Motherwell Vs Dunfermline Matchday Thread

David

Early flight tomorrow, so I bailed out before Humphrey scored the 3rd :wallbash: Well that and the nerves could not take it........

Bizarre but hugely enjoyable game. We had more possession than a team with an extra player :huh: Even when Hearts beat St Mirren recently St Mirren had 60% possession.

The players deserve great credit. Get that boy OJamma a deal on the table tomorrow.

Special mention for the Boss who got the tactics spot on.

Off to bed with a big grin :yahoo:

PS - The REF was/is a :wank:

just watchin the game on Alba and its nice to know the abuse I was givin the ref during the game turns out to be well deserved.Some of his decisions in particular the Clancy yellow card were just feckin unbelievable.

Brilliant night great performance great support roll on Saturday Goodnight!! :drinks:

• Like 1

Just in. Hopefully that's our yearly bad form around the festive period put to bed.

First things first. What a performance from Henrik Ojamma. He was gutsy, strong, and happiest when he was running at the opposition. The play between him and Higdon was great with Ojamma getting on the end of Higdon's flicks and lay-offs. And a great strike for his goal. Higdon as well was good. Thinkg that would've capped of his performance was a goal. Great to hear everyone getting behind the big man as well.

Great to see Nicky Law and Humph get on the score sheet. Law's goal was a peach. That's him on 2 for the season. I thought bring Humph on was a great sub because Dunfermline had the running of their left wing for the second half.

Have no idea why Craigan was sent off. But I thought Hutch and Clancy done well afterwards.

I though Murphy was looking good for the first 17mins before he was hooked for Clancy. I think he was better on the right wing and with there less pressure on him to create our chance with Ojamma playing allowed him to relax and play that free role he was when McCall first came.

That's the most I've enjoyed a game in a while. Sending off probably made the game. Meant everyone had to roll the sleeves up. Good substitutions, good decisions by players when we had the ball and real display of character from everyone in claret and amber. Referee was shocking but I think the sense of everything going against us seemed to fire up both supporters and the players.

I said in the pub before the game that I wanted to be entertained, simply to enjoy the game and for it to be memorable. It ticked all the boxes.

In short, one of those nights that makes it all worthwhile. Just magic...

• Like 2

Just in from the game so missed the sending off on Alba, anyone any the wiser? If Craggs did stick the head in Barrowman, we can't have any complaints but the fact that absolutely nobody saw it makes me question it. Plus, given the form of the ref for the rest of the game, he's hardly covered himself in glory. If Craggs did do it, he'll no doubt be his own harshest critic but it's certainly not like him.

I was highly critical of Clancy after the Inverness game but thought he stepped in brilliantly today and big Hutch was superb alongside him. Higdon put in a real power of work as well and covered a load of ground, good to see his flicks and lay-offs getting picked up for once too.

Jennings and Lasley ran themselves into the ground and made it seem like we weren't a man down at times. But wee OJ....what a game that lad had. Fantastic. They were all raving about him on the radio, so I certainly hope we can get something sorted for him as it would be one hell of a wise investment for the club.

That ref was a clown. Wonder if the compliance officer will submit a complaint about that?

It's a worry that we could be without Craigan for a couple of games (and Higdon for the next) but all in all, a lot of positives from tonight and a superb performance. That's the most I've enjoyed a visit to Fir Park in some time.

That red card has probably saved our season it was exactly what we needed it brought the entire ground right behind the team, actually supporting for once and what a difference it made. Superb aint enjoyed a game soo much since the last time we pumped them.

• Like 1

That red card has probably saved our season it was exactly what we needed it brought the entire ground right behind the team, actually supporting for once and what a difference it made. Superb aint enjoyed a game soo much since the last time we pumped them.

Absolutely.

The sending off got the crowd behind the team and actually made for a good atmosphere at Fir Park for a change. Definately the best we've had this season and probably going further back aswell. There was even singing from the Cooper Stand ffs!

Without doubt that was the best home game of the season in more ways than one.

Our best win of the season in my opinion. By far the better team with 10 men when on occasion it looked like they had the man down. There were a few squeaky bum moments after they scored but all in very pleasing team performance.

McCall and Black got it spot on. Full credit to them.

Clancy to keep his place for Saturday and Humphrey into midfield to allow Murphy to partner Henrik up front (if we lose Craigan and Higdon).

Great performance, good atmosphere for such a small attendance.

Can I ask though - I was right in front of Ojamaa's booking and my initial reaction as the ref came over was red card. It was pretty wild in my opinion but would like to see it again, possible 2 footer and he didnt get the ball.

Thoughts?

I very seldom post on these threads but fuck me what a performance!

