Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

What station is that leaving from? When I try to book I cant seem to find any trains, hopefully isnt sold out.

That's from Motherwell to Kilmarnock, but as far as I know it's just half price fares all round so I'd imagine you can get 50% off to Kilmarnock from elsewhere (I only got mine from Motherwell rather than Blantyre so I'll save cash on the inevitable trip back to the Leccy)! laugh.gif

So what train is everyone looking at getting through? Think we're aiming for the 10.20 from the 'Well.

I remember we did that at FP in the 80s for Aberdeen...I think was their first game after the Cup Winners Cup win

Yeah, but with all due respect Killie have won the league cup. Well done and all that, but it really should be a case of back to league duty as normal this weekend. No clapping, no salutes or any of that nonsense.

Yes i believe it is a good thing to applaud them onto the park and we'll pay our respects also in a minutes silence for that poor guy Kelly's father. It's just the correct thing to do. Then when the game starts pump em 3-0. :drinks:

Minutes silence? For someones father? Im all for paying respect, but if he gets a minutes silence then its surely open season for these things every single game

The heartbreaking circumstances more than merit a minutes silence. If that's what Killie want to do then we should respect their wishes.

Have to agree with Stall ,he was not related to killie in any way .Sad as it was .Players parents die every day of the week and everyone of has to deal with it.not just players btw.We all have parents .Remember 91 ? Tommy and Jim ?

I'm not particularly fussed either way if there's a minute's applause or silence. However, if one does occur then I can imagine why. It's a different tragedy from just your usual parent passing away and if Killie feel that one of their player's fathers dropping dead pretty much on the final whistle of a historical League Cup win is due a moment of respect, then I'm perfectly happy to go along with that.

I'm also led to believe that Liam Kelly's dad's funeral will be on the Saturday (although that may be nonsense). If it is, then perhaps it would be a way for the Kilmarnock players themselves to show respect since they can't go along.

• Like 2

Have to agree with Stall ,he was not related to killie in any way .Sad as it was .Players parents die every day of the week and everyone of has to deal with it.not just players btw.We all have parents .Remember 91 ? Tommy and Jim ?

I think you (and a few folk on the other thread) are missing the point completely. It's not the fact that someone's dad has passed away, rather it's entirely to do with the circumstances in which it happened.

What should have been one of the happiest moments of Liam Kelly's career turned into probably the worst day of his life in an instant. That's why I will be paying my respects on Sat.

The events leading up to the 91 final are in no way comparable IMO.

• Like 1

i can't really say i'm keen on clapping someone i know absolutely nothing about.

Don't go to your seat until after it then.

The guy collapsed amongst the fans, was treated on pitch side watched by 12,000 Killie fans, the players and staff and has left one of our players distraught on what should be the best moment of his career so far.

Ordinarily a players parent dying wouldnt be a big deal but that was tragic to see unfold on Sunday and definately took shine off my day.

Even talking to KS yesterday at the hotel at rugby park, he still seemed to have his mind on other things.

I think a minute of silence is appropriate, if you don't want to observe it then stay away.

The funeral has not been confirmed yet but the whole squad are going to it in Milton Keynes.

• Like 3

I think a minute of silence is appropriate, if you don't want to observe it then stay away.

The funeral has not been confirmed yet but the whole squad are going to it in Milton Keynes.

it's not hard to respect a minute's silence. i've sat quietly for a paedo sheltering pope and the never worked a day in her life jakey queen mother.

appluading is different as it is actually an effort. i'll applaud people that i feel have earned it.

I remember when people used to stop in the street when a hearse went by. A tiny piece out of peoples lives to simply pay a bit of respect. He was a football fan after all just like us who died in trully tragic circumstances. If you dont want to show any respect then just stay way untill the game starts. If this was one of our own players father who died the same way would others still feel the same ?

I can see arguments both sides for a silence/applause for Jack Kelly. Glad it is someone else's decision.

On the guard of honour, maybe it is just me but I think they are a lot of pish. We start Saturday as equals and it is two teams trying to win a game of fitba. Showing some additional respect to them just moves away from that. I don't care who we are playing or what they have won it just isn't for me. If they parade the cup at half time then aye I'll give them a clap but it is not for the players to be doing.

I'm certain that whatever Killie feel is an appropriate tribute, it will be the right thing to do and all Well fans will observe it respectfully.

Team wise I hope McCall selects what he feels is the best side available to win this particular match, even if it means Pagey drops out. It would be harsh on him but at this time of the season there's no room for sentimentality.

2-0 Well.