Trouble At The Aberdeen Game

Brazilian

Go to the game, take you seat, stay seated, while singing like, but stay seated, indeffenetly, all night if we can, sit down, sit in protest. Lets take their rules as literally as we can, see how they like it then.

Good idea, stay seated the whole game, only get up for a piss, dont go for a pie or a bovril and see how they like the downturn in sales. That would probably hurt them more.

Getting thrown out after you've paid in only disadvantages yourself, hit them where it hurts, in the pocket.

They'll listen then.

aahhh right......since you put it like that, its all become so clear. :doh:

we should all just sit down for the 90 mins because thats what some beaurocrat says we should do ????

should we not be allowed to voice opinion if it differs from that of a heirarchy that says so ???

I think its maybe yourself thats actually missing the point........the point is that it is quite obviously deemed acceptable and non-problematic when 5-6000 old Firm fans come calling to grounds all over Scotland and stand for 90 mins bouncing all over the place like a Zumba class on acid, but not for 40 or 50 fans of non OF clubs (not just Motherwell) to do the same thing ??

I'm not having a pop at you personally, but the "thats the rules and thats all their is to it" argument really is rather Draconian to say the least.

if more people take a stand against what is effectively bully boy tactics / victimisation by the stewards, then the public pressure will force the authorities into changing their rules.......that is where you cant make them take notice by sitting down !dry.gif

Feels like it.

I dont disagree with the point being made, but you aren't going to get very far just refusing to obey the rules, they'll just throw you out and as they've already had your money it's no skin off their nose.

As for the argument about th OF getting away with it, they'll just tell you it's far easier to spot and identify an individual in a crowd of a couple of hundred than it is in a crowd of 5-6,000.

Which is a fair enough point, but not exactly fair.

only highighting this to ask 1 question....

You know the guys in question personally ??....well enough to be able to class them as "neds" ???

nah...didn't think so !

ever thought of a job as a steward .....I reckon you might fit right in dry.gif

No, I dont know them well enough to class them as anything in fact I dont know them at all.

What I do know is that is how they will be seen, and I would repectfully suggest it's a bit nearer the mark than equating them with the suffragettes and the NAACP.

Could you try not to make this personal, all I'm doing here is playing Devils Advocate.

Labelling and publicly posting about people you don't know as little neds is a bit personal to these lads IMO

Exactly big man, this whole thing reeks of total ignorance. The group who have been creating atmosphere this season have been superb, you only have to look at the players commenting about it on twitter on a game-by-game basis, it is surely the product of something good, not "neddy" behaviour.The small mindedness of branding these boys "neds" when you don't know them personally is baffling.

Anyway, back on topic, I think what needs to be done first and foremost is a change in procedure as to what Stewards and Policeman are responsible for at football games. Policemen on Saturday were agreeing with me that it was out of hand and they were only acting in such a manner as they HAD to back the stewards up. Surely the stewards should only be in a position to advise the Policemen? I suppose the Policemen could have been telling me this either to deflect the blame or to stop my questions.

The bit that got me most was, a Policeman telling me he chucked someone out for calling him a "Fucking Idiot". I'm sorry but I thought Policemen would traditionally be more thick skinned than that. A "Fucking Idiot" is hardly that personal an insult, definitely not one that merits being manhandled out of a football stadium. I just finished working in the council call centre in September and I got called worse than a fucking idiot on a day-to-day basis but I just had to grin and bear it, and that was for £7k less a year than the Police starting wage. If someone offended me like that I didn't stop their bins getting emptied, didn't stop their street lights getting fixed etc etc. God help him if he has to deal with a murder or a rape if he can't take someone calling him an idiot without spitting the dummy.

The main issue in this for me is consistency. I am lead to believe that the Police have only to get involved if the stewards have already approached someone and they have refused to comply. Yet, the first person who asked me to sit down on Saturday was a Policeman. A steward hadn't as much as looked at me beforehand. However, I told the Policeman he was taking the easy way out approach as all figures of authority do in Scottish football. I then told him I would happily park my arse on a seat once he had visibly communicated to his colleagues in the stand behind the goals we shot into in the first half to get all of the top tier sitting down. To this I just got a blank look.

I'm glad Leeanne Dempster has taken our stance on this and even the Airdrie bastard Jim Traynor had a decent article on it. To be honest, all I really seek from this is clarity and consistency. I had a Celtic fan text me yesterday saying he thought it was a disgrace and he had been up there on the 2nd game of the season, stood all game, enjoyed it and didn't get as much as a word from a steward all game.

