The Well Society

stuwell

Is it a bit much to start up a thread with strictly only questions for the society then take them to them for answers, in order to get some structured answers in one movement? I'd be more than happy to put them all together after say a 2 week period and sit with one of the society board members and go through them with them and report back

• Like 1

Is it a bit much to start up a thread with strictly only questions for the society then take them to them for answers, in order to get some structured answers in one movement? I'd be more than happy to put them all together after say a 2 week period and sit with one of the society board members and go through them with them and report back

Sounds a good idea my man.

• Like 1

Why does that matter? Non members may be convinced to join based on the answers they receive.

Clearly a number of us have questions about the Society's position in relation to the club and Les Hutchison. Some questions/answers may be new and some may be buried away in old emails or press releases. Whatever, I think it would be to the Society's benefit to explain the situation and to answer questions.

Why does my question matter? I wanted to gauge whether those who had questions were already members and consequently, in theory at least, should know more and but had concerns which could influence their future attitude towards the Society OR whether they were non members who might join if the answers satisfied them OR were non members who would simply not join end of.

Yeah I agree . Things have become a bit blurred and it may be helpful to collate a few questions we could present to them so they could collectively give us some definitive answers . For this to work I believe it would need to be a collective statement from all of the three parties so we know as fans they are collectively all singing from the same hymnbook . From there I believe we could possibly kick on . I am still in favour of this project happening and believe it is a wonderfull opportunity . I know after speaking to st mirren and killie fans they would bite your hand off to secure there clubs future in this way if given the opportunity . We have this opportunity and I urge the board to work there socks off to convince people to join up . Find our level ? . No thanks . Ask St mirren Morton Dunfermline and even our friendly neighbours Clydebank fans if there happy the've found there level . Think I know what the answer might be and it ends in ...off !!!!!!

I would like to think that the Well Society board, or their newly employed member of staff, will be aware of the sentiments being expressed over recent pages on this thread. They have an account on here, have answered questions and made posts in the past. Whilst it would be unreasonable to expect them to respond to every question posed about the WS, in the immediate aftermath of each communication release released I would certainly expect them to be looking in on sites like ours to see if the message they intended to get across has been received as they hoped.

Clearly there is a desire from many for answers following recent interviews and communications and with talk of "challenges being set and accepted" it would surely be wise for the WS to engage as a matter of urgency with the people asking those questions.

For me I'd like to see them throw the floor open to take questions from all interested parties. Set a cut off point for those questions to be received and respond as quickly and as fully as possible via a youtube style video that will mean geography won't be the barrier it would be if another meeting was held at Fir Park. It would also have the added benefit of being there to be accessed and referred back to to offer clarity further down the line.

We have a media team and the facilities to host such a "conference" are already at the club so I wouldn't think it would be difficult to arrange.

• Like 1

I would like to think that the Well Society board, or their newly employed member of staff, will be aware of the sentiments being expressed over recent pages on this thread. They have an account on here, have answered questions and made posts in the past. Whilst it would be unreasonable to expect them to respond to every question posed about the WS, in the immediate aftermath of each communication release released I would certainly expect them to be looking in on sites like ours to see if the message they intended to get across has been received as they hoped.

Clearly there is a desire from many for answers following recent interviews and communications and with talk of "challenges being set and accepted" it would surely be wise for the WS to engage as a matter of urgency with the people asking those questions.

For me I'd like to see them throw the floor open to take questions from all interested parties. Set a cut off point for those questions to be received and respond as quickly and as fully as possible via a youtube style video that will mean geography won't be the barrier it would be if another meeting was held at Fir Park. It would also have the added benefit of being there to be accessed and referred back to to offer clarity further down the line.

We have a media team and the facilities to host such a "conference" are already at the club so I wouldn't think it would be difficult to arrange.

Good suggestion and a reasonable approach.

I would think it's a certainty that Society Board members are aware of the comments in this forum, either through logging on or by word of mouth. To me, if they choose not to respond to the points raised, that will speak volumes. All that every Motherwell fan wants is the Club to prosper and eventually become self sufficient, hopefully with the support of a strong Well Society. Positive answers to the points raised may lessen the concerns that people have and assist the Society develop as required. Surely for that reason alone there must be some sort of official response.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We have just updated the FAQ section of the website, however I understand some of your spefic questions may not be in there. If you can have a look through the website and send us across any additional questions you have to well.society@motherwellfc.co.uk and we will answer and publish as many as we can.

Happy to also provide more detail where necessary on any of the topics raised.

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/qa/

Edited by TheWellSociety
  • Like 2

5/6 are out of contract in summer. Don't get me wrong Moult is good business and Fletcher may prove to be too. However, a club that's looking to be self sustainable should be running with a slimmer squad.

I was under the impression that both Moult and Fletcher were both signed for longer than one year? Therefore surely it's not 5/6 that are out of contract?

I do agree with your general point though. We seem to be back to the situation that we had in the second half of last season with a larger squad in some areas than may seem necessary. With everyone fit, we will have Pearson, Lasley, Leitch, Grimshaw, Taylor and Cadden vying for two midfield spots. Up front, similarly we have Moult, Fletcher, Robinson, McDonald and Clarkson with only two spots to play for. Obviously, I'm not privy to how much each player is earning but does suggest a lot of salary will spend a great deal of time on the bench or in the stands...

I was under the impression that both Moult and Fletcher were both signed for longer than one year? Therefore surely it's not 5/6 that are out of contract?

We paid a transfer fee for Moult and signed him up for 3 years. Fletcher signed for 1 year with a 1 year option - I suspect we hedged our bets given his injury record.

Got to wonder what impact what we are seeing on the park will have on sign ups. Can't help but feel if all was well and we were flying we would see a fair few more signing up to the cause. An infrastructure and coaching staff being put in place but having a some what negative impact thus far doesn't bode well for building for the future. Put the infrastructure and team in place but it needs a leader to take it forward! That vital ingredient is what we are missing at present so are we wasting time and energies as a result ?

Got to wonder what impact what we are seeing on the park will have on sign ups. Can't help but feel if all was well and we were flying we would see a fair few more signing up to the cause. An infrastructure and coaching staff being put in place but having a some what negative impact thus far doesn't bode well for building for the future. Put the infrastructure and team in place but it needs a leader to take it forward! That vital ingredient is what we are missing at present so are we wasting time and energies as a result ?

Crowds will fall and Well Society sign-ups will stall IMO. At one of the most critical times in the club's history we're amateur on and off the park.

The infrastructure we have put into the club in the last few months is the most professional we have had for years. Just because it hasn't provided instant results doesn't mean it's not better than it was.

You don't just put a successful team together over the summer. If you did, the SPFL would be full of them every August.

The infrastructure we have put into the club in the last few months is the most professional we have had for years. Just because it hasn't provided instant results doesn't mean it's not better than it was.

You don't just put a successful team together over the summer. If you did, the SPFL would be full of them every August.

Really? What has been put in place that the average (amateur) fan wouldn't have done if given the budget?

For info from an EMail I received today after sending in a few questions.

I have passed your questions on to chairman Brian McCafferty. Brian is travelling at the moment however will send on a response as soon as possible. Our board member Tom Feely who deals with the accounts will also be able to provide you with full accurate figures as soon as he returns from holiday in Canada.

We are also arranging a Q&A over the next couple of weeks. We are looking at having one event where members send in their questions for the board which will be recorded and put on our website and another live event. I will keep you posted on the details.