Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Suicidal defending as bad as adeen cup game. 3 top scorers off as they were pish hamill and humph only ones looking up for it. Game gon card crazy as ref looses the plot. Jenno fouled then booked. 2 nil and not much between the teams killie just more clinical as hatley fuks the pass up again he really is having a mare and thats with heffenan subed. 1300 fans in attendance and just under 7k in total

Unfotunately I think we have blown it right here. This was the game that would have taken us out of sight demoralised our next few opponents and now were in a dogfight.

As much as I hope we sweep Rangers away we bottle it. And if not at Rugby park wher else?

Worryingly this sounds like a terrible performance and to make matters worse Jennings and hammel are now out for the game next week.

There's no way 3rd place is sewn up and i hope we have the bottle to raise our game again.

No need to panic. 3rd place has never been sewn up. Any one of 4 sides could finish in 3rd and it'll be a fantastic end to the season. It won't matter who is suspended next week - the Hibs game is our next real target. I had hoped to pick up a point today but it wasn't to be. I'm writing off next Sunday but its not beyond us to snatch a draw at Easter Road although Hibs will prove formidable opponents.

Shite happens, we aint Barcelona and are going to have off days even during important periods. It's how we react next week, massive game and we've got to respond. NO less.

Wasn't at the game so I wont comment on the team or how they played but it was a bad day for us with Dundee unt and St Johnstone both winning. Dundee united are for me our biggest threat and with us playing Rangers [who we never beat ] next week and United at home to Dunfermline we could be looking at the gap closing a bit more . Oh and St Johnstone play Inverness on Wednesday and a win would close the gap to 5 points if they then win next saturday the gap could be down to two points, they play Celtic at parkhead though and they wont win twice at parkhead in one season. :whistling: Champions league yir havin a laugh ....

Utterly woeful. We were murder. We played as if it was a preseason friendly until they scored. When they scored though they were easily the best team and there only looked one winner.

Officials were poor and for me the guard of honour shouldn't have happened. Just far too much respect given to them imo.

Champions League? We need to concern ourself with securing third place first. Utd look strong and St Johnstone have a game in hand. If Hammell and Jennings are out (Lasley as well?) then I think the poor run against Rangers will continue.

One of the worst performances of the season but they will need to bounce back immeadiately.

What seems inexplicable is the nature and level of performance. That plus we seem incapable of not getting 3 or 4 players booked in every game at the moment and mostly for next to nothing. 3rd is still ours to throw away, but a result and performance like this gives me cause for concern.

DDee Utd must be due a blip but I can see them picking up at least 4 points from Dunfermline at home and Aberdeen away. We need to win one of the games v Gers at home or Hibs away to go into the split with a reasonable cushion. We should all being well get 3 home games and 2 away and DDee Utd should be at Fir Park.

Disappointed to hear that Hammell and Jennings are missing next week. Is this 100% correct? Do some of these suspensions not seem to kick in at strange times - ie not the very next game???

The reason I'm so bitterly disappointed is that a win today could have had a huge psychological effect for the rest of the season.

The chance to take 2nd place? We didn't. Will that shake our confidence?

Overtaking Rangers? We didn't. Rangers might have been shaken, but they won't be now.

Keeping the huge gap between us and the rest? We didn't. We've still a decent gap, and it's still ours to throw away, but Dundee United and St Johnstone know they can catch us.

Hibs fan posted this on the BBC....Graeme in Musselburgh: "Worst Hibs team I've ever seen. Can't defend, no midfield and toothless in attack. Relegation looms and we deserve it."

Roll on Easter Road I'd say!

I wish people would stop saying bad day at the office. If office workers had as many off days as professional players they would be out of a job pronto.

Anyhow, killie was always going to be a difficult game, and i would have grabbed a draw beforehand. However, worrying it seems we failed to turn up in the second half, and then make stupid mistakes. Seems a theme to our game of late to only play in parts of games., We've perhaps been lucky to get away with it, but now we really need to knuckle down and fight for every point.

It's now time our players and staff smashed this Rangers hoodoo. Our club needs the extra revenue, which would go a long way in securing our future and perhaps some of the players futures.

Should have stuck with Page. Hutchinson was horrific, maybe some will now realise he's nowhere near the player some on here make him out to be. Jennings was awful. Ojamaa couldn't trap a bag of cement. Murphy, we will struggle to get £250 based on that performance.

Pass marks to Randolph. Humphrey as well was by far the best of the forward players. However that's not saying much.

Trying not to be to critical given the season we've had but fuck me that was as bad as I've seen us in years. 1300 fans badly let down. A real lack of fight and nobody looking to take responsibility. Very poor.

Fear for us now. United and Saints winning, and I've got the fear we're going to get pumped next week.

Hibs fan posted this on the BBC....Graeme in Musselburgh: "Worst Hibs team I've ever seen. Can't defend, no midfield and toothless in attack. Relegation looms and we deserve it."

Counting chickens.

