Motherwell V Celtic 22/4/12 Discussion

Iain7_mfc

It's a difficult one to predict, unless you're Rickoza or MJC ofcourse! :P But no, I'm not quite sure what we'll be facing. I really thought a couple of weeks back if we could get our noses in front against Rangers that such was our motivation set against what little they had to play for, a result would be ours for the taking. Didn't quite pan out and they gave as good as they got before stealing it at the death.

There's a little of that next weekend too. Celtic have won the league, there's no longer a Cup final place for their squad of about 60 to fight for and they'll only really have the last Old Firm game on their radar. So there *shouldn't* be the anything more than professional pride for them to play for.

Ofcourse I'm also fairly certain that there will attempts to derive additional motivation from their support, no doubt having been sufficiently whipped up into a frenzy by their manager and club hierarchy over the course of the next seven days about everybody and their dug at SFA still out to get them.

I guess, as I suppose you could say about every game, that it has to be a case of us performing to our maximum on and off the park and seeing where it takes us on the day.

hearts have proved nothing that we dont know already. You need to get in and about them for the full 90 mins.

Professional curtisy would say we should clap them onto the park. As i would also say please dont abuse Lennon. Shows we are above all there bitter nonsense, and are a respectable club. Roar our own team on, and all that.

• Like 1

hearts have proved nothing that we dont know already. You need to get in and about them for the full 90 mins.

Professional curtisy would say we should clap them onto the park. As i would also say please dont abuse Lennon. Shows we are above all there bitter nonsense, and are a respectable club. Roar our own team on, and all that.

Forget all this clap them on the park pish.Lennon is an **** .(put what you like ).lennon was like a rottwieler on steroids at the end of the game today .****!

I understand that Killie were given recognition, we were the first team they played after winning the league cup. Why would Celtic even qualify for a round of applause at Fir Park?

Good point.

Saying that, this isn't even close to being the same as Killie (taken away the Old Firm v Diddy Club thing). Kilmarnock were not just playing their first game, but it was also at their ground. If it was at Fir Park, then I don't think we'd have allowed them to "celebrate" the way we did. There would have been no Cup Parade, so I really don't see why we should allow Celtic to.

Fair enough if it was at Celtic Park, as we will need to do it next season if we play them first game of the season so fuck them.

As for the game, 2-1 tae us, with Lennon having a melt-down as we're given a penalty and the other goal was never over the the line!

i'm sure i read someone on here saying this celtic team were the best scottish side of the past 10 years! they are pish. they've won 2 out of their biggest 13 (8 europe, 3 OF, LCF, SCSF) games so far, that's piss poor and they haven't even been overly impressive against the diddies.

the last two times we've played them it's pretty close so there's no reason why we can't get a result on sunday. we should be attempting to put them under pressure from the first minute.

Not impressed that we've got that arrogant bastard O'Reilly for the second game in a row, especially against that mob with their agenda against refs. A very hard game has just become even harder with this appointment.

looking forward to this game for a whole host of reason, but at the end of the day I hope Motherwell turn up and make it difficult for Celtic.

I saw the last game at Parkhead and I felt we didn't press them enough when we had the ball and the old firm green lack invention

Looking at the bbc website there is a picture of Lennon and FORSTER confronting the referee. Lennon's been discussed, but surely the authorities should be looking at Forster's conduct, and be offering him a ban. We've have had players banned for nothing compared to Forster's apparent threatening demeaner towards the referee. Perhaps someone more technical than me can point relevant authorities to this incident.

Looking at the bbc website there is a picture of Lennon and FORSTER confronting the referee. Lennon's been discussed, but surely the authorities should be looking at Forster's conduct, and be offering him a ban. We've have had players banned for nothing compared to Forster's apparent threatening demeaner towards the referee. Perhaps someone more technical than me can point relevant authorities to this incident.

Considering what our manager was pulled up about I think there should be more than a few ban offerings winging their way to the east end of Glasgow.

I'll take a 1-1 draw in this game. I don't see us getting much, and would consider a draw a good result.

Not impressed that we've got that arrogant bastard O'Reilly for the second game in a row, especially against that mob with their agenda against refs. A very hard game has just become even harder with this appointment.

But its ok because all the refs are anti Celtic Neil Lennon !

Just when you thought it was safe to Officiate a Sellik game Lenny 3 this time it's personal !laugh1.gif

Other than the day they won the title at Rugby Park, Celtic haven't looked arsed since Rangers got their points deduction and I can't see why that'll change now. Get tight, get Higdon in on top of that absolute diddy Wilson and give it a go. Hearts showed us how to do it, give up the wings, win everything in the box, get someone who can hold it up forward and take yr chances.

That's cos we're pants against the Mould Firm. 4-0 to the tattiemunchers. They'll be mad about Hearts beating em and the Neil Lennon the whole world hates me syndrome will have them fired up tae feck. We'll get horsed. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wallbash.gif" alt=":wallbash:">

• Like 1