Best game I've seen in a long long time. Every player battled for the every loose ball, chased down every runner and put the boot in when needed. 10 men down and still breezed through most of the game.

4 cracking goals. Anyone who says Scottish Football is shite should watch that. Dunfermline didn't play badly at all, we were just too good for them despite being a man down.

If the BBC has it right that Craggs was sent off for violent conduct then that must be appealed. Referee was an utter numpty.

10 out of 10 all round. thumbup.gif

Great performance, good atmosphere for such a small attendance.

Can I ask though - I was right in front of Ojamaa's booking and my initial reaction as the ref came over was red card. It was pretty wild in my opinion but would like to see it again, possible 2 footer and he didnt get the ball.

Thoughts?

Just watched the first half on ALBA. IMO a word in his ear should have been enough, although yellow card was probably justified by the rule book.

Well done Motherwell. That was a super performance against all odds. To be honest I've seen players not sent off for what Craigan did more often than they are but it was idiotic to get involved.

Remember we had scored a perfectly good goal before he was sent packing but a mistake by the assistant cost us.

After the red card we seemed to react best and played a very astute game. The most rattled person in the ground by the red card seemed to be Alan Muir who followed it up by a string of decisions which were bizarre.

Second half he calmed down a bit and the ga$me buzzed from end to end. Except from one lapse we defended really well and the hutch and clancy get credit for that. Bearing in mind hutch is only one yellow away from a ban and clancy had been booked these two did well to stay out of bother.

Good goals by law and the hump, better shape, better ball retention all in made it a good night.

Hopefully we can carry on on saturday and if Higdon misses out be interesting to see how he rejigs it. Least murphy will be fresh.

Watched it there too not knowing the score, can only echo what everyone has said. Great performances all round that team. Without jumping the gun( or the pistols...) Henrik could be a real player, got a bit of the Vladimir Veiss about him but with a better attitude. Spoke very, very well in his Alba interview. Get him signed, as McCall put it he is getting only his bus fayre paid to him the now!!

The win also lets that complete helmet crust of a ref off the hook. A red card for next to nothing and, not seen it mentioned but100% onside goal disallowed. Higgy was off but Ojamma came through onside.

Doesnt matter anyway, mon the well!!!

Every player worked there socks off but to me the massive difference was in having a strike partner for Higdon. Changed the team completely. Ojaama is a real gem of a find. I said it a few times tonight he just reminds me so much of McDonald, not only in size and physique but his direct no nonsense style. Total buzz bomb who could read the Higdon flick ons. Really excited to see this lad again.

Exactly, Just what we were needing,

Best we've played at Fir Park all season. McCall got it spot on with every decision tonight.

Great to see him recognise we needed a change and also to see him pull Murphy off

I think it helped that murphy was the one subbed too.

Certainly did, Thought murphy was doing what he usually does, (running into trouble not offering any kind of out when not in posession)

Ref was dismal. great win.

Has Dazzer not been on wanking himself dry yet?

It really is a shame Higdon is going to miss the Saints game on Saturday, he & Ojamaa looked to have a great understanding already. What a difference it made having someone closer to the bigman who was willing to get on to his knock downs and flick ons. Not only does he look a cracking player but he seems to be bringing the best out of Higdon.

Did anyone notice that the 2nd and 3rd goal came from Higgy's flick ons? See what happens when people support him and get on the end of them! First Ojamma and then McHugh. He needs that sort of support more often and hopefully he continues to get it and we get a few more goals from it.

Just in from the game so missed the sending off on Alba, anyone any the wiser?

Just watched highlights on BBC website (after watching whole game on Alba), and looked a lot to me like Barrowman said something to Craigan after they collided that provoked a response, rather than Craigan reacting to being hit in the face. We looked pretty lucky not to concede a penalty just before that, mind you... pretty blatant shove in the back from Hutch, guy didn't look like he was going anywhere but that doesn't mean it's not a penalty.

For the offside, Ojamaa certainly looked a mile on and Higdon just off, but don't think it was necessarily that easy a call for the linesman... Higdon had arguably still taken his marker (and thus one of the last two defenders) out of the game even though he had pulled up by the time Ojamaa had collected the floated pass, so you could say he'd interfered. But aye, so much for the attacking team getting the benefit of the doubt in marginal offside calls.

Did anyone notice that the 2nd and 3rd goal came from Higgy's flick ons? See what happens when people support him and get on the end of them! First Ojamma and then McHugh.

he was much improved today even although i don't think he managed a shot.

however i would wait to see whether it's down the support of the crowd, the added support or the two jokers at the back for dunfermline.

all in a good performance, it's amazing how much better we are with two players up front. it's a shame mccall was intent on boring everyone for three months before he accepted it.