Motherwell Vs St Johnstone Discussion Thread

David

Ok, I'm pretty angry from that today still, but for me, the players have chucked it.

The recent performances at Rugby Park, Easter Road and then today are proof enough for me that the players don't have the mental strength when the going gets tough and the pressure is on and further more after that starting line up and tactics today from McCall, I have serious doubts that he is able to make the correct decisions also.

Don't know what the score will be, but haven't seen anything lately to suggest this will be anything other than another defeat.

3-0 Saints. NAP

blum3.gif

Must win game and we won so congratulations to the management and players.

It was an odd match though and although we deserved to win our opening two goals came against the run of pla after a very sluggish start and I wasn't altogether convinced by the performance in all areas. Luckily though our forward players all did very well and that combinded with St.Johnstone having an adhoc defense today meant we created lots of chances. The reintroduction of Murphy made a made a big difference, Law was playing in his best position and Chris Humphrey probably had one of his best performances in a Motherwell shirt.

Defensively though I wasn't entirely confortable even though St. Johnstone didn't put us under to much pressure and our midfield duo of Jennings and Lasley were quiet today - luckily their opposite numbers didn't distinguish themselves either.

All in all though you couldn't complain too much and today is a massive step towards Champions League football next season although we still have a bit to do before we can get too cocky but today has to be a big confidence boast after a shaky spell.

Outstanding team performance today guys. Totally outplayed a dirty st. Johnstone team in my opinion. Chris humpreys was unplayable today, his best game in a well shirt. Big higgy was excellent too, as was big hutchy.

No failures today, happy days.

Cheesy

We only have to beat United at home IF they manage to take 6 points of the Old Firm. What a position to be in!

I'd still rather be in the position were we don't have to beat Dundee Utd on the last day because I don't think my heart is up to that sort of stress!

Oh for a result in midweek!

All in all though you couldn't complain too much and today is a massive step towards Champions League football next season although we still have a bit to do before we can get too cocky but today has to be a big confidence boast after a shaky spell.

You can't complain too much? We've just cuffed a team who were challenging us for third a few weeks ago 5-1!

You can't complain at all!

Well done Morherwell, stepped up to the plate when the pressure was on. 15 minutes into the game it looked like it was going to be tough going but the threat of Humphrey got us into the game.

I love watching us when Murphy and Humphrey are on form. With Nicky Law providing plenty of movement and pulling the strings in midfield, I thought we were excellent going forward.

Perfect. Also, both starting Strikers scoring and the sub striker getting two is great stuff. Not to mention another goal from Midfield from Law, decent return btw , what 7 or 8 now? We have needed goals from midfield and Law, despite his critics has had a good year on that front.

think its six for Law, Lasley has chipped in 5 , Humphrey 2?

i can't say i've got much faith in him sending out a team capable of making chances and scoring on saturday.

Proof you know hee haw about fitba. We have only lost 4 games (minus the OF) all season and we deserve to be third. Why the lack of faith?

Anyway mon the well, we're all going on a European tour....woop.gif

You can't complain too much? We've just cuffed a team who were challenging us for third a few weeks ago 5-1!

You can't complain at all!

Fair enough. But I was making the point that I thought it was an uneven performance which is a perfectly acceptable point.

Why didn't you quote the part where I congratulated the manager and team or said Humphrey had probably his best game at Fir Park or where I said all the forwards had stormers?

To analyse something with a degree of accuracy you have to look at pluses and negatives and that's what I try to do. I think the point of my post was that today was overall positive it's you that's highlighting the negatives out of context.