Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

i wish they would put somebody neutral on the commentary as craig burley is a whinging git, sit in the south stand you celtic fan.

MFCtv has live audio coverage, can't quite call it neutral however its safe to say thats its better than Burley and co

its also marginally in front of my tv so makes for an interesting viewing perspective

Shocking decisions there, firstly their winner was offside, blatantly. How craig burley can watch back the replay and say he is clearly onside is beyond me. Secondly, Clancy never should have gone. Absolutely nothing in it and was purely accidental.

Craig burley also makes no attempt to remain impartial ad should not be put on games involving Celtic.

deserved more from the game than a little pride of not getting humped

imho ref got card wrong thinking headbutt from wrong viewing angle as he didnt stop game on initial challenge

edit: but their 2nd goal was onside, no doubt watching it back in slow motion, he was in line with the ball player as the pass was made and moved forward onto it, just dissapointed craggs didnt block it

players had terrific workrate early on, tackling and closing down every Celtic player, so i'm pretty dissapointed Mccourt was allowed to dance about pretty much whenever he had the ball, way too much respect shown for him.

Lennons celebration there was sickening

why? applauding their fans, was calderwood celebration sickening or Butchers?

dry yir eyes, he's a shite manager but no dumbass, he's playing all those fools , and they are all lapping it up, even though he is failing.

Well played lads, couldn't ask for much more. They brought a 2.5m pound striker off the bench to score the winner, that's what we were up against.

We wanted a performance and for the large part got one. Not the result we wanted but we got a win last week undeservedly so sometimes these things happen.

Well played boys, run of decent games coming up lets continue as we've started.

At least we can hold our heads up high after that defeat until some of the recent ones.

Can't fault the team for effort but we created very little in the second half especially and if you are being honest about it Celtic probably deserved a narrow win.

However, if we show the teamwork and effort we did today we won't lose very many over the season.

Very unlucky today. Felt their players behaviour at times was unbelieveable, every single time a free kick went in their favour Stokes was up a the Ref's face demanding a card. Just a couple of defensive lapses, still, loads of good play from us and keep that up and we will finish at least 3rd. Was it really necessary for Mastorovic to kiss the badge and celebrate towards the East Stand? Twat.

Shocking decisions there, firstly their winner was offside, blatantly. Clancy never should have gone. Absolutely nothing in it and was purely accidental.

Sorry but both decisions were correct. The goal was onside, and even McCall agreed that the red card was the right decision in his post match interview. He spoke to Clancy who confirmed that he did indeed kick him.

Sorry but both decisions were correct. The goal was onside, and even McCall agreed that the red card was the right decision in his post match interview. He spoke to Clancy who confirmed that he did indeed kick him.

I've not seen the TV replays but it looked to me that Celtic had a stonewall penalty turned down so we can't grumble much about the referee.

Hopefully, that result will kill all the talk about 'splitting the old firm' and refocus on finishing top 6.

When you play a team who can afford to keep McCourt on the bench, it demonstrates exactly what we are up against. The depth of squad the OF can call on will ensure they win out over the long haul of a season. They might greet about financial issues, but they can still afford to spend more on one player than we spend on an entire squad.

Hopefully, that result will kill all the talk about 'splitting the old firm' and refocus on finishing top 6.

When you play a team who can afford to keep McCourt on the bench, it demonstrates exactly what we are up against. The depth of squad the OF can call on will ensure they win out over the long haul of a season. They might greet about financial issues, but they can still afford to spend more on one player than we spend on an entire squad.

But Celtic weren't that good. As I said I think Celtic probably deserved the narrow win today but they are not some footballing juggernaut.

If we hadn't conceded so soon after we took the lead, a goal that came from a simple error, it's quite easy to speculate we would have won, or at least not lost.

If Celtic gave that level of performance for the rest of the season they would lose 5 or 6 more matches. They are not that good.

• Like 1

We were better in the first half than the second in a game where chances were few and far between, back four and the midfield were solid .Humphrey once again flattered to deceive and Murphy was and is to powder puff .Higdon scored and put himself about a bit but overall I was disappointed with the front three. Still a better display against Celtic as of late so I'm not to despondent. My man of the match was Hammell. Celtic were there for the taking but i thought Wanyama had a good game .

But Celtic weren't that good. As I said I think Celtic probably deserved the narrow win today but they are not some footballing juggernaut.

If we hadn't conceded so soon after we took the lead, a goal that came from a simple error, it's quite easy to speculate we would have won, or at least not lost.

If Celtic gave that level of performance for the rest of the season they would lose 5 or 6 more matches. They are not that good.

They were still good enough to beat the team in second place, and good enough to have a player come off the bench who would be in our first team every week.

For the sake of argument, if we say Celtic and Motherwell first teams are equal right now, Celtic still have sufficient resources to have equally strong replacements for their first 11. We don't - and unless we are really lucky with injuries and suspensions, it will catch up with us.

If we can do what Dundee Utd. did when they won the league using only 14 players, perhaps it's still possible, but games like today are something we really need to take points from.