Motherwell Vs Dunfermline Matchday Thread

David

Say, in January, we travelled to spain for two weeks training. That would leave the players both rested and fit for the new season. It would also be a way to advertise the club considering the fact that in the summer months, tourism in scotland trebles and if people who have seen the club play in spain are over for the festivals, they could perhaps want a taste of Scottish football at the business end on the season. Hence, more income for the club, better revenue means a better standard of football.

were you dropped on your head as baby?

think about the cost of 12 teams going to spain for 2 weeks. think about how much spanish tourists would have to spend to match that including vat. consider the fact that teams from all round europe already train in spain during the winter so we'd hardly be a unique draw. consider the fact that spain and italy are economically fucked and that a holiday to scotland to watch motherwell vs st johnstone is hardly going to be high up their agendas.

it's a terrible idea.

#CraiganOG :whistling:

Nah, Jennings will be available for Ibrox. The suspension is for the next two competitive fixtures agreed to be Hearts and Dunfermline. Rangers is the third game since the ban.

When has a ban ever been for particularly agreed fixtures? A two match ban means a ban for the next two competitive fixtures which means Jenno will miss Ibrox. Given this has been the case for as long as I can remember, I'm surprised anyone is even questioning if he's going to be available.

Looking for Aberdeen ( :bad: ) and Killie to do us a wee turn tonight and take some points from Hearts and St Johnstone respectively. It is certainly possible that come Monday night we could see ourselves in 5th place if our two closest rivals pick up maximum points tonight and see off Hibs (Hearts) and ICT (St Johnstone) on the 2nd. Admittedly they would be above us on the slimest of margins.....but still a wee confidence boost for them nonetheless.

When has a ban ever been for particularly agreed fixtures? A two match ban means a ban for the next two competitive fixtures which means Jenno will miss Ibrox. Given this has been the case for as long as I can remember, I'm surprised anyone is even questioning if he's going to be available.

Not my best choice of words. But it only covers the next two fixtures, not games. Our fixtures were Hearts and Dunfermline and that is what it should cover.

Not my best choice of words. But it only covers the next two fixtures, not games. Our fixtures were Hearts and Dunfermline and that is what it should cover.

That is never been how it works and I fail to see why it would come into play in this case.

Steve Jennings was given a two match/fixture/game ban and therefore automatically misses the next two competitive matches, it doesn't matter who they are against or whether a game gets postponed and never has. He will therefore be suspended for Ibrox.

Hearing that there are bits of the east stand roof flappin about. Ah well at least it'll be water flowing down the steps instead of urine

Wonder if it was the same bits of the East Stand Roof that were flappin around when we had the high winds a few weeks ago and we couln't be arsed or forgot to get it fixed ????:whistling:

and can you imagine playing a the last game of the season to decided relegation of a European spot on a pissing wet cold day at then end of October

Oh aye good point mate, hadnae thought of that. Far better to play in the pissing wet cold in October, November, December, January and February, so that we can hopefully get a wee sunny day to finish the season off in May.

Summer fitba, what a stupid fucking idea.

• Like 1

Not neccessarily. Could quite easily play a few more midweek games and run the season from Mar-Oct.

So pre-season would still be Jan/Feb then? And every other year when we have World Cups and Euros do we take a 4 week (or more) shutdown and extend the season? And if a team makes into Europa Cup or Champions League group stages they will need to keep playing in Dec/Jan etc.

It just doesn't sound very practical to me.

So pre-season would still be Jan/Feb then? And every other year when we have World Cups and Euros do we take a 4 week (or more) shutdown and extend the season? And if a team makes into Europa Cup or Champions League group stages they will need to keep playing in Dec/Jan etc.

It just doesn't sound very practical to me.

Can see what you're saying mate but it works perfectly well in the Scandanavian countries. Just doesn't sound practical to me, that we play fitba when the weather is normally the shitest it's been all year and take a break when it's at it's best.

summer fitba is a no brainer ive heard all the arguments and excuses but quite simple Russia is a miles bigger league and also national team than us why dont we just copy their season SIMPLES start of march till end of november as lets be honest there is only games ove the holiday period that the fans would truly miss but how enjoyable would it be to finish work on a friday in the sun go for a few pin ts then fitba brilliant LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Can see what you're saying mate but it works perfectly well in the Scandanavian countries. Just doesn't sound practical to me, that we play fitba when the weather is normally the shitest it's been all year and take a break when it's at it's best.

Sweden, for example, only play 30 league games a season, so they would have no problem shutting down for international finals. Not so easy when you are trying to squeeze 38 games into the schedule.

Sweden, for example, only play 30 league games a season, so they would have no problem shutting down for international finals. Not so easy when you are trying to squeeze 38 games into the schedule.

8 extra games isn't a massive amount to schedule over eight months. Plus the Swedes have major tournaments to worry about...not as big an issue for us the now.