Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

I think we should win but I believe it may be trickier than perhaps the respective league positions suggest it should be.

It'll be a very tough game. Hibs usually make very dangerous opponents at Fir Park irrespective of the form book. We have to play to our best and pray for a decent ref - they've been in short supply of late.

I see what you've tried to do there with your edit, but as im sure you're aware yourself by now you've made a complete c**t of it and it doesn't make sense.

Are you sure you're a policeman, and not just one of these people that runs about going "IM A POLICEMAN! IM A TIGER! IM A FIRE ENGINE! NEENAWNEENAW!!!"

Your employment is pretty easy to guess AL B ......Rent Boy!

Would seem a little odd giving him a contract to 2014 if he didn't think he'd something about him no?

That and McCall seems to be pretty regularly bigging him up and talking about how he's delighted with him. As well as the game at Hearts last year where he came in and looked the business. I mean, apart from that. :whistling:

Various arguments for a straight swap. Bringing Craigan in and rejigging the defence would disrupt us too much. Hutchinson and Clancy seem to have played well together and it would be wrong to break that up at this stage. I also think Clancy wouldn't give us the attacking edge that Hateley can at right back. I also Hateley is twice the player at right back than he is in midfield and I'd rather not have the combination of missing him at right back and having him in midfield. I also don't think Carswell will struggle, he played very well against Hearts in his debut at Tynecastle last season and that was alongside Forbes and Hateley, playing beside Jennings could only make things better.

It would be a mistake to bring in Carswell. Along side Jennings there would be no one to make the runs Lasley has been making. Fine if you are away from home and looking for a point, not so good if you want win on your own patch. It's far too predictable to have everything coming down the sides. You need someone running from midfield to support the forward players. I think it nullifies the offensive threat quite a bit. Forbes is more likely to get into those position and has a decent shot on him from 25 yards in.

In any case I think Hateley will go there and Craigan will come back in, that seems to be McCall preferences when these decisions have to be made.

• Like 1

There is NOT a Pay at the Gate! That match is all-ticket.

• Season Tickets will use Voucher H from their book.
  • Motherwell fans who have match abandoned vouchers MUST exchange them for a ticket BEFORE trying to enter the ground (exchange at the Fir Park Ticket Office).
  • Motherwell fans who don't have a Season Ticket and don't have a match abandoned ticket can still go to the game, but they MUST pre-purchase a ticket from the Ticket Office BEFORE trying to enter the ground.
  • There will be no pay at the gate anywhere at Fir Park tomorrow night.

When down to pick up tickets today. Couldn't get East Stand or even Cooper, apparently they are sold out. Not daft about the POD it can be a bit quiet at times, but I'm sure the atmosphere will spill over into all stands tomorrow night. This could really be a record crowd for a non-OF game during the SPL era of Motherwell. :cheers:

When down to pick up tickets today. Couldn't get East Stand or even Cooper, apparently they are sold out. Not daft about the POD it can be a bit quiet at times, but I'm sure the atmosphere will spill over into all stands tomorrow night. This could really be a record crowd for a non-OF game during the SPL era of Motherwell. :cheers:

Wouldn't bank on it - I've been trying to get a bit of atmosphere going in the main stand for years - never works :wallbash:

Not to mention the fact that more fans doesn't mean a better atmosphere. The final was easily the worst 'Well atmosphere of the cup run, and some of the best atmospheres this year have been at the likes of Inverness away etc.

:nod: Inverurie was legendary!

• Like 1

thumbup.gif Should be a huge crowd, more than 10k???

Not sure how many fans Hibs will bring considering they're playing gash, but its PATG for them so maybe that'll encourage a few more fans.