That means very little in realtion to our game in two weeks. We didn't show up against Killie with the best part of their first eleven missing. Hibs have proven a handful for us this season and the game ob the 8th will be no different.

No need to panic. 3rd place has never been sewn up. Any one of 4 sides could finish in 3rd and it'll be a fantastic end to the season. It won't matter who is suspended next week - the Hibs game is our next real target. I had hoped to pick up a point today but it wasn't to be. I'm writing off next Sunday but its not beyond us to snatch a draw at Easter Road although His will prove formidable opponents.

Think its going to be a great end to the season Dave starting with next weeks game against Rangers ,and who knows, could it be time to end our losing streak [10 years?]. Then Hibs away, tell you what I would rather play Hibs at easter road than at firpark we seem play better there for some reason. Then the split and whatever that brings but lets get behind the team this is no time for doom and gloom its still in our hands .Come on the Well. :cheers:

perhaps we need to go back to the old tactics we had before ojamaa arrived for away games. Maybe we are just a little to open. We dont need to chase games away from home.

Page has been unlucky given that until the Aberdeen game he rarely played in his correct position. Where as Hutchinson

waltzed into his best position and looked the part, althougth still capable of the odd mistake given his lack of experience.

As someone said we are picking up alot of bookings for nothing, which begs the question about officials bias. Perhaps, bskyb had a wee word in the ear of the officials to ensure a tittle play off tomorrow! Seems daft to say that, but it seems they already dictate to much to our league for entegrity not to be questioned. Our players made mistakes that cost the goal, but perhaps the early bookings was enough to put certain players off their game.

Was working at Easter Road today and the boy is absolutely right. They're awful. Bit of pressure on Claros and Stevenson in midfield and they'll struggle to get out of their own half. Griffiths always an option wide, but his head was totally out of the game today after half an hour. Fenlon chucking subs on and chopping and changing hardly helps.

Still 8 points clear. Still a good squad. McCall needs to earn some money here and get us going, last year after the split (with the cup final, aye, but still) we were absolutely terrible. Can't do that again.

Absolutely rank fucking rotten today. Team did not look intersted at all and not one single player could pass a ball 5 yards. A bunch of absolute chicken shits when it came to 50-50 balls aswell.

Really disappointed with the full result and perfomance and it could prove to be a very crucial weekend of results.

Murphy and Humphrey don't do 50/50s but we have known that for a while. The biggest offence was the majority not looking interested till Killie scored. A defeat with full effort I can accept but today as a stand alone game I thought it was pretty shambolic.

That was a real let down. I really thought we'd be up for it but it was a very flat display. Sixty odd minutes was it to have our first (and only?) effort on goal pretty much says it all.

Lots of decent possession from both teams for the first half an hour but Killie began to get on top in the last fifteen of the first half and probably should have been ahead even by the break.

We didn't heed the warning however and we were quickly behind early in the second. It looked a long way back even at 1-0 but when they scored the second it was game over. Too far away to argue whether it was handball or otherwise.

No grumbles with McCall mixing it up with the triple substitution in an effort to spark some life into things and if McHugh had been a wee bit more alert when that ball fizzed across the box we might have been able to muster some kind of comeback but it wasn't to be.

The other scores only make the afternoon even more of a disappointment.

However.

We are still in pole position for third. We still have our fate very much in our own hands and we most certainly know we can play miles better than that today.

Response next week please!

Took my boy to his first ever away game today!! Wish I hadn't bothered, terrible performance, a real lack of any urgency and non belief. Passmarks only really to Randolph and i felt Humphrey looked ok when he had the ball!! Whats happened to Ojaama?? Stop reading your own press mate and get your game sorted out!!

Plus side for our big support down there today, utterly exceptional (apart from the drunk guy who spat when he talked, continually shouting "c*nt" and "f**kin Scum" in the ear of my 6yr old all game....FUD)

Minutes silence impecable and great respect shown......well done!!

what a load of shite.

we were crying out for a sub at half time. you could easily have pulled ojaama, law or carswell but mccall thought we were fine. then we goal a goal down and his tactical masterplan is to move law inside and we end up two down then he makes the subs. total pish, i'm struggling to remember when his subs made a positive impact on a match.

the favouritism towards nicky law has to stop. he was barely involved last week and was rank today but his place in the team never seems in danger. the same goes with higdon, he did absolutely nothing in their half after being an empty jersey last week and knocking us out the cup the week before. will either of their places been in danger? :laugh: no chance.

murphy doesn't look interested any more but i can't say i blame him. he hasn't had a shot in his favoured position since last summer, is the only one who ever gets dropped and is the first sub. mccall's man management has turned a £750k asset into zero. he came onto today and daley played through the centre! the guy is a joke of a player but he is another one of mccall's favourites which explains the fact he is here next year despite the budget needing to be cut.

hutchy and jenno played well first half but were terrible in the 2nd. hammell and humphrey had decent games. there is a lot of work to do to get 3rd place.