• Like 1

Here's what all the fuss was about

Took this before I was asked to put my camera away because I hadn't asked for prior permission to take pictures inside the ground. Funnily enough I told the Steward to **** off and he did :lol:

Oh dear...the best part is the friendly policeman walking down the stairs and clearly not having a problem with anyone. Pity this is the main talking point after another great result and when the boys are doing so well.

Here's hoping we have better away days - the atmosphere has been great for (almost) everyone.

Aberdeen fans have complained to their Head of Security as some guy within the upper halls of Aberdeen Football Club have already made it known Stewards should not eject or force fans to sit if they are not willing to do it no matter the numbers unless it is obstructing the view of others.

From my own personal view, my grudge actually lies with the stewards and match commander. The police were largely fine. After I had been ejected, the police were happy to let me walk away until the word came through on their radio from the match commander that I either had to be arrested or allowed to re-enter the match. I was perfectly calm and having a reasonable discussion with them so they were happy to let me re-enter the ground. When the head steward got wind of this, he went mental and refused to let me back in, so the police took the easy option and arrested me.

I think it's ridiculous that a match commander would give the instruction to arrest or allow re-entry, as it's impossible for him to have known what had happened. It would've completely undermined the steward if I'd been allowed to re-enter the ground so I can understand why the police wouldn't do that, but to say I deserved to be arrested was ridiculous. As soon as the steward was back in the ground, the police were even saying that it was a waste of their time. As it was, I didn't even get put in a cell - I was taken to the station, processed, then they took me in their van, almost apologetically, and dropped me off in the city centre to watch the scores come through on Sky Sports News with a pint.

I was obviously angry on a personal level because I felt I had been mistreated - I've no interest in debating that point with people on here because yes, I was standing up, etc so I know I broke the rules, but I'm also dismayed as a tax-payer by the resources that were wasted on me, and the number of times I can only imagine this happens up and down the country every saturday.

The other point in my mind is that punishments are in place as a deterent to misbehave in the future, but the punishment I received has only deterred me from spending a small fortune and taking time off work to support my team the next time they play in Aberdeen, and that's not a good thing for anyone. I certainly won't be altering the way I behave at matches because of what happened up there.

From my own personal view, my grudge actually lies with the stewards and match commander. The police were largely fine. After I had been ejected, the police were happy to let me walk away until the word came through on their radio from the match commander that I either had to be arrested or allowed to re-enter the match. I was perfectly calm and having a reasonable discussion with them so they were happy to let me re-enter the ground. When the head steward got wind of this, he went mental and refused to let me back in, so the police took the easy option and arrested me.

I think it's ridiculous that a match commander would give the instruction to arrest or allow re-entry, as it's impossible for him to have known what had happened. It would've completely undermined the steward if I'd been allowed to re-enter the ground so I can understand why the police wouldn't do that, but to say I deserved to be arrested was ridiculous. As soon as the steward was back in the ground, the police were even saying that it was a waste of their time. As it was, I didn't even get put in a cell - I was taken to the station, processed, then they took me in their van, almost apologetically, and dropped me off in the city centre to watch the scores come through on Sky Sports News with a pint.

I was obviously angry on a personal level because I felt I had been mistreated - I've no interest in debating that point with people on here because yes, I was standing up, etc so I know I broke the rules, but I'm also dismayed as a tax-payer by the resources that were wasted on me, and the number of times I can only imagine this happens up and down the country every saturday.

The other point in my mind is that punishments are in place as a deterent to misbehave in the future, but the punishment I received has only deterred me from spending a small fortune and taking time off work to support my team the next time they play in Aberdeen, and that's not a good thing for anyone. I certainly won't be altering the way I behave at matches because of what happened up there.

As you were arrested will you end up with a criminal record? If so then its totally outrageous that this happened to you. All they needed to do was refuse you entry and let you go on your way - why did they need to arrest you?

As you were arrested will you end up with a criminal record? If so then its totally outrageous that this happened to you. All they needed to do was refuse you entry and let you go on your way - why did they need to arrest you?

I was just thinking the same, what if your down on your luck and the job you get requires disclosure etc?

thats more or less Entrapment Frazzle, would speak to a lawyer!

thats more or less Entrapment Frazzle, would speak to a lawyer!

I'm not a lawyer, but my vote is for 'Less'.

It's was a crappy way to be treated, but I don't see anything illegal about it. My biggest complaint in these situations is that the police generally seem to be trying to adopt a common sense approach (like with the guys that couldn't get in to Tannadice), but the club stewards refuse to work with them.

This goes back to slightly my point before yours. The Match Commander has issued orders to the Stewards that basically reads as they are not willing to act against 1000's of Old Firm Fans they are not to eject fans for any reason other than if they have committed a criminal offence - at which point the police are to arrest said persons.

In other words the stewards were cunts!