Ott Abuse Of Players Must End

Yir Elder

Fairly simple...........We are called supporters so lets SUPPORT. it's pretty easy to support when things are going well but guess what........ when things are not going well then that support is needed even more!!

As some people have mentioned everyone has the right to voice their opinion but do they really think that hurling abuse ( wrranted or not ) at players is going to help???? So I think we are not so much stiffling free spech as much as we are making suggestions on how to better support the team when they need that extra bit of support.

I can bet you all of the players know when they have been crap. All they can do is keep working at it day by day until their performance improves. So let's give them some encouragment through the tough times instead of behavingt like spoiled brats cause we are not winning games.

What does it say about our performance as supporters???

C'mon the well.............. we will stil finish 3rd!!!

• Like 1

Out of interest, what is worse? A fan that turns up every week and makes the odd negative comment? Or a fan that only turns up for cup finals/european games?

Doesn't matter. What we are talking about are the fans that turn up every week and continually yell pointless, uniformed, negative comments.

Doesn't matter. What we are talking about are the fans that turn up every week and continually yell pointless, uniformed, negative comments.

So are they better not to turn up at all then?

It's a vicious cycle here- the fans should be more positive, but at the same time we need the players to give us something to be positive about. I think we've had six shots on target in our last three league games - hardly material to raise the roof there.

Don't get me wrong- I'm still relatively positive about this team and Stuart McCall, and am sensible enough to look at the bigger pitcure of the last 18 months rather than the last few weeks so still judge his performance as more than acceptable, but I reserve my right as a hard-working, paying supporter to assemble a lynch-mob with burning torches outside the ground if and when I see fit.

Why is it an either/or? Life's never that simple. How about they turn up and show a wee bit more positive support? No need to be happy clappy.

I don't think I fall into the Happy Clappy or Boo Boy category but I was purely playing devils advocate for the sake of debate. Would you rather our average gate dipped by a thousand to keep the moaners away?

I don't think I fall into the Happy Clappy or Boo Boy category but I was purely playing devils advocate for the sake of debate. Would you rather our average gate dipped by a thousand to keep the moaners away?

I reckon if we get rid of the top 200 wife beaters we'll experience an all round improvement

Well, if you want to play devil's advocate, are we saying the moaners are negatively affecting the players?

If the choice is better entertainment with a more enthusiastic crowd versus less entertainment surrounded by clueless abuse, then I'm firmly in the better entertainment camp.

Interesting to read Henry's thoughts on a similar topic to this

"When I arrived in front of our own fans, I couldn't understand the abuse the team were getting from one of them.

"I wanted to tell the fan in question that we need their support not abuse."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/01/17/SOCCER_Arsenal_Henry.html&BID=165

I have just moved into the East Stand this season, after being in the Cooper since 1996/97 and although I'd read on here about some of the abuse spouted from the East Stand to the players, I didn't realise it was quite as bad.

There is one particular person a few rows behind me who does my thrupenny bits in. I reckon he comes to the game solely to abuse our own players. As you can imagine, Higdon gets the brunt of it. Hateley, Clancy, Humphrey, Daley and Murphy also get an earful. I have had a verbal go at him a couple of times. In the Aberdeen game, the one where the abuse of Higdon was much publicised, this guy berated Murphy every touch until he was substituted, only to shout "Unlucky Jamie son, you're always the scapegoat" when McHugh replaced him which baffled me.

His abuse of Higdon is also very much unwarranted. He seems to shout "Jump" at him so much, ironic shouts of "Jump" every time Higdon has the ball at his feet can be heard around this guy.

We all have our frustrations at our own players, but I really don't see how anyone can see the level of abuse being dished out as beneficial in every way. Just goes to show how many ill informed fans we have who know the square root of fuck all about football.

the abuse of players has been happening for decades, and constantly gets debated on this very website, especially after a defeat. Never ever going to change.

I have said it before, but the Fir Park atmosphere can be poisenous, especially towards our own players. Mental, as the opposition now that if they sit in and let the fans get on the home players back, they've every chance of winning the game.

We all want a winning team, but sometimes frustrations can get the better of certain individuals. I can understand the odd shout of discontent, but for the life of me can't understand why anyone would pay money to abuse our own players every single home game for no reason, other than they dont like them.

It's obvious that the likes of Murphy, Humphrey & other younger players thrive on confidence. Abusing them is never ever going to help.

Hurling abuse in the middle of a game is the most counter-productive thing a fan can do. Every single manager will tell you that.

Decent minded fans can do something about it though. The pumping at Tynecastle the other week turned into a no bad day out because of the party atmosphere in the 'well end for the last half hour. I don't think the players walked off that park with any false impressions either, they know when they're shite regardless of whether some fanny is taking their own life failings out on them or not.

Abuse damages the teams performance. Simple. Fucking bonkers.

Can only echo the same as above. Having never bought a season ticket this year, I've been picking and choosing the games when I can, mainly sitting in the East Stand, bar the cup games against Hibs and Queens Park when we've been in the PoD.

I know the PoD gets a bad rep on here for having as much life about it as Wishaw General's morgue, but fuck me, some of the abuse and comments I've heard in the East this season have left me wondering if I'm 'supporting' the same fucking team as some of the c***s in there.

I despair about certain elements of our support, some players will never be good enough for them. I'm beginning to think they have a list of players and are working through this hit list.

Yet at the same time certain other players seem fireproof irrespective of what they do, and don't even get me started on how they are with the manager !

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene there. Jim Delahun making sure the gesture got aired and suggested it's something that might be picked up by the mystic compliance being - however the footage of the end of the match showing McCall struggling to get Higdon to acknowledge the fans tells the whole story.

What a fuckin travesty of a situation for these knuckle dragging c***s to have created. Those images show the effect this idiotic abuse has on the footballing staff at the club. Giving McCall something to manage that he quite simply shouldn't have to manage.

The message must be quite simple - stay the fuck away

C'mon big Higgy!

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene there. Jim Delahun making sure the gesture got aired and suggested it's something that might be picked up by the mystic compliance being - however the footage of the end of the match showing McCall struggling to get Higdon to acknowledge the fans tells the whole story.

What a fuckin travesty of a situation for these knuckle dragging c***s to have created. Those images show the effect this idiotic abuse has on the footballing staff at the club. Giving McCall something to manage that he quite simply shouldn't have to manage.

The message must be quite simple - stay the fuck away

C'mon big Higgy!

Feckin disgrace its got to this stage............ :wank: the lot of them !