Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

It my opinion, so ill share it , I wont accept constant abuse of humphrey, so as long as you slate the lad ill comment on it!

Humphrey is playing no worse than Murphy... but Murphy seems almost Craggs like bullet prove.

And one for Higdon, yes he has scored a few goals i admit that so i accept you challenging me on that one, but not as many as he should of scored.

Some players work better with others... The more Higdon moans at Humphrey and Murphy the less you will get out of them, encouragement works much better.

Stevediggle...... thanks for the compliment, sometimes i talk shit! :wank:

I've never criticized Humphrey

However your constant drivel (which I've also never commented on, until now) is fucking incredible - and not in a good way

Give it a fuckin rest.

Comments on games, tactics, tickets, politics, cookery, independence etc DON'T revolve around Chris Fuckin Humphrey

Stevediggle

Put your perfect start eleven on ...i am keen to see who you select... come FIFA Manager 2012 let me see it!

I posted a few posts back a suggestion for a Plan B

I don't have a perfect 11 ™ - that's a Stuart McCall concept

I have ideas that change based on form, injuries etc.

Humphrey SHOULD be in our top 11 as he can be capable of giving us something - however right now he needs to give his track suit a bit of a try out - based on a sustaine spell of poor form and a shocker last night

IMO

But I'm no expert

I posted a few posts back a suggestion for a Plan B

I don't have a perfect 11 ™ - that's a Stuart McCall concept

I have ideas that change based on form, injuries etc.

Humphrey SHOULD be in our top 11 as he can be capable of giving us something - however right now he needs to give his track suit a bit of a try out - based on a sustaine spell of poor form and a shocker last night

IMO

But I'm no expert

I agree with you.

The patter on the forums is getting pish now.... the same insult being re used? tut tut tut.... whistling.gif

As for a "perfect 11" there is no such thing. This isn't FIFA 12. Get a grip guys. no player plays great week in week out... ESPECIALLY not a player at Motherwell. We need to make changes and swap a few players into the team, to get consistent form.

Next Week, v St johnstone

Randy

Hateley Hutch, Craigan, Hammy

Daley Jenno, Hughes Law

McHugh Higdon

Subs: Bradley, Humph, Murphy, Page Clancy Carswell Forbes

Additions? Smith, Lawless, Halsman?

The options are there but its down to whether or not McCall feels the players are of the quality required to play in the SPL.

Edited by 'Wellfan 2k7

Without Lasley we are nothing. We are all Keith Lasley.

Some of the pish on here is getting too much for me. Let's drop half the team and bring in players who are obviously not at this level or they would have played by now.

The first team we have is basically it. We have a bench that McCall doesnt think is fit for purpose.

Hence why a totally unfit Hughes was picked ahead of Forbes. Why? Cos he is no good enough.

Some of the pish on here is getting too much for me. Let's drop half the team and bring in players who are obviously not at this level or they would have played by now.

The first team we have is basically it. We have a bench that McCall doesnt think is fit for purpose.

Hence why a totally unfit Hughes was picked ahead of Forbes. Why? Cos he is no good enough.

Exactly what I was trying to get across.

Were were you last night caller? :thumbup:

A dip in form and a run of bad results was always on the cards, especially considering the size of our squad.

We've been playing less than great yet still getting results. If we can continue doing that until Lasley returns, Hughes hits full fitness and Murphy sorts himself out we'll be doing just fine.

A Europa league spot is still the aim, and we're on course for just that.

Firstly the club & Police handled the fire/floodlights problem well. But we can count ourself fortunate to earn another bite at the cherry. In hindsight the re-arranged line up was wrong and we missed Keith Lasley badly. A better option would have been to bring in Tim Clancy at right back and move Tom Hately into the midfield. Other than that it was a predictable and poor home performance with all our old weaknesses evident. Hibs were generously afforded the freedom of the left wing but did not return the compliment and they closed us down all over the park. The midfield was largely anonymous and I didn't realise Stephen Hughes was playing until he trooped off at half time. Our attacks were far too slow and predictable. Michael Higdon was again isolated and Chris Humphrey received appalling service which he did nothing with anyway. Again Jamie Murphy was all over the place frequently turning up 30 metres behind the play.

