Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

Other way around mate. We committed 20, and them 8. I think Las and Jennings committed 8 fouls between them in the first 25 minutes! The referee was very kind to us yesterday - especially the two named midfielders.

Really? Sky Sports is giving me false info then! I was a bit suprised by it but dont keep too much track when I'm at the game so just accepted it... I'll just stick to my version of the facts, Celtic do that often enough so why can't I?

I didn't say that - I said we need to refocus on finishing top 6. That is the first step towards getting into European football. The sooner we secure top 6 the more likely we are to finish higher up the league.

You're reading something I didn't say

So you agree with exactly what I said, then.

As a club, our first aim is to be top 6. Nowhere did I say it should be our only aim. You need to work on those hand reading skills :P

I didn't say you said you'd be happy with 6th...hence the question mark :pleasantry:

Was just asking you to clarify and then gave my opinion :nod:

Other way around mate. We committed 20, and them 8. I think Las and Jennings committed 8 fouls between them in the first 25 minutes! The referee was very kind to us yesterday - especially the two named midfielders.

I've just watched their 2nd goal using the pause button on the bbc webpage about 5 times.

he was especially kind to us when he allowed the goal to stand

I've just watched their 2nd goal using the pause button on the bbc webpage about 5 times.

he was especially kind to us when he allowed the goal to stand

and I've watched it about a dozen times on the big telly in slow motion and see no reason to moan about the goal other than it fukin hurt seeing it go in hence I clutched at straws too, hoping it was offside

just because the rule is an ass doesn't mean, we were hard done by, the goal was clean.

games over, got beat, ref was lenient in general, but officials never got any major decision incorrect, could discuss the only one was Mccourt getting foul from Lasley but as it was well inside their half we should have stopped the attack thereafter, our boys done reasonably well, Celtic done exactly what everybody knows they do and roll about dying at slightest touch and harass officials ( time for senior payers and managers to point it that it is happening before the match to said officials, ie sellik tactics)

should've got a point and maybe more, Law, Murph, Hump all had good chances butfailed and as such we would have if we didn't make schoolboy errors, 2nd equal in league thats no too bad for a wee club with about 4500 supporters and a tiny squad with a very tight budget and no owner

it still hurts but no half as bad as barely even trying to get something against them and getting humped

Bring on the sheepies and the auld goat

Also, it's unfair on Celtic, because as you seen on Saturday - when somebody fouls them it's really really sore.

And on top of that they seem to be so in tune with each other that they all feel it - and leap in pain as one.

In fact even their brrrrriiiillliant fans feel the pain.

So lay off the sellick ya bastds

I'm surprised that Samaras, in particular, isn't housebound - he seems far too frail and delicate to be safely allowed out.

Didn't anyone else see Mastorovic turn to the East Stand at the end of the game and kiss the badge, giving it bick licks with the punching air etc.? If any Motherwell player had done that at Parkhead, or turned to the South Stand had we won, there'd have been a riot, investigation points deduction etc etc. Just typically seems to have been completely ignored by the media.

• Like 1

Didn't anyone else see Mastorovic turn to the East Stand at the end of the game and kiss the badge, giving it bick licks with the punching air etc.? If any Motherwell player had done that at Parkhead, or turned to the South Stand had we won, there'd have been a riot, investigation points deduction etc etc. Just typically seems to have been completely ignored by the media.

Thats a total over reaction.

So what if a player kisses the badge at opposition fans. I certainly wouldn't be going home to send out a parcel bomb to his house (Please note CFC and the police - I AM NOT GOING TO SEND A PARCEL BOMB)

I haven't seen much. They are all pumped up for a game and probably getting 90 mins of abuse or taunts from the fans so they release a bit of pent up frustration at the end of the game.

Players do it all the time. Look at super Mario - he almost has a art to it.

Its banter and any fan who gets annoyed by it probably has got issues.

I don't have an issue with anyone doing that in front of their own fans. It's hardly banter to kiss the badge and celebrate like that in front of opposition fans, it's provocative. He should've went to celebrate with the Celtic fans in the POD or South Stands.

I take it as a backhanded compliment that they were so happy to have beaten us they couldn't contain their emotion. When they scored the winner you'd have thought they'd won the league from their reaction. We must be a big scalp for them.

• Like 1

decent performance with a predictable ending. hateley should have stiffened mcourt rather than standing off him.

clancy's red card was daft. he actually got away with the same thing only a lot harder against aberdeen when he absolutely booted one of their players right after he had a penalty claim turned down.

looking ahead we're on 26 points, i'd like to be on at least 38 by the time we go to ibrox. we've got 7 winnable fixtures before that so i think it's do-able.

as for our targets, last season 42 points would have got you top six and 50 would have got you 4th place and into europe. i'd be suprised if 55 points didn't get 4th this season. 29 points from the remaining 24 games should do it.

Sorry but both decisions were correct. The goal was onside, and even McCall agreed that the red card was the right decision in his post match interview. He spoke to Clancy who confirmed that he did indeed kick him.

The second Celtic goal was offside. Hooper ran into an offside position on the 6-yard box, right in front of Randolph, before McCourt made the pass to Stokes and was still there when the pass was made to Stokes. He should have been flagged offside at that point. Hooper was still in that offside position and no Motherwell player ever got behind him when Stokes squared the ball to him to score. Even under the 'revised' offside rules he was offiside in both phases of the play.

Yes, Clancy certainly deserved to walk. However, why did the referee or his linesman fail to take any action against Hooper for pushing his hand into Clancy's face as the ball was played forward to Hooper. This led to Clancy kicking out at Hooper. I'm not condoning Clancy's action but surely Hooper should have at least been spoken to/booked?

When I saw that the referee was Charlie Richmond I must admit my heart sank because he has continously shown dreadfully high levels of incompetence in the past and here he was doing so again. We don't want to depend on referees for our results but only a fair and competent refereering performance.

Guy at my work who was in the other end says that we deserved fuck all yesterday for putting 10 men behind the ball and kicking them off the park.

I've heard this from numerous Celtic fans today. I wonder what they expect us to do? Just stand back and give them space to play?

Our two central midfielders put down their markers with hard, but fair, tackles early on. Forrest started bright and disappeared once he'd been put on his arse a few times. Job done in my opinion.

I've heard Lasley being singled out for particularly harsh treatment from them. I personally thought he was all over the park yesterday, winning tackles and making sure that Celtic got zero space to play.

I'd be willing to wager that Celtic would be in a better position if they had a few players with the committment of Lasley & Jennings.

Guy at my work who was in the other end says that we deserved fuck all yesterday for putting 10 men behind the ball and kicking them off the park.

Did you ask him how we managed to win 11-2 on corners with all those people behind the ball all the time?

The second Celtic goal was offside. Hooper ran into an offside position on the 6-yard box, right in front of Randolph, before McCourt made the pass to Stokes and was still there when the pass was made to Stokes. He should have been flagged offside at that point. Hooper was still in that offside position and no Motherwell player ever got behind him when Stokes squared the ball to him to score. Even under the 'revised' offside rules he was offiside in both phases of the play.

Yup

Las and Jennings both received yellow cards. Are you suggesting than one or both of them should have seen red?