a cup final. if the fans had been happy clappy for malpas we'd probably be the 1st division just now. part of being a fan is giving the club a boot in the arse when standards slip.

Aye but right now we are 3rd in the league!What do the boo boys actually want ?thank fuck we are not in the sheeps position!

Aye but right now we are 3rd in the league!What do the boo boys actually want ?thank fuck we are not in the sheeps position!

a competent centre forward who is of an acceptable level of fitness for a professional footballer. i thought that was quite obvious.

if we had a striker like sutton, blackman, jutkiewicz, clarkson, porter or mcdonald this season we'd would be in our strongest position in years. nicky law should have been the signing that made us a well rounded team, instead our problem area has shifted from midfield to up front.

a competent centre forward who is of an acceptable level of fitness for a professional footballer. i thought that was quite obvious.

if we had a striker like sutton, blackman, jutkiewicz, clarkson, porter or mcdonald this season we'd would be in our strongest position in years. nicky law should have been the signing that made us a well rounded team, instead our problem area has shifted from midfield to up front.

I can remember all the strikers you named all getting abuse at the start of their Well careers so nothing much has changed then.

many of our *problems* up front are coming from our midfield, I'd agree we'd be in marginally better off with those you mention, but I'd argue we be far better off if we had a midfielders like O'Brien, McFadden, McCormack to choose from

but hey we're a tiny club in a diddy league and we don't have any money to fund these types of players year in year out.

there are problems* on the field and of the field but bad mouthing Higdon doesn't help any of them

*used in context and if the full knowledge that we're third in the league after ten games :popcorn:

a competent centre forward

10 games, 4 goals, 2 assists. Good enough for me.

who is of an acceptable level of fitness for a professional footballer.

What's wrong with his fitness? Are you one of these people who think he's fat? He's slow not unfit, there's a difference.

i thought that was quite obvious.

The only thing obvious is your lack of football knowledge. We are third in the SPL after our best start in who knows how long and Higdon has played a big part in that. Shut up and enjoy it and stop fucking moaning at our top goalscorer. :doh:

• Like 5

There were plenty of posters on here moaning about Porter and Jutkiewicz after their first couple of months' performances. Porter, in particular, was taking stick for being slow and Jutkiewicz for his lack of touch.

Sutton took plenty of stick throughout is 'Well career too.

If Wullie P was in his prime playing for us now, I swear the same eejits would be booing him for not contesting the long balls through the air.

10 games, 4 goals, 2 assists. Good enough for me.

What's wrong with his fitness? Are you one of these people who think he's fat? He's slow not unfit, there's a difference.

The only thing obvious is your lack of football knowledge. We are third in the SPL after our best start in who knows how long and Higdon has played a big part in that. Shut up and enjoy it and stop fucking moaning at our top goalscorer. :doh:

he is fat. maybe not for your average punter in the pub but in the context of a professional athlete he is fat.

the picture means nothing, shoulders back, breath in. anyone can do it.

what the fuck do you know about my football knowledge? you were on here last midweek calling him a brilliant player then come saturday we'd have been better with douglas bader up front. not the standard definition of a great player.

and hopefully you mind a great deal but i won't be shutting up. two years ago i had people telling me i was wrong about gannon, last year it was gow that was the player so good 'you can't see his contribution to the team'. i'm fairly certain i'll make it a hat trick of falling on the right side of the debate here.

There were plenty of posters on here moaning about Porter and Jutkiewicz after their first couple of months' performances. Porter, in particular, was taking stick for being slow and Jutkiewicz for his lack of touch.

Sutton took plenty of stick throughout is 'Well career too.

If Wullie P was in his prime playing for us now, I swear the same eejits would be booing him for not contesting the long balls through the air.

the juke was unfit when he came up but improved gradually and was in very good form 6 weeks into his fir park career.

i thought porter was excellent on his debut and the stick he took was unfair but he showed his class and had everyone onside when we beat hibs 4-2 and drew 1-1 with rangers almost exactly 4 years ago.

sutton is a better comparison and i don't think he really started giving 100% until gannon challenged him but even at that the situation was different. during sutton's first season we had clarkson, porter and sheridan so we weren't so reliant on him for leg work. higdon is our only experienced centre forward, we need more from that position than he is giving us.

he is fat. maybe not for your average punter in the pub but in the context of a professional athlete he is fat.

the picture means nothing, shoulders back, breath in. anyone can do it.

what the fuck do you know about my football knowledge? you were on here last midweek calling him a brilliant player then come saturday we'd have been better with douglas bader up front. not the standard definition of a great player.

and hopefully you mind a great deal but i won't be shutting up. two years ago i had people telling me i was wrong about gannon, last year it was gow that was the player so good 'you can't see his contribution to the team'. i'm fairly certain i'll make it a hat trick of falling on the right side of the debate here.

