Jennings- 2 Matches

Neil

All of the aforementioned is of course what led to the incident, but having watched the highlight much like the judge n jury at the SFA , my first thought was despite the punch we'd be better staying silent on the matter as jenno raised his hand to face, sadly we've actually been caught out by the very system everyone was clutching at to punish Goodwin

Jenno lost the heid, after dodging a bad yin and tried to do someone, 20years ago I'd have idolised the ground he walked on and hailed him psycho, sadly, these days , the games been sterilised on and off the field, and actions like that just mean the already thin squad suffers on the field without him

I do believe it's worth appeal as the punishment, if it's for raising hand, doesn't match the crime , as without doubt a punch is more violent than a touch

Someone mentioned butcher and ICT , think a wealthy fan paid for their appeal....

Ps if I'd been at the match I'd have been feckin raging! Distance is a fine sedative ;-)

Another Xmas in Liverpool for Steve :-|

Cant quite believe this quote from the St Mirren mad website

There were a few meaty challenges in the early stages of the first half, coming to a head when Jennings flattened Graham Carey. Goodwin barged into the back of Jennings, who then appeared to try to gouge his eye. The Saints captain responded by punching Jennings in the stomach before the Scouser repeated his earlier action.

I think it's a disgrace, if the ref didn't show a red at the game then thats that, if a goal got chopped of for offside which was wrong the goal wouldn't get reinstated so the same should apply in cases like this. I think the whole appeal of decisions should get binned, what happens during the 90 minutes should be good enough. I think the ref getting things wrong work for us and against us and adds to the debate of the game we all love, if every decision was correct it would be boring

Think some of us need to take the C&A specs off here, and be honest.

The tackle from Van Zanten is irrelevant, as much as it should have been a foul.......It wasn`t given, moving on.......

Watching it back, Jennings threw the toys out the pram at not getting the free-kick, something you would expect to see down the local park. Of course Goodwin should have been sent packing for his part, even he has apoligised to everyone at St mirren for being a thug!

But when you see it again, not only has Jennings booted the boy in the air, he has tried to poke Goodwin in the face, twice!!

Therefore, I do think he deserves to be pulled up for acting like a daft wee laddie, though a think a 1 game ban would be sufficient.

What I mean is why should Jennings or Goodwin get done after the game, if the ref didn't punish it there and then why should they get done later.

The example I used re the offside is maybe a bit ott but what I mean is the ref could get that wrong too but the sfa couldn't change or alter that decision so they should just leave the decisions made during the 90 minutes.

I think the ref getting things wrong adds to the game, hope you understand what I mean Busta

As has been said a good chance for Carswell and Hughes as one of them should start in his place on Saturday. Carswell has played well at Tynecastle before. If Forbes gets on as a sub he needs to put on a really good performance to force McCall to figure him into his future plans.

Another option would be Humphrey-Law-Lasley-Daley as well I suppose. Either way some big decisions from McCall and the board with regards to the appeal and for McCall and Black for the team on Wednesday.

Is Lasley not suspended for Saturday? Sure I read that somewhere.

Anyway, I think the way the rules are set up currently, they couldn't possibly video evidence Goodwin without doing so to Jennings. But I know I'd rather have someone hold my face than uppercut my ribs, but that's just me....

Do have to agree that it stemmed from Murray's incompetence, how he missed such a obvious bad tackle on Jennings to start with was inexcusable for one of the nation's supposed top officials. But Jennings is a professional footballer and he should be able to rise above it, as difficult as it is when a situtation like that occurs.

Stump up £2,000 and appeal the ban. The whole incident was totally mishandled by the referee who in hindsight influenced the entire game and possibly the outcome.

Irrespective of how the referee handled the incident we need to look at whether we have a chance of winning the appeal before we give them £2,000. The fact that there was no media outcry for Jennings to be summoned the way there was with Pawlett and Goodwin suggests to me that we are less likely to be successful as they have found it from their own steam. I remember when McGhee was here he always spoke to ex-referees (Dallas I think) to gauge how likely he was to be successful before spending money and to me that is a sensible policy. To me the referee has been so busy booking folk he has taken his eye off the flashpoint and missed Goodwin's punch and Jennings' putting his hand in his face and I think they will see that as aggressive and we will lose any appeal.

I don't think we have to pay for this as an appeal as it is not an appeal as such as they are "offering" a 2 match ban, we would challenge it and it would be taken to a hearing, which I don't think entails appealing it as it is not yet an official sanction.

• Like 1

What I mean is why should Jennings or Goodwin get done after the game, if the ref didn't punish it there and then why should they get done later.

The example I used re the offside is maybe a bit ott but what I mean is the ref could get that wrong too but the sfa couldn't change or alter that decision so they should just leave the decisions made during the 90 minutes.

I think the ref getting things wrong adds to the game, hope you understand what I mean Busta

I understand. let folk get away with murder as long as the ref doesn't see it

I don't think we have to pay for this as an appeal as it is not an appeal as such as they are "offering" a 2 match ban, we would challenge it and it would be taken to a hearing, which I don't think entails appealing it as it is not yet an official sanction.

Much like a fixed penalty for motoring offences.

You can take 3 points and £60 or they pass it on to the PF, it goes to court, and the court decides, you might get off, you might get made an example of.

Does anyone know are these fixed penalty type things always just a 2 match ban?

Flow tweets this.......

MFC today notified the SFA of the clubs' intent to contest the fixed 2-match suspension offered to Steve Jennings by the Compliance Officer.

What's a bit worrying for me is how does this new fast track system actually work in practice. Does the compliance officer sit down on Monday mornin and go through 90 mins of footage of every SPL game from the weekend looking for incidents that the referee missed. Maybe he listens to phone ins or trawls through forums looking for clues.

If thats the case where does it all end, does he look at every tackle, every off the ball incident and decide that the Ref missed a yellow/red card incident and decide to start issuing them retrospectively?

He currently has the power to issue bans and my worry would be that could be the next logical development in the process.

I think we are taking a chance here but feel that we are right. There is no way that both players deserve the same punishment for their parts in a situation which came about due to the ref not giving a fre kick for the original challenge on Jennings. We await the verdict knowing we could be losing one of our recent best performers.