Season Tickets 2012/13 Thread

David

Fair comment SD, perhaps a poor choice of word on my part using the word boycott.

However it be interpreted or whatever the right phrase for it is - folk walking away, choosing not to return or being sufficiently disillusioned not to return, all I was attempting to say that I'm not at the point yet to consider giving the season ticket a miss.

Yeah, as I mentioned in another thread, this isn't a protest. At least not on my part. It's simply a case of waiting to see if the SPL is actually worth spending my hard earned cash on.

If it turns out that special rules and allowances are made to certain clubs, then I'm done with it. I'll be there for our cup games and European games obviously, but the SPL league campaign will have lost its integrity in my eyes.

Yeah, as I mentioned in another thread, this isn't a protest. At least not on my part. It's simply a case of waiting to see if the SPL is actually worth spending my hard earned cash on.

If it turns out that special rules and allowances are made to certain clubs, then I'm done with it. I'll be there for our cup games and European games obviously, but the SPL league campaign will have lost its integrity in my eyes.

It's very likely that this debacle with it's postponements, appeals etc. is going to rumble on long past the season ticket buying deadline.

Boycott is the wrong word Andy

A lot of guys I used t see at games don't go any more because their view has changed about what they spend their money on and how they view the club - they haven't 'boycotted'

I'm pretty sure if things pan out like they could folk would just change their view on football as a whole - it isn't a 'boycott'. It's just viewing top level football differently and dare I say it 'walking away'

A boycott is taking a stance to effect a response from a target (i.e.the club(s))

What will happen with this situation is that if a particular situation transpires then it will just drive people away.

Some folk are just waiting to see how it pans out

Good post SteveDiggle ,Ive went on about the Rangers situation as well but the bottom line is, i'm not buying a season ticket next year because as you say "my view has changed about what I spend my money on " and "i'm viewing top level football differently " .I haven't changed my view of the club and i will still go to a good number of games but i just cant be arsed going week in week out anymore. Simples.

Good post SteveDiggle ,Ive went on about the Rangers situation as well but the bottom line is, i'm not buying a season ticket next year because as you say "my view has changed about what I spend my money on " and "i'm viewing top level football differently " .I haven't changed my view of the club and i will still go to a good number of games but i just cant be arsed going week in week out anymore. Simples.

You do know that makes you less of a fan than those who buy a season ticket, right? Your opinions on this forum will therefore be less valid.

You do know that makes you less of a fan than those who buy a season ticket, right? Your opinions on this forum will therefore be less valid.

If he doesnt go to the games it certainly will make his observations, thoughts and opinions less valid than those that do.

In theory of course

In reality those on this forum who act like Mother Goose sitting tapping furiously away in their living rooms on their keyboard with their head probes telling those actually at the games what to wear , what to sing and what players are playing well will still see themselves as the Fathers of the Motherwell support , the oracles of all knowledge and the first to petulantly stamp their feet when they dont get a personal letter from Leeann Dempster over their petted lipped threats to boycott .

:popcorn:

• Like 1

In reality those on this forum who act like Mother Goose sitting tapping furiously away in their living rooms on their keyboard with their head probes telling those actually at the games what to wear , what to sing and what players are playing well will still see themselves as the Fathers of the Motherwell support , the oracles of all knowledge and the first to petulantly stamp their feet when they dont get a personal letter from Leeann Dempster over their petted lipped threats to boycott .

Despite those involved telling you repeatedly that they aren't "boycotting" or "protesting" you go on ahead with your hilarious banter.

If A happens i'll renew. If B happens i wont.

Im waiting to see what happens to decide whether to support my club or not , if they dont do what i want then i wont.

But it wont be a protest or a boycott.

But i will post about it on here every 5 minutes and will still be on here as Motherwell's greatest fan as really its the attention im after

:fan:

• Like 1

Well I've just bought my first season ticket, at the request of my boy :) Davie Cooper stand here we go!!!!

Cracking value me thinks.

I know theres all this stuff going on with Rangers, and as just a casual fan who enjoys popping along to games here there and everywhere, I can understand people may feel let down in certain circumstances, but punishing your own club seems strange to me. Clubs always make decisions that fans dont agree with, but generally folk just get on with it. The folk making decisons rightly or wrongly are making the decision based on whats right for their own clubs.

