The Well Society

stuwell

My concern is that the Well Society is solely a fund raising venture. Time will tell on that one.

The thing is I don't believe any club has sought the opinion of their own support on league reconstruction. Mainly because I believe the Clubs want it, realise the fans won't be keen, and that's that.

The thing is I don't believe any club has sought the opinion of their own support on league reconstruction. Mainly because I believe the Clubs want it, realise the fans won't be keen, and that's that.

the society board doesn't need the club's permission to consult the members.

if they sit back and do nothing while this 8-8-8 gets pushed through they open them to accusations that they are too close to dempster and co and don't want to cause them any problems.

the society board doesn't need the club's permission to consult the members.

if they sit back and do nothing while this 8-8-8 gets pushed through they open them to accusations that they are too close to dempster and co and don't want to cause them any problems.

I think it's natural that a certain closeness will occur. However, using it to prolong/maintain positions when/if things don't go well is another issue.

Again, though surely the time to consult members has now passed? This could have been done a wee while ago, as evidenced by this thread, and now comes across as very last minute.

Growing increasingly concerned at these crazy proposals being bulldozed through, i EMailed the Society to clarify whether discussions with the club had taken place and to ask whether members would be consulted. I also made comment to the effect that the silence from MFC was deafening.

I received a very prompt response from Leanne Dempster advising that Motherwell had not been involved in the drawing up of the proposal and as yet had had no formal proposal provided to them by the working party (involving 7 SPL Clubs). Because they have not received this formal proposal, they have opted to make no comment to date. When the proposal is eventually placed before them, they will consider it in detail and also consult with the Well Society Board.

I am aware that Petder Lawwell states he has full SPL backing but this does not fit in with what our club have told me. Given Mr Lawwell's performance in pushing the proposals throughout this whole saga, I have no doubt Leanne is being up front with us..

My major concern is that certain SPL officials and some of the media have an agenda to push this therough with minimal consultation being possible

Stephen Thompson of Dundee United now advising caution and confirming that they too have not been presented with a formal proposal for consideration. Does make you wonder about Lawwell's statement that the proposals have the full backing of all SPL teams. That's us and United saying they have not made any decision and are awaiting the formal proposal. Somebody's telling porkies. Make up your own mind.

Growing increasingly concerned at these crazy proposals being bulldozed through, i EMailed the Society to clarify whether discussions with the club had taken place and to ask whether members would be consulted. I also made comment to the effect that the silence from MFC was deafening.

I received a very prompt response from Leanne Dempster advising that Motherwell had not been involved in the drawing up of the proposal and as yet had had no formal proposal provided to them by the working party (involving 7 SPL Clubs)

why is leeann dempster replying to emails to the well society?

Somebody's telling porkies.

Or possibly just playing word games… it's not inconceivable that the clubs have agreed the general idea in principle without a formal proposal existing as yet for any club to officially comment on (or, in our case, put to their supporters).

Leanne Dempster replied because I specifically mentioned her in my EMail and commented that it was disappointing we had not heard a word from her regarding the restructuring of the leagues. The paranoia on this site is unbelievable at times and is only outdone by the determination of a few to find negatives in everything.

• Like 2

Possibly all that's required is a bit more clarity Denny.

If when you state that you've emailed The Well Society I don't think it's unreasonable to have eyebrows raised a little when you then say you've had a reply from MFC's chief-exec.

I mean did you email the Well Society but CC in Leeann? That being the case then it would make sense that she would reply.

But given the Well Society has for the past few months had it's own board it would seem odd, if as it appears in your posts, that you've emailed the Well Society but had a reply from someone else just because they happened to be referred to in your email.

Either way the insight from Leeann via your posts is certainly appreciated.

Point taken Andy P, I could have made that a little clearer.

Because I had severely criticised MFC for their lack of comment, I was actually encouraged to receive a reply from the Chief Exec and thought nothing odd about it. Guess I was just relieved to hear our club were telling us that no decision had been made as yet and thought people would latch onto that rather than debate the source

Point taken Andy P, I could have made that a little clearer.

Because I had severely criticised MFC for their lack of comment, I was actually encouraged to receive a reply from the Chief Exec and thought nothing odd about it. Guess I was just relieved to hear our club were telling us that no decision had been made as yet and thought people would latch onto that rather than debate the source

This is Steelmen Online, come on Denny negatives always outweigh the positives :rolleyes::thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ticked off that, once again, overseas members (and others who can't make the journey on Saturday) are being excluded from the discussion.

Sent this off to Alison, but not hopeful.

Hi Alison,

While I'm glad to see that League Reconstruction is being discussed by the Well Society on Saturday, I'm disappointed that, once again, overseas (and non-local domestic) members are being excluded from direct participation in the discussion.

There isn't much point in me sending someone on my behalf to ask questions when I have no idea exactly what issues are up for discussion and what is being said in relation to those issues.

Most businesses run conference calls for shareholders' meetings (and often record them for playback). I think it would be a good idea for the Well Society to do the same. There was a big push to have membership from across the country and across the globe. If you want that membership to increase, we need the opportunity to participate directly in these major decisions.

Thanks and Regards

Suppose that makes me a non-local-domestic.

To throw the cat amongst the pigeons .......... most of us on here have absolutely no insight of the financial ramifications to MFC of the 12-12-18 or the status quo ---- yet we expect to have our say. And there lies a serious issue, ignorance is not bliss on this occasion.

• Like 3

Ticked off that, once again, overseas members (and others who can't make the journey on Saturday) are being excluded from the discussion.

Sent this off to Alison, but not hopeful.

The Well Society twitter feed discusses this they had looked at it but don't think can get it up and running in time (was discussed at last meeting), they plan to have live twitter updates so people who cannot be there can participate.

clicky

That was the best I could come up with on the spur of the moment!

To throw the cat amongst the pigeons .......... most of us on here have absolutely no insight of the financial ramifications to MFC of the 12-12-18 or the status quo ---- yet we expect to have our say. And there lies a serious issue, ignorance is not bliss on this occasion.

That is why the board need to share the details with us at the Society meetings. They have our money, so we should see the financials.

Whilst not naive or thick enough to not understand the financial side of things, its important to remember we're a football club and no' a fuckin bank.

Until we get back to realising the core of our existence is football and not finance then the beautiful game is fucked

Suppose that makes me a non-local-internationalist ;)

The response.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of the issues regarding keeping our overseas and not so local members involved, and this is one of the action points our newly formed Communications, Media and Publicity Committee will be looking at.

Unfortunately, we don’t have the facilities available to us at this time to enable a conference call and the Wi-Fi signal isn't guaranteed in the Centenary Suite, however we will be happy to look at any other options or ideas you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

I don't really know much about technological things but how difficult would it be to run a cable from a mic in the room to a computer which has internet access to broadcast what's said. Would still require a way by which points could be raised by those listening but while far from ideal surely being able to "listen in" would be better than nothing?

I don't really know much about technological things but how difficult would it be to run a cable from a mic in the room to a computer which has internet access to broadcast what's said.

That part's easy enough, sounds like the stumbling block is the dodgy WiFi signal. (Assuming they don't have any wired ethernet points in the Centenary Suite.)

May I suggest two plastic cups and huuuuuuuuuuge length of string :rolleyes: .

That might be our best approach.

I was hoping we could get the MFC TV commentary team to do a live broadcast.

"THAT'S A TERRIBLE DECISION FROM DEPMSTER THERE!! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!"

etc.