Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

if you clap for everyone it means nothing.

it has to be for people you especially respect. i know nothing about this guy other than his boy plays for killie and he died at hampden.

I actually agree with this sentiment however I'll clap because it's the decent thing to do. If a group of people feel the need to show respect for anyone under any circumstance and I'm there at the time then I'll join them in that. It simply looks insulting not to clap.

Bit like Calderwoods comments about the minutes silence for Uncle Phil. While I think there was a degree of sense in what he was saying, under the circumstances he should not have went public with those comments.

Aaanyway, fitba. Hoping for a huge crowd from both sets of fans, I reckon we'll take close to 1000 down due to the magnitude of the game (much like every game between now and the end of season) and the reduced prices.

Tight game - 3-2 Motherwell.

Killie played well there on sunday, but they looked dodgy at the back on several occasions!

If we can get OJ and humph running at them there could be a few goals in it! I personally didn't think they looked that good going forward so I'm sayin 3-1 to the well, OJ+ Higdon x2

Kilmarnock missing several key men it seems.........

KILMARNOCK boss Kenny Shiels has ruled out being able to turn Sunday’s Old Firm game into an SPL title decider by taking points off Motherwell at Rugby Park.

The man whose team beat Celtic to win the first trophy of the season at Hampden last weekend admits he’s missing too many players to give the Steelmen a game.

Personal tragedy will prevent Liam Kelly from turning out against the Lanarkshire side who are chasing Rangers for second place in the SPL and winning a place in the Champions League qualifiers.

And Shiels will also be without his son, Dean, on top of Danny Buijs, Mo Sissoko and David Silva from his Scottish Communities League Cup-winning side.

A home win, or even a draw, would deny Well and set Celtic up for a possible championship-winning party at Ibrox on Sunday.

But Shiels said: "We'll struggle to give Motherwell a game. The players' appetite is good but sometimes you have to be wary of lethargy after a cup final win.

"It’s only human nature to pat yourself on the back for a job well done."

Kenny Shiels is doing to us exactly what he did to Celtic last week. He is taking the presure off his players and placing it firmly at our camp. It worked for him last week, therefore the question is will it work this week?

Time will only tell.

Doubt it, and I don't honestly think it worked last week either. It's just blether for the newspapers, be surprised if any professional actually took any notice of what players and managers say in the papers.

This game is meaningless for us. I don't think KS is playing games, if anything he's trying to wind up tims about ruining their party at ibrox.

We have got quite a few players injured/suspended but should still field a decent enough side. They were off Monday/Tuesday but most players were back Wed. Apart from Lee Johnson who was sitting B License in England. That maybe shows how seriously we are taking!

Half price train booked (thanks Jay for bringing that link up). Really looking forward to the game. Carrie out on the train will be interesting as i am on the train from Lanark to Glasgow before meeting a few guys to head down so i am going to look like a Jackie drinking my self but i dont give a fuck. Is there a pub near the ground or the station to drink in before the game as i usual drive down? Think we will destroy Kilmarnock 4 or 5.

Mind games. Watch him burst like a ripe tomato after the game if Killie get a result. I am impressed with Killie's results against the OF this season. Very good. I am not convinced by KS as a manager. Not as good as he thinks he is and I believe he will get found out next season.

Half price train booked (thanks Jay for bringing that link up). Really looking forward to the game. Carrie out on the train will be interesting as i am on the train from Lanark to Glasgow before meeting a few guys to head down so i am going to look like a Jackie drinking my self but i dont give a fuck. Is there a pub near the ground or the station to drink in before the game as i usual drive down? Think we will destroy Kilmarnock 4 or 5.

Portmann is 2 mins walk to away end. Spurts bar in ground and hotel allow away fans.

Portmann has decent beer garden.

If you take 500 off us, you still won't be able to wipe smile off my face!!

Mind games. Watch him burst like a ripe tomato after the game if Killie get a result. I am impressed with Killie's results against the OF this season. Very good. I am not convinced by KS as a manager. Not as good as he thinks he is and I believe he will get found out next season.

I can only see us getting better. Some cracking youngsters coming through and KS has made some very good long term signings.

I can only see us getting better. Some cracking youngsters coming through and KS has made some very good long term signings.

I think the League Cup success has papered over the cracks. Which is perfectly understandable. Easy route to Final but the win on Sunday was tremendous.

However, he can't have won much more than 10 league games since he became boss about a year ago and that must be close to 40 in charge. He HAS had a pretty decent budget and SHOULD have finished in the top six. His outbursts in reference to matters at other Clubs range from naive to embarrassing to obvious mind games (announced as such after they have worked that is).