1.) He's not fat, accept it. It's a fallacy.

2.) Don't care about Gow or Gannon but nice swerve from the stats that prove how effective Higdon is.

3.) We're third in the table and have only lost 3 league games( two to the OF) and went out the cup on pens. Where exactly do you think we should be and where would we be if we had a so called "competent" striker??

You were wrong abut Gannon, you just never accepted the fact. :evilgrin:

• Like 1

That's that swine Hateley at it now. i feel that these players are being a bit OTT agains us poor fans now. Fuck off MFC players. How dare you!

Tom Hateley – We can cope with fans’ pressure

Sep 28 2011 by Andrew Weston, Wishaw Press

Tom Hateley

MOTHERWELL right-back Tom Hateley believes heightened expectations explain why some fans have been getting on the backs of players this season, even though the Steelmen currently sit third in the SPL table.

Hard-to-please Fir Park followers vented their anger both at half-time and full-time during last week’s 3-0 loss at home to St Johnstone.

On Saturday scapegoat Michael Higdon was on the end of a verbal lashing from certain sections of the home support before Motherwell eked out a deserved 1-0 win over lowly Aberdeen.

Insiders at the club have been furious with the reaction of what is a small minority of the Fir Park faithful but Hateley feels the players have the mental strength to deal with the abuse.

“It can be hard,” he admitted this week.

“We expect a lot of ourselves as players but if we do something wrong we don’t mean to.

“It’s just one of those things. You are trying to do the right thing but sometimes fans can get on your back. That is football. You try and make yourself mentally strong and blank it out when they are not happy.”

He added: “I think after how well we did in the cup competitions last season they are expecting a lot from us and probably rightly so. You can’t blame them.

“It is a passionate crowd and they want us to do well just like we want to do well for them. They probably get frustrated when it isn’t the best of games but it is something that you have to get on with as players.”

The weekend’s result was a welcome one following last Saturday’s defeat to St Johnstone and the exit on penalties from the League Cup against Hibernian on Tuesday.

And with two away fixtures to come Hateley felt it was a crucial time to pick up three points.

He said: “A lot has been expected of us since the start of the season and you need to win your home games.

“We had a shocking performance against St Johnstone but against Aberdeen we battled it out. It wasn’t our best performance but Aberdeen are a strong, physical side and we had to dig in. It was a huge result and getting your home form right is massive.”

Motherwell travel to Tannadice on Saturday to take on Dundee United, a side many expect to be in the mix for third place come the end of the season.

Peter Houston’s outfit have endured an inconsistent start to the campaign but can close to within three points of Motherwell going into the international break.

However Hateley is confident his side can pick up a win and maintain their positive league start.

The former Reading player continued: “It’s always a tough game going to Dundee United. They have got some great individuals as well as a really top team. They won the Scottish Cup two seasons ago and have been pretty consistent in the SPL over the past few years.

“We will need to concentrate hard and this week we will be doing plenty of work on them leading into the game.

“But it’s a confident group and I have said before that we always believe we can go anywhere and pick up a result.

“Last season we did well in the cup up at United, drawing 2-2 before beating them at Fir Park.

“I am sure we can get all three points and we don’t go there with any fear.”

He added: “It is always nice to go into the international break with a win and if that happens we will stay third.”

Gannon was right on all counts. Brown was a huge mistake and McCall is alright - just wish he had the long term view / faith in youth that Jimbo had.

I noticed Kenny Sheils taking a leaf out his book at the weekend - superb

where is the football visionary these? the man was a fruit loop.

your right about kenny shiels though, he and gannon have a few things in common. mainly the inability to win football matches.

if the fans had been happy clappy for malpas we'd probably be the 1st division just now.

So, is "happy clappy" the new term for actually supporting the team, yeah? There's no middle ground, no? You can't believe that Higdon hasn't been doing as well as we hoped thus far and still show him support? Any form of encouragement for the guy means you're a gullible "happy clappy" fan?