Ott Abuse Of Players Must End

Yir Elder

Jim Delahun making sure the gesture got aired and suggested it's something that might be picked up by the mystic compliance being

Did he also suggest that Lee Dixon be offered a ban for denying Barrack a goal scoring opportunity and getting off scot free with it?

The SFA has to be careful here. If thats the case and I suspect it is then what we are seeing is selecetive coverage of issues by the media and this is tantamount to censorship & bias.

There was always the real possibility of abuse of the system when trial by TV was being mooted and here is your proof. Bet ye they don't highlight Old Firm 'offences' too much though

Of course, "SunSport understands" means "we're just having a guess that'll make us look good if we're right, but won't make us look too stupid if we're wrong", but anyway:

MICHAEL HIGDON could become the latest top-flight player punished by SFA Compliance Office Vincent Lunny.

SunSport understands the Motherwell striker is facing a possible one-game ban for appearing to aim an offensive gesture at his own fans in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Dundee United at Tannadice.

After his 85th minute equaliser, the Scouser seemed to race to the visiting support and signal his displeasure at abuse he had suffered for missing a number of chances throughout the match.

Lunny will study telly footage today before deciding if Higdon should be charged.

Hibs striker Leigh Griffiths has recently been done TWICE by the no-nonsense Lunny for delivering identical gestures, first to Rangers fans in an SPL game then his own supporters at Cowdenbeath in the Scottish Cup.

Each time he picked up a one-game suspension and is now suspended for next month's fifth-round Cup clash with Kilmarnock.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4078103/SFA-enforcer-targets-Higgy.html#ixzz1kH4jSVq8

This is all getting really tiresome.

We are in real danger of being the orchestrators of our own downfall.

Big Higdon gets dogs abuse on Saturday as he has been all season. He shows his human frailties, reacts with one guesture, yet he is asked by the manager to apologise and will likely get suspended!!!!!

Football administrators have lost the plot, our so called fans have no sense of reality, I do despair for our game.

Yes we have been pish for weeks, but we are still in the cup with a favourable draw and third place is ours for the taking.

What are we all goin to do?

Get behind the team and drive them on to a good finish, or continue with the negative crap and see us slowly slide towards the bottom six?

Time to put up or shut up folks!

• Like 10

It's all pretty pathetic. All football fans are fickle, but for Motherwell it seems to run deeper than that. There seems to be a certain number of Motherwell 'supporters' who go along and actually seem to get some sort of kick out of abusing the same targets each week. And how often do you clock one of these roasters and they turn out to be some fat, red-faced muppet foaming at the mouth and looking like he needs help just climbing a few steps never mind having kicked a ball in his life?

Tommy Coyne said in an interview a few years ago that he seriously to had consider giving Motherwell a wide-berth because the fans were renowned for abusing the fuck out of their own players. Duncan Shearer said in an interview a few years ago that he instantly dismissed the chance to go to Motherwell because the fans were renowned for abusing the fuck out of their own players. That's more than just being a set of averagely fickle football fans. There's got to be something more to it.

I'm not sure what that something is. Perhaps the reason the anti-suicide campaign folk are always hanging about Motherwell is because stats show 'Well fans are more likely to have depression or stress or something, and abusing Higdon, Fitzpatrick, Burns, Adams et al is a way of screaming from the stands at some guy doing their job for a football team in some bizarre attempt to make these fannies feel better about their own lives.

Whatever the reason, it affects us all as 'Well fans because there absolutely no way every single human being that plays for Motherwell can block it out and just get on with their job which in turn simply must be detrimental to performances and therefore results. Fitzpatrick being a good example - he always looked a decent player away from home, stick him in front of the East Stand and that was that. Folk are wondering why we didn't give Henrik a long term deal - maybe it's because McCall knows that all it'll take is a few mistakes before Motherwell supporters start hounding him, and he needs to be sure the Estonian kid has the actual mentality to deal with these morons.

Collectively, I hate Motherwell fans. When I was a kid I used to take great pride in being a part of the Motherwell support, but that's not really the case now. We're all quick to have a go at the Old Firm's percentage of arseholes, but we have a vocal number ourselves. Just because they're not singing about the Queen or the Pope doesn't make them any better when they spit horrendous abuse at Motherwell players.

Good to have a chant of 'one Michael Higdon' at the end of the game on Saturday amongst those of us there to actually support the team, and I don't blame the big man for his gesture in the slightest.

• Like 16

Time for all us like minded fans to shout down the idiots who regularly abuse our own players. If they used their lungs to support the team instead of getting on their backs it might just help some players settle quicker. I have a couple of targets in mind for Tuesday, but need to be careful as these types are the first to run for help and would be likely to report you.

Mon the East Stand - get behind the team.

Higdon is getting the support of his manager and team mates, who are all professionals in the game of football, and that says it all for me really.

All these pr*cks in the Motherwell "support" who continue to give him (and Forbes etc) abuse, what exactly qualifies them to do so?

Never mind the "we pay our money we can say what we want" drivel, if these t*ssers were such experts why are they having to pay to watch football rather than getting paid to play or paid to coach / manage a team?

F*ck sake, I packed shelves in a supermarket years ago, doesn't mean I go into Tesco every week to tell the manager he's a useless c*nt just because his shelves are a bit messy.

Nothing like supporting your team, eh? FFS.....:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

not sure if this has been posted else where but from the bbc gossip...

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall says he will contest any ban dished out to his forward Michael Higdon, a target for critical fans, after TV pictures showed him making a gesture after he scored against Dundee United - McCall believes Higdon was directing his frustration at him, not the fans, and that it was no big deal. (Various)

And McCall wonders if it is the SFA's compliance officer or the person who edits BBC Scotland's Sportscene programme who decides if a player is, or should be, punished. (The Herald, Daily Record)

Mccall trying to deflect attention away from the higdon bashers so they give him less of a hard time tonight? Either way mon the higgy silence the boo boys

Mccall trying to deflect attention away from the higdon bashers so they give him less of a hard time tonight?

Just doing what any good manager should do, shielding his staff from anything that might divert their focus away from getting on with their job.