Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Kilmarnock are going to be missing both of their recognised centre-backs by the look of it, with the other one seemingly injured in the cup final. They'll either be full of confidence, or still living today next week and have their eye well and truly off the ball. Be an interesting game, although one I'd be looking for us to push on for second with a win.

Kilmarnock are going to be missing both of their recognised centre-backs by the look of it, with the other one seemingly injured in the cup final. They'll either be full of confidence, or still living today next week and have their eye well and truly off the ball. Be an interesting game, although one I'd be looking for us to push on for second with a win.

Hard to say which Killie will turn up. Although with us when we won the cup we were living the Final for a full season after! 91/92 was one of the worst seasons ever!

It's a massive game though, especially with Celtic playing Rangers. Since there isn't much chance of Killie making the Top 6, maybe they have seen out their season while we still have something competitive to fight for. Hope it goes that way anyway as the next two matches are a huge opportunity for us.

Looking forward to this one - don't know why, but I like going down to their lego effort.

I've no doubt it will be a close game, but see no reason why we can't come away with a result as long as we apply ourselves correctly - as for the team, thought the 3 young lads where superb yesterday, and none of them deserve to lose their place in the team, but it's still a big prize we're after, so sense tells me that we have to play our strongest team when they're all fit and available, and this would probably put Clancy and Hutch back in.

Times like this I'm glad it's SMcC's shout - and whatever he goes with will be good enough for me.

As for today, well done Killie for giving us a right good laugh at the 'We are too good for this country' Munchers, and I sincerely hope Kelly's Dad is ok

MON RA DOSSERS

I would hope they would parade the trophey again on Saturday. I hope our fans there give them a great round of applause if they do.

And I hope when we beat them their fans return the favour as we take second place from Rangers :drinks:

Mon the diddy teams.

Think I'll get a few drink and get the train to this one, make a wee day of it.

2-1 Motherwell

• Like 1

It's just typical that Killie have been gash for weeks but as we are due to play them they will be brimming with confidence. In saying that though their season is over so if we get in about them from the off they might lose interest not wanting to pick up an injury in a game that means nothing to them. Geez Dunfermline humped them at home so surely we can at least score this time around.

Knee-jerk-itis strikes again. Page, who just days ago was never a top-flight defender and who should in no way be given a new contract, now needs to remain at the heart of our defence, ahead of people who have proved themselves over a number of games, because of one impressive performance.

• Like 1

sad news re Kelly's dad. Reminds us all its only a game. Can't imagine how the Killie boys are feeling on what should be the best week of their lives.

Still want the points though:(

Knee-jerk-itis strikes again. Page, who just days ago was never a top-flight defender and who should in no way be given a new contract, now needs to remain at the heart of our defence, ahead of people who have proved themselves over a number of games, because of one impressive performance.

How do you expect Page to prove himself over a number of games if you're willing to dump him after his MOTM performance on Saturday??

Just bought five of us return train briefs - £3.90 each thanks to Scotrail's March Madness. thumbup.gif

With this on offer, us chasing 2nd and Killies success at the weekend, would it not be logical to reduce the gate prices to say £15/£10, get a much healthier crowd in? Am sure Killie would get a spin off all there cup winning merchandise they will bring out, make up the difference no problem!!

Just a thought like.

• Like 2

I wasnt at the game on sat but everyone Ive spoken to and in all the papers, Page was MOTM. So for me, theres no question of his place in the team on saturday. He needs to prove himself. We will ruin his confidence, pretty much like we have for Forbes, who in the games he started this season, i think in 2 out of 3 he was MOTM as well (if memory serves me right) only to be dropped for next game.

Cant make game this week either but will NOT be listening on MFCTV - totally laughable. Rather than being commentary for the game, its all about us, which doesnt give you an idea how the game is going. I know some people would like that but not for me.

Really hope Page keeps his place, would be really unfair to drop him if he was as good as everyone says he was last weekend. As for the game itself I can't see us losing, my head says draw, heart says 1-0 to us. Ojamaa with the goal.

Also, I can't see Rangers beating Celtic on Sunday, so a win would see us stay in 2nd place for at least a week! thumbup.gif

How do you expect Page to prove himself over a number of games if you're willing to dump him after his MOTM performance on Saturday??

I don't. I expect him to return to the bench.

That wasn't my point anyway. I'm happy enough for him to get the nod on Saturday and I hope he plays a blinder. My issue is with people seeing him as the new Messiah after one good performance and people seeing him as not worthy of a contract after only a handful of poor performances. Those who wanted Page punted after the cup game against Aberdeen were proved hasty after the league game. But surely, by the same token, there's exactly the same chance that those praising him to the heavens after the league game could be proved to be hasty too?

I don't think he's proved anything yet because he hasn't played enough games to properly judge him. At this key stage of the season, I'd rather rely on a (relatively) more established partnership in Hutchy and Clancy.

I can see the arguaments for&against to be honest. Saturday is now a massive game for us considering rangers will likely get hammered Sunday. Would be a shame not to put out our strongest team.

Saying that, page has been improving with each game& deserves a chance to stake a claim& a contract. In all jobs, in all walks of life there comes a time when a manager has to trust that young members of his/her staff are ready to step up.

What would i do?? Honestly not sure. I reckon hutchy is our best defender but will two raw young guys work together? Does clancy deserve to be back on the bench? Its a tough call.

Just in addition to my post, if McCall decides to stick with page, is mccall best to ask the lad who he would be most comgortable partnering?

Probably not, since if page us good enough he should be able to play with anyone. Just a thought though.

I also agree with the poster above, cant see mccall looking past a hutch-clancy pairing