Really we've discussed all the same failings ad nauseum all season.

Lest I forget, Leigh Griffiths behaved like a half cut yob on the Friday night bevvy and was very very fortunate not be shown a red card. Thankfully his meagre yellow will stand.

• Like 3

The club would be well within their right to ask for voucher 9 again though

Why, they took it off me last night. Unless I'm mistaken there is only one voucher 9 in the book. I didn't even understand the tannoy message that the game had been abandoned. It was only when I checked my watch and people were leaving I realised.

• Like 1

Firstly the club & Police handled the fire/floodlights problem well. But we can count ourself fortunate to earn another bite at the cherry. In hindsight the re-arranged line up was wrong and we missed Keith Lasley badly. A better option would have been to bring in Tim Clancy at right back and move Tom Hately into the midfield. Other than that it was a predictable and poor home performance with all our old weaknesses evident. Hibs were generously afforded the freedom of the left wing but did not return the compliment and they closed us down all over the park. The midfield was largely anonymous and I didn't realise Stephen Hughes was playing until he trooped off at half time. Our attacks were far too slow and predictable. Michael Higdon was again isolated and Chris Humphrey received appalling service which he did nothing with anyway. Again Jamie Murphy was all over the place frequently turning up 30 metres behind the play.

Lest I forget, Leigh Griffiths behaved like a half cut yob on the Friday night bevvy and was very very fortunate not be shown a red card. Thankfully his meagre yellow will stand.

A good post KMcalpin. Agree!

• Like 1

Why, they took it off me last night. Unless I'm mistaken there is only one voucher 9 in the book. I didn't even understand the tannoy message that the game had been abandoned. It was only when I checked my watch and people were leaving I realised.

Bottom line everyone 'should' have had a voucher and should get in no argument.

It's gonna be a huge financial hit anyway

But if every season ticket holder gets in using their book again - they can then give their voucher away for nowt (some might say fair enough) which then inflates again the ammount of free tickets in circulation.

Its catch 22 granted and I'm not saying that the distribution of tickets was perfect - some got none, some got one, some got a couple. And I'm all for folk getting in for nowt or reduced prices. But like I say the club are going to be stung by staging two games with drastically reduced income.

I'm just playing devils advocate saying that entry to game potentially should be - by voucher, PATG, or voucher 9 (because you are a ST holder that didn't make it first time)

not sure what the voucher thing is but why not just say the re arranged fixture is free. The people who were at the game already paid and if others turn up for the rearranged game.........what the hell, just let them in........might swell the crowd and maybe entice a few people back .........and way much easier to organize............turn up and get in free, organizing done.

• Like 1

A dip in form and a run of bad results was always on the cards, especially considering the size of our squad.

We've been playing less than great yet still getting results. If we can continue doing that until Lasley returns, Hughes hits full fitness and Murphy sorts himself out we'll be doing just fine.

A Europa league spot is still the aim, and we're on course for just that.

Dip in form has been there for a while. The run of bad results hasn't happened. Yet. There is a slight niggle they might be on the way though. Team performance MUST improve.

The point you make about the predictability of our home form was evident from the start of the game, were not getting the best out of Higdon ,Murphy and Humphrey and our game plan NEVER changes. Its obvious McCall dosnt rate the fringe players[Forbes,Lawless Paige] and that cuts our options further still .And if we dont have someone who can come in and replace a dire Chris Humphrey then thats a worry.

The point you make about the predictability of our home form was evident from the start of the game, were not getting the best out of Higdon ,Murphy and Humphrey and our game plan NEVER changes. Its obvious McCall doesn't rate the fringe players[Forbes,Lawless Paige] and that cuts our options further still .And if we don't have someone who can come in and replace a dire Chris Humphrey then that's a worry.

In many ways stuart mccall's team is like craig browns when he was in charge ,effective but not very entertaining. I don't get to many away games where we seem to play better so i'm looking at our games at home and they aren't very good to watch ,put it this way someone comes along to check out a game isn't likely to come back in a hurry. Not for 18 quid anyway.