Jennings- 2 Matches

Neil

I thought at the time Jennings was daft. He lost the plot when he did not get the foul for the first tackle and took at wild swing at the player when the ball came near him again. However am I missing something here?

Surely if the ref had decided to book him for the reckless tackle (which he deserved) and then decided that the whole thing with Goodwin deserved another yellow card he would have been off and as a result would have got an automatic ONE game ban.

How do they think it is fair to give him a two game ban.

Or as I said have I missed something?

I thought at the time Jennings was daft. He lost the plot when he did not get the foul for the first tackle and took at wild swing at the player when the ball came near him again. However am I missing something here?

Surely if the ref had decided to book him for the reckless tackle (which he deserved) and then decided that the whole thing with Goodwin deserved another yellow card he would have been off and as a result would have got an automatic ONE game ban.

How do they think it is fair to give him a two game ban.

Or as I said have I missed something?

Yes indeed, I believe you have missed something.

It would appear that you have completely missed that they are a bunch of f****n idiots dealing with this. However i think you really did know this but just forgot.

• Like 1

Have they actually said what Jennings has done to deserve this so called two match ban? It can't be the initial challenge as the ref gave him a yellow for it.

Confused.

Yes and no. There are a couple of posters who have quoted from the rulebook in the past who may know what the actual number is but there was one specifically mentioned on Radio Scotland the other night. The actual wording of the rule however was so vague and generic that it wasn't clear what the offence was and MFC trying to get clarification on what the complaint actually referred to before deciding to press ahead with their appeal.

Perhaps it was a Red Dwarf style SFA directive 20347134: Though shalt not pick the nose of bald Irishmen in the month of the December within a 5 metre zone of a ginger referee. Penalty shall be a two game ban and £2000 for Craig Levein to spunk away on canvas images of Mark de Vries

Ban confirmed, appeal rejected. Bunch of tossers. Gary Hooper should have got a four-match ban or worse, he gets off and Jennings gets a two-match ban for "violent conduct". Farce.

Off the fishal

The Fast Track Tribunal has upheld the suspension offered to Steve Jennings and the midfielder will now miss the next two matches.

The club contested the original offer from the Compliance Officer after notification on Tuesday afternoon.

The player, along with club representatives, were at Hampden today, however the three-person Judicial Panel agreed with the original complaint of ‘Breach of Disciplinary Rule 200’ and the player will now sit out the matches with Hearts at Tynecastle and the Dunfermline fixture at Fir Park.

The club are disappointed with the outcome but respect the judgement of the panel.

I didn't know he was being investigated Ricky? Am I right in thinking you're referring to his jabbing of Tim Clancy in thre throat before the latter's red card.

Seem to recall Hooper more or less lamping Jennings earlier this season. Nothing done then.

The previous month they ignored an incident when Celtic's Gary Hooper caught Jennings with his elbow in the game against Well at Fir Park. Both times SFA Compliance Officer Vincent Lunny decided not to initiate proceedings

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4014826/Motherwell-cite-Hibernian-plea.html#ixzz1hHhUTno2

TBH there was never EVER likely to be any other outcome.

I suspect the club did this to show backing to Jenno, since he has stayed with us when he could easily have moved on.

There is no way the two incidents can be compared. Goodwin nudged Jenno in the back, which caused him to grab his face, to which he then received the punch to the stomach. Had Goodwin been rightly red carded then it is likely nothing else would have happened.

Bottom line is Jenno should not have raised his hands.

When all is said and done the disciplinary panel have made a rod for their own backs. I suspect there will be multiple hearings each and every week now till the end of the season and each one will be scrutnised for apparent consistency, which with the Gary O'Connor dive shows will never happen!!

It is a blow but we need to move on. He will be a miss but we are reasonably well served in midfield.

I can't believe anyone's surprised. Stupid retaliatory tackle, and then grabs someone's face twice.

I think we'd be better served putting our efforts into getting him to stop being so daft, rather than trying to appeal decisions that shouldn't have had to be made in the first place.

• Like 1

I can't believe anyone's surprised. Stupid retaliatory tackle, and then grabs someone's face twice.

I think we'd be better served putting our efforts into getting him to stop being so daft, rather than trying to appeal decisions that shouldn't have had to be made in the first place.

Exactly. Even when you're a kid playing the game, "don't retaliate" is hammered into you.

i thought jennings grabbed his face to give him a big kiss, but obviously the saints player was not in the festive mood :whistling:

So when does the referee serve his suspension, given the incident happened right in front of him?

If a referee show discretion, then some guy in a suit can disagree and hand out a two game suspension. Madness. The suit mob are going to be very busy every week. Perhaps the club should adopt the government approach and sensor any tv pictures :evilgrin: