Motherwell Vs St Johnstone Discussion Thread

David

Stating the obvious here but what a massive, massive game! I'm trying to stay positive and thinking if we can get a win and hearts do us a favour by beating united then the gap will be 6 points, with united still having both the old firm and ourselves to play.

Despite their excellent run since the turn of the year I think a 6 point swing will be too much for them with those fixtures.

All ifs and buts though!

2-1 Motherwell - Murphy and Higdon with the goals.

massive game and i dont care how we win!! and i really hope Hearts players are playing for their cup final place rather than the crap we dished up when we got there

it can be our worse game of the season, worst performance from 11 players - i dont care, as long as we have scored 1 more than them come 90mins

that is all that matters

Mr Sandaza has had quite a week...........

Footballer Francisco Sandaza was caught going the wrong way down a one-way street while he was drunk.

The St Johnstone striker spent a night behind bars after being arrested with his girlfriend during the early hours of Thursday morning and appeared from custody.

He admitted driving past a crowd of people while he was more than double the legal limit and was banned from the road for 16 months and fined £550.

Perth Sheriff Court was told on Friday that the Spaniard was initially stopped because he was driving the wrong way down South Street in Perth, but was let go by the police. Officers, who were busy dealing with a disturbance outside a nightclub, initially let Sandaza go after pointing out to him that he was driving down a one-way street.But they became concerned about the way he drove off and pulled him over again a short time later to breathalyse him.

He failed the roadside breath test. The 27-year-old was taken to police HQ in Perth and gave a reading of 71mcg compared to the 35 mcg limit. When he saw the high reading, he told police: "I want another blow."

Sandaza's arrest came just days after he was forced to apologise to his team-mates for fighting with them after being sent-off against Dundee United last Saturday. Sandaza, of Kinfauns, Perthshire, admitted drink driving his Saab 9-5 car in South Street and Scott Street, Perth, on April 27, while he was double the alcohol limit.

Further charges of failing to comply with a road sign and having no insurance were dropped by the Crown as part of a plea bargain. Fiscal depute Chris Macintosh told the court: "At 1.15 am the police were on duty in South Street, outside The Loft nightclub, because it was busy and there were a lot of people about. A number of people were coming and going. They observed a vehicle being driven down South Street, which is one-way, in the wrong direction.

"They stopped the vehicle and spoke to the accused and told him to turn around. The passenger, his girlfriend, came out and went to the nightclub to retrieve her mobile phone. The accused drove off and, due to suspicions, was followed by a police vehicle and then stopped. He admitted having three drinks approximately two hours earlier. The accused seems to have been slightly surprised by the reading he gave. He said 'I want another blow.'"

Solicitor John McLaughlin, defending, said: "My client is 27 and a professional footballer. The car was parked on a double yellow line and he was intending to drive to a more secure parking area. He went into Scott Street car park and that is when police spoke to him. He is very embarrassed and contrite. He has spent the night in custody.

"He didn't believe his breath reading would be as high as it turned out," Mr McLaughlin said, adding that the striker earned around £4000 per month.

Sheriff Raymond McMenamin told Sandaza: "You may have been surprised to learn of your breath alcohol reading, but with that amount of alcohol in your breath you should not have been behind the wheel of a car. You must realise that now, having spent the night in custody."

He told Sandaza it was "a relatively high reading" and banned him for 16 months. He can reduce the ban by a quarter by completing a driver rehabilitation course. The court was told that the player, who formerly turned out for Brighton and Dundee United, and turned down a move to Rangers in January, had ten points on his licence for three speeding convictions in the past two years.

A St Johnstone spokesman said: "We are aware of what happened and we are making no comment at the moment." Sandaza has scored 17 goals in 32 appearances this SPL season.

aye but how much is paid into an off shore account?

anyway back to the football

I think we just have to relax and play football we can beat St johnstone and 3 more points will be ours

Tomorrow's game will be very hard. Saints are a big physical side and in January probably gave us the hardest battering we've had all season. They'll put up with no nonsense from the likes of Nicky Law and Henrik Ojamaa. I hope we can attract a decent crowd to create an atmosphere befitting the importance of this game. We must get on the ref's back early on to show him the fans won't let Saints off with anything. Of late referees have given us little and we can't allow that to continue tomorrow.

We're third for a reason and they're fourth for a reason.

St. Johnstone have won more points away from home than we have at Fir Park, scored more goals away from home than we have at Fir Park and conceded less goals away from home than we have at Fir Park!

It's going to be a tough match but hopefully we can overcome them and Hearts do us a favour.