Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

Brockville syndrome means there will be more than 7,000 at the replayed game probably :whistling:

Now that was a proper floodlight failure! Although on my way home Radio 5 reported we got to half time on Friday before "descending into darkness ". Classic case of putting 2 and 2 together to get 5.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

please please McCall - DO NOT RING THE CHANGES

with Las now suspended, my hope is that Carswell comes straight in as a direct replacement

however, i can see McCall moving Hateley to CM, Clancy to RB and Craggs back in at CB.........................dont change a defence that is doing well and looks comfortable

a really good chance to close in on rangers before they even lose some of their players!!!

Up the Well

• Like 3

The only change I'd make is bringing Carswell in for Lasley.

I wouldn't even give Forbes a look in.

Edit to add:

It is an almost certainty that Craggs will return, and Hateley will shift into midfield.

Hateley is a superb midfield player in his own heid. Sadly in the real world, he is distinctly bang average.

I dunno Jay, I think Craggs has the engine, he's certainly got the distribution for it.

laugh.gif

• Like 1

Anyone remember Craigan making a wee run a few years back and the entire stadium, simultaneously shat themselves?

I Don't think I could take that sort of shock again :O

Got a feeling it'll be Omar in place of Law, with law dropping into the centre. Hopefully not though. Want Carswell to come in, seems very competent of doing a job for us!

Reckon, come saturday, we'll be 3 points behind Rangers. 4-0 'Well! Higgy Hat Trick, and a Hammell Free Kick!

I think its hard to play well on a Saturday and then take that into a midweek game. Doesn't often happen and I'm not sure we'll do as well against Hibs as we did against Hearts.

Also the Hibs teams that turn up at Fir Park this season seem to be completely different ones that go everywhere else, they have not been the worst team we've played by a long way.

Also, Keith Lasley is a very important player for us and assuming his suspension will mean he is missing it will be a big blow for us. There is no real replacement for him in the squad and not having him in there seriously weakens the midfield. It's one thing playing without him, 2-0 up for 40 minutes, it's another thing going 90 with everything all square.

On form we should win this one but I'm tempering my expectations for this one. Wouldn't be unhappy with a draw although a win and a 12 point gap would be magnificent.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one, Hopefully that numty for Hibs will be sent off in the second half...

That aside i think we should stick with the attacking formation, i would not revert back to Craggs, as that could be seen as a backwards step.

More than likely see Daley thrown in somewhere as he seems to be McCalls trump card who indeed is pretty versatile.

Law will slide over into the middle Daley will play in his position.

3 . 1 Win Motherwell.

OJ/MURPHY/DALEY With the goals.

I think its hard to play well on a Saturday and then take that into a midweek game. Doesn't often happen and I'm not sure we'll do as well against Hibs as we did against Hearts.

true, we are in that situation, but hibs are playing today so are in a worse position than us going into wednesday

I'd be fairly happy with the draw, said on Friday I'd be happy with 4 points from 6 with these two games.

Anyways, according to the BBC website, we've got no chance of catching Rangers :whistling:

88835573.png

Rangers still on 61 points - wishful thinking from Aunty Beeb :wank: