Facilities For Disabled Fans

Kmcalpin

I see that the club has applied for planning permission to erect a lift for disabled fans outside the Cooper Stand. Details can be found on NLC's e-Planning page for anyone interested. If it helps our disabled supporters enjoy their football a litlte bit more then it can only be a good thing.

this is a good move altough i have to say i was informed a month back by a blind supporter i know that he is now being charged £10 to watch the games, now i dont know if this is the same for all disabled fans but imho asking a person who cannot see the game to pay a tenner is rediculous!!

Great move by the club,but I think this is more a commercial move than for the supporters. There doing this to allow disabled people to gain access to the cooper suite. In turn this will increase revenue through partys and things. I myself cancelled a party due to bad access for my family.i think to make a better atmosphere for disabled fans we need to seriously look at upgrading the "bus stop". To charge a blind person 10 pounds is disgusting.

firstly im the secretary of Motherwell FC Disabled Supporters Association we had meetings with the club & disabled supporters & the disabled supporters voted to pay for tickets so we have the same rights as other supporters.

1 ALL MONEY RAISED FROM DISABLED TICKET SALES INCLUDING SEASON TICKETS MFCDSA GET TO IMPROVE FACILITIES FOR ALL DISABLED FANS

2 DISABLED FANS DONT WANT FREE TICKETS & ARE HAPPY TO PAY FOR TICKETS ON A WHOLE INC BLIND

3 THE LIFT IN THE COOPER STAND YES IT WILL BE IDEAL FOR PARTIES ETC BUT MOST WHEELCHAIR SUPPORTERS ARE HAPPY IN THE SO CALLED BUS SHELTER TO WATCH THE MATCH ALTHOUGH WE ARE TRYING TO RAISE FUNDS FOR A BETTER LARGER SHELTER IF POSSIBLE

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE MORE INFO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME

First of all, let me dispell any ideas that MFC are trying to profit at the expense of disabled fans.

They have never charged for any disabled fans to attend Fir Park but have bowed to pressure from the fans themselvesduring the close season to allow charging.This brings us into line with most SPL clubs who already charge. Ironically the only clubs who don't charge are the Old Firm!!

We have set up the Motherwell Disabled Supporters Group and the club have generously allowed us to keep any income from sales of season tickets (season ticket holders number in the region of 20 or so) and allow disabled supporters and their carers entry to league games for £150 per year. Non season ticket holders and away fans are currently charged £10 for entry to games.

ALL income is in a seperate bank account and will be used to improve facilities for disabled fans. Already we have created a paved area under the South Stand for away fans so that they can be beside their own supporters instead of being beside home fans in the bus shelter.

I know it sounds very harsh charging blind fans but you cannot discriminate between disabilities and our next project is to purchase a loop system so that blind/visually/hearing impaired fans can hear live commentary of the games.

The installation of a lift in the Cooper stand will be welcome as we will be able to partake of a beveridge or two before games and offer a deal of comfort to watch games although some still prefer where we are as you are quite close to the action although the view isn't all that great.

First of all, let me dispell any ideas that MFC are trying to profit at the expense of disabled fans.

They have never charged for any disabled fans to attend Fir Park but have bowed to pressure from the fans themselvesduring the close season to allow charging.This brings us into line with most SPL clubs who already charge. Ironically the only clubs who don't charge are the Old Firm!!

We have set up the Motherwell Disabled Supporters Group and the club have generously allowed us to keep any income from sales of season tickets (season ticket holders number in the region of 20 or so) and allow disabled supporters and their carers entry to league games for £150 per year. Non season ticket holders and away fans are currently charged £10 for entry to games.

ALL income is in a seperate bank account and will be used to improve facilities for disabled fans. Already we have created a paved area under the South Stand for away fans so that they can be beside their own supporters instead of being beside home fans in the bus shelter.

I know it sounds very harsh charging blind fans but you cannot discriminate between disabilities and our next project is to purchase a loop system so that blind/deaf fans can hear live commentary of the games.

The installation of a lift in the Cooper stand will be welcome as we will be able to partake of a beveridge or two before games and offer a deal of comfort to watch games although some still prefer where we are as you are quite close to the action although the view isn't all that great.

. Was annoyed to here of the charges but sounds like a great organisation you've setup to help bring the club up to speed with what is needed for disabled supporters. Proactive and inspiring

DISABLED FANS DONT WANT FREE TICKETS & ARE HAPPY TO PAY FOR TICKETS ON A WHOLE INC BLIND

Good on you mate. Spoken like true fans. We sometimes go on about some folk cheating the system and the club by abusing schemes but this is the other side of the coin. We have season ticket holders for example who rarely, if ever, see a game and regular PATG fans who give their gate money to FP if they miss a game.

Good luck with your association.

why can a percentage of all ticket and season tickets sale go towards the disable facilities after all we're all Motherwell fans?

It probably does - but our turnover isn't likely enough to cover that plus all the other operating expenses.

1326103762[/url]' post='324547']

why can a percentage of all ticket and season tickets sale go towards the disable facilities after all we're all Motherwell fans?

Feel free to make a donation yourself.

I doubt the club has the funds to improve the facilities for disabled fans when other parts of the ground are in need of repair.

Hopefully the funds that we raise from season ticket sales and match day tickets will eventually mean that we can carry out all the improvements we would like to see without the club having to pay for them.

Obviously major improvements might be outwith our reach but we can certainly do things that our funds will allow.