The Well Society

stuwell

Could this meeting now be viewed as a bit of a waste of time given that the SFL have said they want a 12-12-10-10 system rather than the 12-12-18 proposal? Surely, it'd be much more helpful if the SPL, SFL, SFA could agree on one proposal before we hear the impact to MFC. Just thinking that what we hear tomorrow, might be completely different to what the impact will be come March should we go with a 12-12-10-10 proposal.

Could this meeting now be viewed as a bit of a waste of time given that the SFL have said they want a 12-12-10-10 system rather than the 12-12-18 proposal? Surely, it'd be much more helpful if the SPL, SFL, SFA could agree on one proposal before we hear the impact to MFC. Just thinking that what we hear tomorrow, might be completely different to what the impact will be come March should we go with a 12-12-10-10 proposal.

Maybe they should guage fans opinions first and stop wasting everyones time by trying to sell us something we've made clear we don't want.

From well society twitter.

Meeting closed with a show of hands voting to support change to 12-12-18. The club also agreed to hold a meeting with the support in general

Surprised at this given so many people on here were against this system or was it the only thing the club seen as viable?

Im pretty amazed and gutted with that result.

From my point of view any small add on benefits from the board rooms point of view do not take away the fact that this split, resetting of points etc etc is completely Mickey Mouse. Stay in top 8 and play same teams over and over and over again. Its a yawn fest.

Not gonna go down the road of throwing my dummy out the pram but can safely say 3 season tickets in my house will not be renewed. Will pick a few attractive fixtures next season and leave it at that to guage how it goes, but definitely against it.

I guess that explains why they kept a lot of us from listening/voting.

But if we do get shafted in the new set up, we can't complain as a Society.

Best case playing same teams over and over and over and over and over again

Worst case having a bad start then playing out season against 1st div clubs, after paying money to see prem league

Be cracking that no ones gonna moan about this :thumbup:

Brazilian sent a few tweets from inside. I guess the nuts of it is that Scottish football has got itself into such a precarious position with sponsorship / funding, that this proposal is the only way forward and will provide us (and teams around and below) significantly improved share of the cake short term.

Brazilian sent a few tweets from inside. I guess the nuts of it is that Scottish football has got itself into such a precarious position with sponsorship / funding, that this proposal is the only way forward and will provide us (and teams around and below) significantly improved share of the cake short term.

And there lies the problem with scottish football... Its finished :wallbash:

And there lies the problem with scottish football... Its finished :wallbash:

It sounds like we really are at the bottom of the trough and the next set of developments will define survival or death.

I just can't believe that the proposed set up is the best proposal to prolong the life of Scottish football.

Doncaster was right after all - Armageddon is here

The bottom line is that a number of loyal and dedicated Motherwell fans went along today with an open mind and sided with the board and the proposed changes.

There are so many panty wetters and doom mongers on this board it is unreal. A fair % don`t even attend games and a fair % were against the idea before actually listening to the facts and any direct implications for Motherwell FC.

Me - I intend continuing to support Motherwell FC what ever league we play in and whatever the structure is. Do I think it will work long term - possible not, but I am for giving it a chance. I absolutely love the comments about playing the same teams again and again. That would be different from the current structure - how??????

Feel free to kick off........

• Like 5

The bottom line is that a number of loyal and dedicated Motherwell fans went along today with an open mind and sided with the board and the proposed changes.

There are so many panty wetters and doom mongers on this board it is unreal. A fair % don`t even attend games and a fair % were against the idea before actually listening to the facts and any direct implications for Motherwell FC.

Me - I intend continuing to support Motherwell FC what ever league we play in and whatever the structure is. Do I think it will work long term - possible not, but I am for giving it a chance. I absolutely love the comments about playing the same teams again and again. That would be different from the current structure - how??????

Feel free to kick off........

The problem is that football shouldn't be about stumbling from life belt to life belt.

Are you seriously saying that playing each other 4 times per season does not create a situation where teams know each other inside out?

Playing each other twice would be significantly different would it not?

This short sighted survival at all costs / depending on the same brave souls turning up week in week out really won't sustain it. Eventually you'll be sitting yourself (no matter how wonderful, committed and better than the rest of us you are)

At some point well have to fix the structure of Scottish football so it isn't the laughing stock of the world.

I reiterate there are other structures available for the leagues.

There are other ways of distributing wealth

There are other leaders of governing bodies

There are better negotiators

Playing each other twice would mean a top league of 18. That is a fanciful and non sensical as any other set up. You would have crowds of 2000 at Fir Park for so many meaningless games. In a nutshell your response shows how no set up will please everyone. I am more inclined to favour whatever suits Motherwell FC well being. The board a obviously made it clear today that meant accepting the proposed changes. I am willing to wager that they have studied the implications 10 times more than the majority of posters onnhere .

PS - if you choose to believe my post makes me a better supporter than you. Feel free.

• Like 3

Look folks, everyone is gonna have different views on it.

As Ive said previously I don't like the proposals and will watch next year in stages before dishing in hundreds of £s on season books which at present I dont exactly have spare.

For those at the meeting today I would be interested to know what the clubs response was to how they would price season books with there being a possibility of playing in different leagues in the same season?

Also their plans to get punters back through the gates (the main problem in scottish football)? or is it a case of crossing fingers and praying for a miracle

Just asking before anyone starts taking huge offence

Playing each other twice would mean a top league of 18. That is a fanciful and non sensical as any other set up. You would have crowds of 2000 at Fir Park for so many meaningless games. In a nutshell your response shows how no set up will please everyone. I am more inclined to favour whatever suits Motherwell FC well being. The board a obviously made it clear today that meant accepting the proposed changes. I am willing to wager that they have studied the implications 10 times more than the majority of posters onnhere .

PS - if you choose to believe my post makes me a better supporter than you. Feel free.

If you don't know what parts of your posts gave that impression then you should maybe read it again.

There are other proposals out there that are a compromise that could be explored - a 16 team leage 2x15 core games and a split giving an extra 7 games following that that would give 37 games in total. You'll play 7 teams 3 times but you won't be reduced to 0 points after the new year.

Me - I intend continuing to support Motherwell FC what ever league we play in and whatever the structure is. Do I think it will work long term - possible not, but I am for giving it a chance.

100% agree Iain. I couldn't attend the meeting and ostensibly don't like the idea but realise there's more to this than meets the eye. Logic would dictate that the Board of Directors with their knowledge of the situation would not knowingly harm MFC by voting for backing proposals they believed to be totally wrong.

I intend to find out more about the ins and outs before submitting my views to the Society.