Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

Steve there's a big difference in coming on for half an hour in a cup tie when your 5 or 6 goals to the good than starting in the spl when it's about £90k per league placing. There's a reason he hasn't featured much in the spl this season. He was 5th choice centre midfielder when Hughes was here (rightly or wrongly)

I rate carswell and is one to look out for in the future but I think he could benefit with half a seasons loan in the first division first.

It's a big decision for McCall on Wednesday as it has been proved that the team that started the last few games is easily our best starting eleven. In Stuart we trust.

Steve there's a big difference in coming on for half an hour in a cup tie when your 5 or 6 goals to the good than starting in the spl when it's about £90k per league placing. There's a reason he hasn't featured much in the spl this season. He was 5th choice centre midfielder when Hughes was here (rightly or wrongly)

I rate carswell and is one to look out for in the future but I think he could benefit with half a seasons loan in the first division first.

It's a big decision for McCall on Wednesday as it has been proved that the team that started the last few games is easily our best starting eleven. In Stuart we trust.

Replacing Lasley like for like is by a country mile a lower risk than breaking up the back four as it stands or rearranging a winning midfield.

If we can throw in 20yr old Ojamaa we can throw in Carswell - throwing in one player is what we're all about. Where would we be if we never threw in an O'Donnell, Reynolds, Saunders, Pearson, Clarkson etc etc etc. Some of them have had torrid debuts and Carswell has already had more than a few first team outings stretching back a couple of seasons. It might be time to take a wee bit of a leap. That, for me, is what we're all about.

Anyway i'm not fussed whether it's Carswell (1st chice), Forbes, or Page - a like for like swap - and a minimal risk. Moving Hately or Clancy out that back four would be folly and counter productive.

And a final point. "In Stuart we trust"? I agree to a point - the wee man's doing a great job, indeed.

However - he took a goddam age to spot that we needed to change it at home wrt up front. Ojamaa gave him an additional option and the formation and approach that he avoided at all costs (but may on here had argued for) is - lo and behold - bringing us huge dividends.

The wee man's magic - he just needs to read the more learned comments on here every now and again :laugh:

btw what I posted earlier (straight swap Carswell for Lasley) is what I would do and what a good few others before and a good few others after would do.

If I were a betting man - what I think Stuart McCall will do is:-

Randolph

Clancy Craigan, Hutch, Hammell

Law, Hateley, Jennings, Murphy

Ojamaa, Higdon

There's a reason he hasn't featured much in the spl this season.

Would you not say it's because Las and Jenno have been outstanding this season?? Rather than his ability / attitude / experience

I think he will push law central bring in Daley or Humphrey and keep the defence the same.

And I agree thats another option - my only problem with that is that they are out and out attacking players and dont perform aswell defensively as others.

I like seeing MFC giving guys a chance - its what we are all about, and its why some of the young guys come to us.

I've not watched Hibs for a while now, so I have no idea how they will line up/set up against us.

3 points would be magic, 1 point and O'Connor and Griffiths to be flattened by the Heid would also be satisfactory!

Whoever comes in will need to apply the same workrate of Las and I do not see that in Ross Forbes. Tricky one for Stuart McCall, but I think it might be better to leave the defence alone and shuffle midfield / attack. I have a feeling he will bring in Omar Daley.

My only criticism of our recent gubbing of Hearts was the the gaffr waited a bit long to make a change when we had been playing with 10 men for a bit. Can't argue with the end result though.

Saw us beating Hibs one nil earlier on this season at Easter Road. They were gash we could of had three of four. They were shocking against Celtic at the weekend as well although I can't see them playing as badly as that again on Wednesday. Still be very disappointed with anything but 3 points.

Don't want to see Hateley play in midfield. I've never seen him play well there. Keep the back four as it is. I'd go with Forbes in the middle of only to give him another chance. If not that then I'd go with pushing Law into the middle and start Daly.

Think I am with the majority on this one...............carswell for Lasley. Nice simple change. If it's not working then he has the other options open to him base don how the game is going. The craigan option with hately going to Mid or daley/Humph in mid with law moving inside. I would go for the simple option first and then change it if needed.

The introduction of OJ, is the reason LAW AND MURPHY are or seem to be scoring more goals not the position they are playing in, OJ frees up the space, by attracting defenders over to him.

Law in central Midlfield would work just aswell as him outwide, as long as OJ plays that will be the case... Pretty much the same for Murphy.

As for the game, i would not like to see him change the defence (but hold my thoughts on that one) as Craggs will be bending his ear to start, but then again i thought Craggs would of came on for Murphy as soon as Lasley was sent off, but he never.. so that might tell us something.

I would like to see Humphrey/Daley back in, not because im his only fan but the fact we can still have that attacking look to the team.

Humphrey/OJ can work well together much as Daley and OJ can.

I want Humphrey back in(AL B) BUM the start line up, but i have that sneaky feeling that Daley will slide straight back into the team due to his ability to play anywhere asked.

I think it would be a major mistake to play hateley in midfield and move other players around who have been playing well to accomodate this. Wouldn't be surprised to see this though.

Why don't we start with the 10 that were on the field when Lasley went off. Then we can bring on Carsewell/Forbes, Humphrey/Daley or Craigen if Hibs look like they are going to make a game of it?

Got to be Carswell for me, seems like a straight swap, no? Everyone is playing so well exactly where they are, it seems unwise to shift them around to accommodate.

Someone has to come in.....Not sure McCall rates Carswell that highly.. although he does seem to mention him in despatches quite often! I reckon Craswell we be used from the bench... incase the all out attacking option does not work!

Someone has to come in.....Not sure McCall rates Carswell that highly.. although he does seem to mention him in despatches quite often! I reckon Craswell we be used from the bench... incase the all out attacking option does not work!

Would seem a little odd giving him a contract to 2014 if he didn't think he'd something about him no?

I want Humphrey back in(AL B) BUM the start line up, but i have that sneaky feeling that Daley will slide straight back into the team due to his ability to play anywhere asked.

I see what you've tried to do there with your edit, but as im sure you're aware yourself by now you've made a complete c**t of it and it doesn't make sense.

Are you sure you're a policeman, and not just one of these people that runs about going "IM A POLICEMAN! IM A TIGER! IM A FIRE ENGINE! NEENAWNEENAW!!!"

• Like 6