Anyway hoping for a good season, hoping my son takes to the Well and avoids the nonsense delivered at other places.

• Like 2

Seems to go in circles but its not "punishing the club" I think if rangers get back in then some people will just be scunnered with Scottish football.

I totally understand that. Scottish football is a frustrating place for a number of reasons. I just feel sorry (in a way) for club owners who had nothing to do with Rangers downfall and are now on the verge of fighting their own fans as a result of it. Personally I hope the clubs do show a strong backbone. But it is just a 'hope'.

If A happens i'll renew. If B happens i wont.

Im waiting to see what happens to decide whether to support my club or not , if they dont do what i want then i wont.

But it wont be a protest or a boycott.

But i will post about it on here every 5 minutes and will still be on here as Motherwell's greatest fan as really its the attention im after

:fan:

:blink:

'hope'.

Welcome on board dmacd, its great that the clubs pricing is still bringing casual fans in for more games

and its good that your boy is so keen, dont let others influence that

the likes of me are just scunnered that we've been pumping money in for years, yet our money seems to be always given less consideration than TV and old firm cash. To then have concerns that sporting integrity will get over-looked, has some thinking its just not worth it , A lot still to pan out off course but guess the forum is for opinions to be aired and the what if scenarios to be considered.

Enjoy the Cooper next season

Welcome on board dmacd, its great that the clubs pricing is still bringing casual fans in for more games

and its good that your boy is so keen, dont let others influence that

the likes of me are just scunnered that we've been pumping money in for years, yet our money seems to be always given less consideration than TV and old firm cash. To then have concerns that sporting integrity will get over-looked, has some thinking its just not worth it , A lot still to pan out off course but guess the forum is for opinions to be aired and the what if scenarios to be considered.

Enjoy the Cooper next season

Cheers mate :)

A queue out the door earlier today when i passed and seemed constant enough yesterday when i was up getting mine and then up that way again later in the day.

We must have near as many free ST holders now as we do paying.Have we had a match where theres been a shortage of tickets yet since the Wellevate or free Cooper kids schemes came in ? This place should be good if a small Europa allocation gets gobbled up by free kids season ticket holders in a ballot :popcorn:

Heres hoping that come these Fir Park European nights when the old place will be crackling with atmosphere those whos support is dependent on the currant buns scenario are stuck behind a pole and sitting themselves or tucked away in a boring corner of the South with folk who dont know if we're the ones in Claret and Amber or the other ones. :ph34r:

Heres hoping that come these Fir Park European nights when the old place will be crackling with atmosphere those whos support is dependent on the currant buns scenario are stuck behind a pole and sitting themselves or tucked away in a boring corner of the South with folk who dont know if we're the ones in Claret and Amber or the other ones. :ph34r:

:doh:

A queue out the door earlier today when i passed and seemed constant enough yesterday when i was up getting mine and then up that way again later in the day.

We must have near as many free ST holders now as we do paying.Have we had a match where theres been a shortage of tickets yet since the Wellevate or free Cooper kids schemes came in ? This place should be good if a small Europa allocation gets gobbled up by free kids season ticket holders in a ballot :popcorn:

I'll second that...

Aye imagine supporting yer club in a meaningful fashion

The internet is where the backing is really needed

Goooooooooo Cyber'Well

Aye, very good mate. I'v been going to 'Well games for 26 years, so the decision not to return to SPL matches isn't one I've taken lightly.

There has to be a point though where enough is enough. There's no way in Hell the SPL or the other member clubs of this league would react in the same forgiving way if it were the likes of Hibs, Hearts, ourselves or Dundee United who had did what Rangers did.

It's simply a case of one set of rules for the big two, and another set for the rest of us. What makes it even worse is the fact that it appears that those who run the clubs who have been shafted are more than happy to aid in ensuring that we continue to get shafted.

Fuck that. I'd rather walk away than waste my hard earned on a league that's pretty much rigged so that the big two succeed whilst the rest of us fight for whatever's left.

• Like 2