Motherwell V Celtic 22/4/12 Discussion

Iain7_mfc

agree about those three players.

They might have won the league, but they were gifted the points today. Standing off them letting them put in good crosses is never a clever tactic. We played today like a pre season friendly. When you think about it the ref hardly had anything to do, which means we did not get into them, which is what is required to beat them.

Our performances in the last 3 games including a Killie and Celtic team who were both on the beach has been A FECKIN DISGRACE!!! Im really scunnered with them. DO WE ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!! Special critisism must go to Carswell and Hately who have both been crap for weeks.Get Saunders and Lasley back and Daley's pish as well by the way. Im shaking with anger here. EVERY MOTHERWELL PLAYER NEEDS TO TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES AFTER THAT SHITE TODAY!!! :wallbash:

• Like 1

Once again another spineless pathetic display against the old firm, we definately have a mental issue going on against them by both management and players!! Really poor stuff today!!

Hopefully they will all be shamed into putting a huge effort into next weeks match, they have a chance to get to the Champions League, something i doubt as supporters we,ll ever see again and i doubt any of those players are good enough ever to have a chance like this again!!

I still feel 2 wins will secure it....Hard week of training in store for them i feel.....time to fight!!

Just a thought; maybe if we had a better support we would have played better. We are on the verge of Champions League here. I was in the East Stand today and it was standing out on Rannoch moor - nae other fuckers there!

If it doesn't matter to supporters....

• Like 1

Aye, serious competition for worst performance today. Hateley, Daley or Ojaama probably vying for that.

Daley for me could not beat his man, did not track back, and strolled about. offered nothing.

Hateley cant cope with anyone running at him, he's not got a clue what to do. His attempts at crosses are laughable. Dont they practice with the ball?

Just a thought; maybe if we had a better support we would have played better. We are on the verge of Champions League here. I was in the East Stand today and it was standing out on Rannoch moor - nae other fuckers there!

If it doesn't matter to supporters....

we could have had 50000 fans at an old firm game, it still aint going to encourage a performance out of them.

mccall has a lot to answer for.

we are never going to get the better of celtic with humphrey and daley in the deal team. daley is hopeless with a terrible attitude and the fact he'll be here next season is sickening. humphrey is doing a better job of impersonating a footballer recently but he still has zero end product and continually embarasses himself falling over and knocking the ball out of play.

the tactics were shite from the kick off and his idea of playing law centre mid failed once again but the worst thing was we didn't adjust at all when it turned out they were playing 3-5-2 was a joke. cha constantly pushed right onto hammell and we were 4 vs 3 at the back all the time. that cost us the 1st goal.

mccall is having an utter nightmare recently. waiting until we wer two down to make a change at killie, no subs until rangers scored in the 89th minute even though we were on our last legs (the omar comes on because we actually want to score now), no left hand side of the park at hibs.

mccall inherited a solid team with a keeper, back 4 and centre midfield pairing who have carried us this season. beyond that what has he done? he needs to get back to the line up that did well against hearts and st johnstone a few months ago. since murphy dropped out the team we've scored 1,0,1,1,0. if he thinks humphrey or daley are better options he needs to find a new profession.

I see what you're saying Lobey but if our players need financial incentives to gain a Champions League spot then shame on them!

Agree with you on one point though, no way will we finish 3rd this season.

Nah they certainly shouldn't need any sort of financial incentive but the prospect of a CL qualifier doesn't seem to be motivating them.

Like a lot of others, so annoyed on so many fronts.

McCall - we established in January that 4-5-1 doesnt work for us because Higdon isnt mobile enough and nobody else gets close enough to take advantage of his hold up play. Either drop Higdon or play 2 up front. We have also stopped playing football. No fluency to our passing. Leaves us resorting to lumping it long all the time.Pish to watch.

Hately - delivery was pish and has been for weeks. What has happened to him?

Hammell, Clancy, Hutch - didnt deal with the cross balls coming in from the right all game. A goal was only a matter of time.

Daley - so infuriating. Got into some decent positions first half but never had control of ball at any time.

Humphrey - can you teach/instill bravery/confidence/desire? So much potential but so rarely delivers.

Carswell/Law - Consistently chose the wrong passing options.

Ojamma - not much time to shine but looks a shadow of the player we thought we had!

I think a lot of this comes down to the manager/system. We need to get back to keeping the ball and putting the opposition on the back foot and allow the players to build back their confidence. Having so many players off form at the one time is no coincidence.

Somehow we ARE still in the driving seat. Lets not throw it away!

Our final ball again today was fucking awful. Higdon isolated too much and the only Person who tried to support him was Humphrey. No support from Law, Jenno or Carswell.

I like the look of Carswell but he maybe needs to try and take a bit more responsibility. He just wants rid of the ball as soon as he gets it. I kno

Two massive games coming up. Tbh must wins if we want any chance of CL football.

McCall - we established in January that 4-5-1 doesnt work for us because Higdon isnt mobile enough and nobody else gets close enough to take advantage of his hold up play. Either drop Higdon or play 2 up front. We have also stopped playing football. No fluency to our passing. Leaves us resorting to lumping it long all the time.Pish to watch.

Hately - delivery was pish and has been for weeks. What has happened to him?

Hammell, Clancy, Hutch - didnt deal with the cross balls coming in from the right all game. A goal was only a matter of time.

Daley - so infuriating. Got into some decent positions first half but never had control of ball at any time.

Humphrey - can you teach/instill bravery/confidence/desire? So much potential but so rarely delivers.

Carswell/Law - Consistently chose the wrong passing options.

Ojamma - not much time to shine but looks a shadow of the player we thought we had!

Christ, with a team like that it's a wonder we're not fighting relegation :doh: